“Need of Renovation”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
“Need of Renovation”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The property offered a lot of what we were looking for, close to Manhattan, available parking, free breakfast and a suite to accommodate five people. What we didn't expect was a dirty room at check-in. When we arrived in our room the bathroom appeared to have not been thoroughly clean--used towel and tissues on the sink, hairdryer on the counter and trash in the trash can. It took 45 minutes, after a couple of calls to the front desk and finally speaking to the housekeeping supervisor, to have the room completely done over. We requested a complete cleaning because the cleanliness of the entire room was in question. After complaining to the manager, he gave us Hilton points but actually the room needs to be renovated. The rug was badly stained, the bathroom mirror frame chipped and the sofa and chair in the living room area need to be replaced. This is not a place I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah D
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As a late arrival guest, I was allocated to a room in the first floor just next to the front desk and in front of the restaurant. It did not bother me at all except for the quite loud music that came from the bar I guess, that hopefully stopped by 10 pm. The room is clean, roomy with nice appliances in the small kitchen, such as microwave and coffee machine. Breakfast met expectations with a few choices of fruits, breads and eggs any-style made at order. Check-out was excellent. I stayed for only two nights and left the hotel by 5:30 am. The final check/invoice was already available in my room at 5 am. Awesome and efficient. Location was outstanding in my case, just a few steps from my office and with Wal-Mart and many fast-food restaurants located in a walking distance with Manhattan only 5 miles distant. Corporate rate was only USD250/night, very good for the region. I will consider this hotel in my next visit to NY/NJ even for leisure.

Room Tip: I would prefer staying in higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent stay in Secaucus. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

St. Petersburg, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Everything was night except the quoted prices, There was a discrepencey in the price that was quoted for our family reunion compared to what I paid. One of the employees made a comment about you are already getting your room at a cheap rate. This comment was so out of line. We paid and spent quite a bit of money as a total family group.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying at our hotel and your feedback. My apologies regarding the comment made to you about your rate. You are a valued guest of our hotel and we hope you will give us another try.

Northern Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as opposed to a hotel in NYC. The location was perfect with am easy bus service into Port Authority. The front desk was very helpful supplying maps and info on transportation . Parking was a breeze. We ate early so avoided long lines. Manager's reception was okay ( veggies, party mix ) I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Chelstin
Thank you for your recent patronage. We are very pleased you enjoyed our hotel and the offerings. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Often stay here for work when visting from the UK. The staff are always pleasant and go out of their way to to help. Jason at the bar is always at hand to help or to fill your glass.
Rooms are comfortable and clean.
Am and will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig I
Thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at this Embassy Suites hotel on an organized school tour with a group of 50 people. Hotel is very typical to most other Embassy Suites so this review will be short and sweet.

We were gone most of the day, from 9am-11pm, so my experience with hotel staff was negligible. Anyone I did encounter seemed friendly and helpful as far as hotel staff was concerned.

Room was a typical embassy suites room, with a King bed in the back bedroom and the ever uncomfortable pull out sofa in the front living room area. I stay in quite a few embassy suites and have yet to find one with an even remotely comfortable pull out sofa bed. I take the back pillows from the couch and angle them under the front of the mattress, which elevates the top of the bed (great for watching TV) and it alleviates SOME of the uncomfortable bar gouging into your back. If you sleep at a slight angle this way, it's bearble. I had my mother in law and daughter in the back bedroom, as I would never ask my 69 year old mother in law to suffer on the pull out sofa. Most times, we never have to use the uncomfortable pull out sofa. Our room was cleaned each day and coffee station replenished as well.

Breakfast was typical Embassy Suites affair, and had several coffee stations situated throughout, which was nice. Only one cook behind the omelet station cooking counter, but she handled the high load quite nicely. At first she did not seem very personable, but as the days wore on I realized she is just focused. She was taking ingredient orders at least 5 people deep, and had no problem memorizing them all. I always thought I'd end up with someone else's omelet order but always magically received the correct one.

Elevators were timely as well. Kids enjoyed the pool area, I didn't head down to the pool this time due to complete exhaustion from supervising a bunch of graduating seniors in NYC.

Overall, it was a good experience and if I didn't stay in the city, would consider this hotel again. Several chain restaurants nearby included Red Lobster, and Buffalo Wild Wings.

I had been told by a New Jersey native that Secaucus, N.J. was, and I quote: "The armpit of America," so my expectations were low. I was pleasantly surprised by this area. Clean, safe and nothing like I expected. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tammy B
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for the candid feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your input and will share your comments with the team. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The room smelled molded and mildew. The pull out sofa bed was very uncomfortable.. The manager Jorge was rude. The manager Wellington is a liar., Hotel really needs renovation.. I give it 2 stars... The maids were really nice.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Raphael W
We appreciate your honest feedback about your recent stay with us. We see that the freshness of the room at our hotel was a problem during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority, and we’ve shared your comments with our team to resolve this situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and we hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area.