“Second visit with Grandson”
Review of Field Station: Dinosaurs - MOVED

Field Station: Dinosaurs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Field Station: Dinosaurs is a thrilling dinosaur expedition featuring 30 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs (including the ninety foot long Argentinosaurus). Meet a 15-foot T-Rex puppet, enjoy our new 3D movie and see the park come to life with dinosaur wranglers and troubadors at this interactive outdoor adventure in New Jersey's Overpeck Park.
Loch Arbour, New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Second visit with Grandson”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My 6 year old grandson wanted to return for a visit. We went last year as well. He still loved it. The extra $5 for the 3 D movie is worth it.
The only negative was the food. It was really terrible.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank MaryGo3

Alpha, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The dino park was a great time. Price was reasonable and staff was amazing...everyone was friendly and excited about what they do. Its a must to see...im grateful for a wonderful time and my three year old loved it....

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kate S
Plainfield, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“...excellent staff...(#1015051)”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

...Sat July 7th, 2014: I paid for parking and the admission fee's for my grandsons and myself. The day when great. All exhibits, the art shows, the hand & the full scale (human) T-Rex at Field Station, blew our minds. Justin, who is 3 and a half, was ominous at seeing how large the dinosuar were at the time living on earth. When one comes in to Field Station, it startling to see: Well, we had a great day, until, I misplaced my pre-paid ticket for parking. After 10 min. I drove to the exit. I had the receipt and the staff female said, "I found a pre-paid ticket stub" and your the only one asking the question? The female staff person said she found this stub by the admission office. That's why I wrote "Excellent Staff"...

Visited June 2014
2 Thank gasface49
Newton, NJ
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Dinosaurs in New Jersey”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter is a huge fan of dinosaurs. When Field Station Dinosaurs first opened, we were initially excited, but taken back by the $25 admission fee, so we put off going. Recently I received an ad for discounted admission ($14 per person). So, we gave it a try.

When you first enter the park, they give you a trail map and paleontologist's passport which you can have stamped after certain shows or exhibits. At the end of the day, they present you with a super paleontologist sticker. The trail is a dirt path with plenty of shade that takes you around in a huge loop. Many different types of anamitronic dinosaurs can be seen along the way. They do make sounds and some movements. They are good for pictures. Each one has a board with descriptive information. Many different shows are available in various locations. They were pretty interesting and a good learning experience. The staff leading the shows did a good job. They also have a dino dig sand area. Food is available, but we did not try it and brought our own water. The bathrooms are basically trailers, but at least clean. A small gift shop is at the end of the trail. For an extra cost you can see the 3D movie, Dinosaurs Alive 3D in a big tent. A birthday party was in progress, but it did not seem too organized.

The main negative is the cost. There is a $10 environmental parking fee issued by the Town of Secaucus, which isn't really the park's fault. It made no sense. It's easier and cheaper for most people to get there by car anyway. It seemed greedy and hypocritical and only added to the expense of the day. The park admission is also way too high. $25 for adults and $20 for children, plux tax, really? Online tickets are slightly less, but you need to select a specific day. It adds up to a really expensive day for families. I wouldn't have gone if I did not receive the discounted admission and my rating is based on getting in for less.

My daughter really enjoyed her time here which is important. I wouldn't recommend it at the full box office price. However, if your kids are dinosaur fans and you can get a discount, then it's probably worth going.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank NJ-Tennessean
Roselle, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Class Field Trip”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just came back today from Field Station Dinosaurs with my daughter and her entire preschool. First be prepared to walk alot. Everything is spaced out and its a bit of a journey for small kids 4-5 year olds. The display of dinosaurs is nice and there are a lot to see. With that said, its really nothing special. $10 to park if you drive. $25 for adults and $20 for kids. Because everything is outdoors, the toilets are in trailers or porta potties, the 3d movie which is $5 for each person is in a giant tent and definitely not worth the cost. Had I paid we would have been looking at $150 for the day for a family of 4 including food. Don't waste your money, there is nothing at this park worth that much. The dinosaurs are stationary, but make sounds and move their heads and tails. You can get pretty close and take pictures but kids weren't really impressed overall. If you can grab a deal for $10 a ticket or something like that, then I say sure go right ahead. If you take the road behind the dinosaur park there is a park by the water with swings, slides, baseball fields and picnic tables, very nicely laid out.. I traveled 2x this area just for the park. That is the only reason to go near this exhibit.

Visited May 2014