“Good...if you get deal...Average if not, Overall they get a "B" from us”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 3 July 2013

In Short Staff excellent, property gets a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Breakfast is not worth them serving id rather bring my own granola bar and make my own weak instant coffee (economy doesnt define it on the breakfast served). Rooms clean and up to standards no problems here. Kitchennete clean. Beds too small - make sure you call and get a king if you want one we were put on a double bed after being promised a king. AC and Heat worked fine so they get a check mark here. No service for sheet changes or towels anytime during our 3 day stay but it might be normal at extended stay americas not sure - we didnt mind this. If you arent looking for a deal and would be willing to part with $150 a night I believe you might find better service eslewhere. WiFI excellent and staff right through were very helpful well dressed and superbly polite.

Room Tip: Call make sure its a king,
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanadaDos
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature for our hotel, so as we make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind. Still, we are happy to know that you truly enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and your clean room.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

After traveling all day, my family and I were worn out. We missed the exit for our intended hotel and stumbled upon this one. My husband and I decided to see if they had a room available and as luck would have it, they had just had a cancellation. The night clerk was a lovely gentleman by the name of Vladimir. He was very friendly and made sure we had all that we needed. The room was spotless, there were plenty of towels, and the beds were quite comfortable. Of all the hotls we stayed in during our vacation, this was the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that our staff members took great care of you and this was the best hotel you stayed at during your trip. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Staying at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Medowlands, Secaucus was an extremely comfortable and affordable hotel experience. The room with a kitchen was necessary for our dietary needs. The bus to NYC stopped in front of our hotel during the week, but not on weekends. The only issue we had with the hotel was no ice and slow Internet service. Without a car, I would recommend staying at one of the other Extended Stay locations in the city that are within walking distance of shopping centers. Overall, our four day stay was wonderful and helped to make our vacation go exactly as planned.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Shelley,

The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. We are happy we were able to accommodate you and meet your budget. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was at this hotel for a family trip with my husband and kids this hotel is kid and pet friendly nice area in the rear of hotel to barbecue and relax in the sun with ur pets price was great and location was perfect only 14 cab ride to train and 4 ride to the city I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location and the convenience of the BBQ area. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

It was a fabulous stay... All of the employees are very helpful, and like to make sure your stay is comfortable... Awesome view. And very clean environment. They were very sufficient in making sure that you have all of the amenities needed. Washroom, and helpful with driving directions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Hi Janessa,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff took good care of you and that everything was spotless in the room. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Secaucus and while I travel and have stayed at many different hotels from around the world, this was easily the best experience.

Just a couple of the main things which spring to mind:

The rooms were lovely, warm, very clean and quiet.

At the time we stayed, one of the staff passionately showed some pictures of the aspirational and considerable upgrades which were planned for the the weeks / months after I had been visiting there, so the place looks like it was going to look even better! - it struck me as amazing that this level of passion and pride for the hotel was across the board. Everyone was passionate and happy to talk about the goals of the hotel, to be the absolute best, and it really showed.

But what I was absolutely not expecting was the outstanding level of service. I will include some examples of how they had gone the extra mile.

The Manager reviews every guest and memorised everyone's name, researched them on social media so that they knew you before you even arrived, knew your room numbers and the duration of stay. He tries to do this for every single person. I was stunned.

Overnight, we had been out really late, (we arrived back around 2am) and I realised that I had a big presentation and was leaving in the morning at 6am.

One of the team had been supposed to close down the laundry, but she hand washed, ironed and quietly delivered to my room in the 4 hours between us coming back to the hotel, and me having to be dressed.

The manager (Yoel Cajiga) despite working a 6am - 7pm shift, drove all of the delegates to the conference centre from early morning. And whatever time we finished (including midnight and 2am sessions), he was happy to be called, and he would drive us all back again. He organised the Van for us, and was always immaculately dressed, and friendly, personable and professional.

What blew me away was that this was not just from the top, but every single staff member was the same level of professionalism, personality and (to me most importantly), a really genuine and friendly, authentic service.

In contrast we had stayed at another far more expensive hotel and while their service was polite in contrast it seemed shallow and superficial.

I will not be staying anywhere else if I am anywhere near New Jersey or New York. The hotel is an absolute credit to the chain, to the manager Yoel, and to the hard working and driven team members.

(This review was written by Jay Best but using his wife's profile)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had such an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you appreciated everything, that the staff took wonderful care of you, and you felt the level of love and passion that we all have here for our property. I personally would love to thank you for mentioning my staff and myself. It was truly a pleasure to accommodate and assist you all any way we could.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I recently stayed for an extended time period at the Secaucus-Meadowlands Extended Stay America for a very pleasant, comfortable and fruitful experience. I was there to work. The booking was made easy. Manager Yoel made me feel at home even before I got there.

The room was very ample, clean and well equipped with amenities: flat screen t.v. / microwave /cabinets with plates and utensils, nice refrigerator, lots of drawers etc. The room service staff kept the rooms very clean and always had a nice word and a smile when passing by.

There is a clean laundry room and even breakfast goodies like fruit and cereal downstairs in the morning.

Most of all, the personnel were just great. Any questions were answered with a smile and the staff were knowledgeable on how to find things for work, dining or entertainment. These are some of the nice Extended Stay staff who were so helpful to me:

Manager Yoel, Vivian, Vladimir, Maylin, Nicole, Sean, Roberto, Niza, and Tanya.

Thank you and all the workers at Extended Stay America, Secaucus-Meadowlands. You really made me feel at home and as a result my work went well and I will be back there again in the future.

I would like to go back there again for non-work related reasons also because the hotel is located perfectly near highways, eating places, and very close to downtown Manhattan, with convenient and regular public transportation nearby. Also this is a perfect hotel location to hop over and see the Patriots in next year’s Super Bowl, just minutes away. I had to spoil the letter, didn’t I?

Roberto F

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was polite and helpful to you in every way. I am grateful that you were able to write such an extensive review and take the time to personally mention a few staff members.