“Expected more”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Looking over Plaza
Transit: Bus stop is located only steps away from the restaurant. Connection to Secaucus train station as well as direct transportation to New York City.
Description: American cusine featuring traditional ingredients with a modern touch.Part pup, part swanky lounge. Urban Plum is a melding of cultures, food and cocktails, somewhere in between the comfort of a neighborhood restaurant fused with a ‘see and be seen’ lounge. Urban Plum will offer the perfect union of colorful and bold flavors from the surrounding area, great design, impeccable hospitality and an incomparable locale. A tribute to our past, a celebration of our roots, a modern-day representation and a look to the future. Urban Plum is for all of us, each and every guest who steps into this refreshing, powerful culinary environment. We are open 7 days a week for breakfast, dinner, cocktails and late night dining, we feature 50 different types of beer on our menu – join us often!
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Not bad, not great, average hotel food at an above price.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Don't go for the food-go for the atmosphere and the drinks. I had the "BADABOOM " (New Jersey talk I guess) as well as the "HOUSE MARGARITA". They were both great. Good thing we had a designated driver!

1  Thank Manon M
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I had visited Urban Plum about a year ago & really enjoyed myself. Having just had the displeasure of returning to this restaurant, I felt it important to set the record straight since my last review. We were one of 2 tables at Urban Plum, which should have set us off (especially for a Saturday night at 8 pm). Our waiter Nick was awful. It seemed like it was his 1st day in food service. After being seated for 15 minutes, Nick finally came over & welcomed us with, "you ready to order?" He refused to take drink orders & made us wait for the bartender to come over & take them. The only slightly saving grace was the bartender, Milosh, who was friendly. Our waiter, Nick, made no attempt to make our dining experience ok & didn't even attempt to fix/ apologize for the many things that went wrong. Plus, the food was mediocre, that I really just wanted to run & get out of that place! I will never return & truly can say that this was the worst restaurant experience in my life! Do not make the same mistake I did!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Not bad, not great, just ok.

We were staying at a neighbouring hotel and stopped in a couple times for drinks and dinner. Nice atmosphere - we met and chatted with people from all over the world. Service was good, even when it got busy as emergency crews arrived back at the hotel all at the same time. (We were there during Hurricane Irene)

Food was ok. We ordered onion rings with our meal and they were just strange - tiny stringy things soaked in oil. Staff did give us alternatives (salad and fries) for free once they saw the confused looks on our faces. Maybe it was just something that we Canadians aren't use to?

Was a little amused when the gentleman at the front desk directed me to the public washrooms on the fourth floor when I asked. (They are right behind the bar in the lobby in case anyone needs to know. And yes, I am sure that's what he said - "take the elevator to the fourth floor and turn right", to quote him.) Stupid me wandered around the fourth floor for 10 min.

I guess that was a joke? I've had two children - having to go pee is no joke! :)

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Recently visited this restaurant at the Holiday Inn, Secaucus w/ a group of 6 friends. Food was great & high-class pub food. We ate the brat pot, chessesteak egg rolls & disco fries for apps. Ate the french dip for dinner - so good! My husband had the steak frites, which were phenomental. I made reservations through opentable.com. The restaurant was not busy, which led to some great service. Good beers & great recommendations from the manager. Decor is very modern & cool. Valet parking is free when you eat at the restaurant. Would definitely return...