“Met our needs”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of a trip to NYC for our daughters graduation gift. Traveling with two 18 year olds the separate rooms were perfect - my husband and I had the bedroom and the girls had the sofa bed - we all had some privacy.

I requested either a corner or city view on a higher floor. We were lucky enough accommodated in all counts at no extra charge.

Breakfast was more than sufficient. The rooms could use some updating but were ok.

We requested extra towels and pillows on arrival and again next morning. Still nothing the second night. We called again explained that we had asked a couple if times and if they could get some to us of would appreciated - they apologized and brought some water and snacks as well.

Overall it was a good stay and the proximity to the NYC bus restaurants were an added plus.

We will definitely look at this location the next time we visit the city.

Stayed: May 2014
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus as a part of your daughter's graduation gift during your visit to NYC. We are very pleased you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to your future return to our hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,468)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

best hotel, they serve delicious brekfast best located to commmute between manhattan hotel. bus 320 starts right in front of hotel and drops youright at manhattan .late night service is also there.
neat and clean envoirment as compare to down town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank josjoshjoshi1962
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus. We are very pleased you enjoyed our hotel and especiallyl our breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Needed a place for one extra night on a recent trip to NYC. Staff was very nice. Checked in at 9:45 PM. Got coupons for sodas at the bar for the kids. Room was roomy and quiet.

Breakfast was typical Embassy Suites with cook to order omelets, oatmeal, fresh fruit, cereal and bagels. Great to have free parking.

Easy access to Manhattan and Hoboken (for Carlo's Bakery-YUM!!).

Room Tip: Ask for the AAA Rate. It was less than the corporate rate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hrs314
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to NYC. We are pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at this Embassy Suites for 1 night on July 4, 2014. Was going to stay for 2, but decided to go home to Va. Issues:
1: carpet, sofa and chair had stains on them.
2. Barhroom sink and tub was clogged, as the water took way to long to go down.
3. Mold around tub and bathroom.
4. Tub tub and shower knob leaked. The piece to switch to shower was broke. I have pics, but no way to post.

I even ran into the manager in the lobby as I was checking out and told him of my dissatisfaction of this hotel. I did receive an email from him, so I hope future guest does not experience this.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Rcgraham68

We are sorry we did not provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My most recent stay here was for four nights. This hotel has always had, and retains, a number of advantages. The mini-fridge and microwave in the rooms are a big plus. As always, my room was solidly comfortable. There was a little street noise at night, even on the 7th floor, but only a little. The variety of foods at breakfast is terrific, but the quality isn't always very good (I wouldn't even know where to find bacon sliced that thinly, although many hotels serve it). With one or two exceptions, if the staff here was any more polite, I would suspect they were from a different planet. I had a minor maintenance issue when I checked in on a Saturday around 4 pm, but Augustine was fixing it within ten minutes of my notifying the front desk. And of course the convenience of the 320 bus just across the street, which runs to NYC so frequently, is a big draw.

On the downside, as others have noted, this hotel is in serious need of a thorough renovation. Much of the furniture is scuffed or chipped, and carpeting in the room is stained in multiple places (or it was in my room, at least). On the two occasions I checked, the food at the "evening reception" consisted of several bowls of tortilla chips or potato chips, some dip, and a large plate of veggies that had definitely seen better days (the carrot sticks looked like they'd been around since the Clinton administration). When in conversation with me a hotel employee criticized another employee (who was not present) for several minutes---highly unprofessional. And the televisions switch on with the volume blaringly loud; if you don't press the volume control switch on the remote exactly the right way, it can take quite a while to lower it to an acceptable level.

All in all, this remains a good base for daytrips to New York City. But I expect to make a similar trip next year at around this time. If there have been no renovations here, it's likely that I'll try a different hotel.

Room Tip: At times, the lobby and breakfast area are noisy. Rooms on higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel when visiting the area. We are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we will take your comments into serious consideration when planning for future upgrades to our hotel. We hope you will give us another try next year.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The property offered a lot of what we were looking for, close to Manhattan, available parking, free breakfast and a suite to accommodate five people. What we didn't expect was a dirty room at check-in. When we arrived in our room the bathroom appeared to have not been thoroughly clean--used towel and tissues on the sink, hairdryer on the counter and trash in the trash can. It took 45 minutes, after a couple of calls to the front desk and finally speaking to the housekeeping supervisor, to have the room completely done over. We requested a complete cleaning because the cleanliness of the entire room was in question. After complaining to the manager, he gave us Hilton points but actually the room needs to be renovated. The rug was badly stained, the bathroom mirror frame chipped and the sofa and chair in the living room area need to be replaced. This is not a place I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah D
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

As a late arrival guest, I was allocated to a room in the first floor just next to the front desk and in front of the restaurant. It did not bother me at all except for the quite loud music that came from the bar I guess, that hopefully stopped by 10 pm. The room is clean, roomy with nice appliances in the small kitchen, such as microwave and coffee machine. Breakfast met expectations with a few choices of fruits, breads and eggs any-style made at order. Check-out was excellent. I stayed for only two nights and left the hotel by 5:30 am. The final check/invoice was already available in my room at 5 am. Awesome and efficient. Location was outstanding in my case, just a few steps from my office and with Wal-Mart and many fast-food restaurants located in a walking distance with Manhattan only 5 miles distant. Corporate rate was only USD250/night, very good for the region. I will consider this hotel in my next visit to NY/NJ even for leisure.

Room Tip: I would prefer staying in higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent stay in Secaucus. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.