I stayed at this hotel for twelve nights while teaching a course in New York City. This place seemed very difficult to find, even with a very good GPS. We were paying appx. $230 a night for a "standard room." The room was clean and comfortable and the rate did include free parking in their garage. Still, for that rate, I expected much more. The room did not have a microwave or fridge in it, which is standard at a Hilton Garden Inn (which is what this property should be comparable to).The room had a coffee maker, but who really enjoys hotel room coffee? Apparently they are working on such a tight profit margin at these (and much higher) rates, they couldn't even put out a large coffee carafe for their guests at any time of the day. Breakfast was available for purchase at an overpriced bistro, but the tight profit margin kept them from setting out brown-bag to-go breakfasts like one finds at Hampton Inns. The ceiling light in my bathroom started making a very high pitched, very loud sound on my second night there. I reported it to the front desk and they first asked if I wanted another room...they would upgrade me to a suite. "Oops, sorry, no suites are available right now, we'll send the engineer up tomorrow." He arrived, replaced a part in the light and assured me that it would not be making that noise again. The following night it started again and the following day I again reported it to the front desk. There was no offer of an upgrade, but they did move me to the room adjacent to my original one. Adjacent to the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse and a Carraba's and their are other places to eat a short walk away. Overall, the hotel was a decent place to eat, but it was overpriced for the amenities that they provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Secaucus Meadowlands is conveniently located near many popular area destinations, including the MetLife Stadium (formerly Meadowlands Stadium) and the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). As one of the top hotels in Secaucus, NJ, our lobby offers multifunctional common areas, complimentary high-speed Internet and more for guests to easily flow from work to relaxation. Unique among Secaucus hotels, our GoBoard(R) enables guests to stay current with the latest in news, entertainment, weather, and airport conditions. The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) - serves freshly-prepared meals in a café environment where guests can wine and dine with friends, family, or colleagues. Our Meadowlands hotel offers spacious rooms with luxury bedding, large work desks, free Wi-Fi, and well-lit bathroom vanities featuring Paul Mitchell(R) products. From arrival to departure, the hardworking staff at our hotel in Secaucus works to ensure guests enjoy all of the comforts of home and quality of a Marriott hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Secaucus Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Secaucus Meadowlands Hotel Secaucus
- Secaucus Courtyard
- Secaucus Marriott
- Courtyard Secaucus Meadowlands New Jersey