“Excellent customer service and comfortable stay as home”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent customer service and comfortable stay as home”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The stay here in Extended Stay was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and the service was excellent. Felt like staying at home, and I missed it when I had to leave. The front-desk staff are very friendly and helpful who make you feel at home, especially Oliver and Vladimir they are excellent. The transport facility is good, as the buses going to New york stop right in front of the hotel. The full kitchen in my room was very helpful to make quick food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 409sureshk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The team here @ ESA- Meadowlands is amazing. They are so attentive to all of my needs and are more than approachable when it comes to accommodating my needs. I'm always late for coffee in the lobby but they seem to always bring me a fresh cup. Love that!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Margyus S
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Because of my job I stay here every weekend from mid October thru December each year. I don't write a review each time but I always start out with one. Obviously there is a reason I stay here. East access to NYC, bus lines, and food. Second, Oliver at the front desk always takes great care of me. Anything I have ever asked for or needed he has done first class. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds could definitely be better but not a deal breaker. Breakfast is small but free is free and I stock up. The WIFI is slower but im not trying to run an online business so it works for me. I still haven't had a tube with a working stopper but I shower. So its all good. Overall I really enjoy coming back to the ESA. And I have always been treated well. So stop in and give them a try. Youll enjoy the full kitchen in every room.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Dru H
palos verdes, ca
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was visiting my son who is in college in Hoboken, and was traveling alone. I checked in at around 10:30 PM. The man behind the desk was sorting papers on a back counter and did not even turn for a long time. He finally said he would be right with me, then continued to shuffle papers while a variety of delivery people came and went. When I finally got to my room, there was a strong musty smell. The sheets also did not smell fresh. I was so tired, I was just happy to be able to lie down. I tried my best to ignore the odors. The next morning, a man in a pinstriped suit came into the elevator and got the minimal breakfast. He then walked aimlessly in the parking lot smoking, and came over to me as I got in the car to say how much he liked my car! I can't complain too much since I got a great deal on Priceline, but I would not go there again. The location is not convenient to much. It always took much longer than it should because of ongoing costruction on the Jersey Turnpike. I almost missed my plane home after leaving the hotel at 5 AM, 3 hours before my flight, and finding that every exit I needed to take to get to the Newark airport was closed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank spahopper123
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room is only cleaned once a week. There are no facilities at this hotel worthy of mention. Have to get a bus back by 11pm which costs $8 a day each. In a boring a location. Rooms feel old and outdated. The included food in the morning is a pre-package muffin and aweful coffee. For the cost per night I recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I'm not sure who are the reviewers that gave this hotel 5* reviews, probably their own staff.

We stayed at this hotel on our recent trip to NYC. We were just crashing for the night and staying in Manhattan for the rest of the trip (thankfully the other hotels we stayed at were great). When we arrived, the reception office staff was not there, so we called the front desk number for assistance. He showed up looking half awake and in a foul mood. I was traveling with another friend so we requested to pay for a roll away in the room, but the guy was reluctant to even carry on a conversation, basically said 'no' to question we asked. The hotel is supposed to have complementary "continental breakfast", but he told us because the coffee machine is broken there's no breakfast... I'm pretty sure a continental breakfast entails more than just coffee. I think he was just trying to get rid of us so he can go back to sleep.
To be fair, the room itself was okay, as expected of a 2* hotel, nothing more and nothing less. But the poor service we received guarantees we will not stay here ever again, and we will definitely hesitate to stay at another Extended Stay America hotel, even if it's just for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I really enjoyed my brief stay at this Hotel due to the friendliness and genuine approachability of the staff. They made my stay very personable, especially Oliver although I feel bad singling anyone out, and I would highly recommend staying here. The room itself was clean and had everything you need whilst the location is ideal to get in and out of the City.
If I'm ever back in the area I'll be sure to stay here and would again like to thank the staff for being so hospitable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 1972UKtraveller
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted.
One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands takes pride in creating a exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please contact me directly at 201-617-1711.