Originally booked in for two nights while in the New York area with my father.
- NJ Transit bus (320 Harmon Meadow/Mill Creek) stops right in front of the hotel, with ticket machines where you can purchase a return trip (to and from hotel & Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC) for less than $8.
- Parking is plentiful in hotel(s) parking garage at no cost.
- Lots of restaurants and shopping in the surrounding area (Harmon Meadow & Mill Creek Mall) within walking distance of the hotel.
- We tried three different rooms, and found them all to be unsavory.
The first room had a wet carpet near one of the beds and a terrible smell. It looked like water was leaking (and not just recently) from the bathroom sink area or possibly from pipes running down the (internal) wall structure. The furniture was well past its due date; old tattered and stained. Carpet was old, stained and in desperate need of replacement. The refrigerator was also not working in this room.
The second room also had dirty, old carpeting. Our original room had two double beds, but because they did not have any other available rooms with two beds, we settled for a one king executive suite with a sofa bed. The sofa bed structure in this room was broken, and could not be slept on comfortably. So again, we asked to see another room.
The third room (where we did stay for the night) again had disgusting old and stained carpeting. The furniture was beat up and stained beyond belief, and the bedroom had a strong musty smell that was almost intolerable.
We decided that enough was enough, and checked out the next morning and found more suitable accommodations (Hyatt Place) close by.
My father has travelled for both business and pleasure for over thirty years and has said that he has never seen such a mess offered as viable accommodations. I too have travelled for business and pleasure for close to a decade and have also not seen too many properties such as this. Hilton needs to seriously look at this property and demand that they clean, repair and replace items to upgrade this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands Hotel is located just 4 miles from New York City with easy transportation access outside the hotel. This Secaucs, NJ all-suite hotel is the perfect location for your business or leisure travel. It is centrally located in the Harmon Meadow Plaza in Secaucus, NJ, with easy access to the Meadowlands, the Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ, Teterboro Airport and Newark Airport(EWR.Book your room stay online direct with the hotel and get our best rate guranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Meadowlands
- Embassy Suites Secaucus
- Secaucus Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands New Jersey