We stay in Embassy Suites all the time and this one just didn't measure up to Columbia, SC or Tyson's Corner, VA, and others. We arrived at 1:30, I realize check-in time is at 3:00 but we've never had a problem checking in at almost any hotel an hour and a half early. They said they didn't have any rooms and it would be an hour and a half before they did. I'm thinking that's just a better way to say "CHECK IN TIME IS AT 3:00." We left our bags in the car and jumped on the bus to NYC. The bus was very nice which surprised us but it did take a while with traffic, it beats driving in on a Saturday afternoon! It was $7.90 each round trip tickets. We got back to the hotel around 6:30, our room was ready, we did notice there were 3 housekeeping carts outside rooms so they were still cleaning rooms! The room was your normal Embassy Suite room, nothing special and nothing bad about it. We received a ticket for two complimentary drinks, one each since NJ has a law about having Happy Hours, you get one each. I didn't have a problem with one drink but when we got to the bar there was a limited "list" on the bar from which you could order. The other Embassy Suites do not have this list, not at all! My husband got a draft beer in a very small thin glass and I got a vodka & cranberry juice which was in a tiny little glass loaded with ice. It was about 4 little sips and done! 4 ounce glass filled with ice! I thought when I saw it my drink was going to be too strong and that I would have to go ask for more juice but no that wasn't a problem, not strong at all, could not have been a full shot. If you can only give out one drink, could it be a little bigger please? All the other Embassy Suite hotels pour like crazy, some will give you two at a time because of the lines. There were chips & salsa, that was it!
The breakfast was horrible compared to the other Hilton hotels, again we were given tickets that no one ever asked for. It was soooo limited, there was bread, white or wheat, no bagels, no rolls, just bread. You can see NYC from Secaucus and yet no BAGELS? Really? The fruit consisted of orange melon or green melon. There were made to order omelets which were okay. The home fries were awful and they ran out of croissants, we were done by the time they brought out 4 more halves with about 200 people at breakfast! This hotel was a disappointment after staying at all the other Embassy Suites we expected better. Will look for other options when we go back next month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus - Meadowlands Hotel is located just 4 miles from New York City with easy transportation access outside the hotel. This Secaucs, NJ all-suite hotel is the perfect location for your business or leisure travel. It is centrally located in the Harmon Meadow Plaza in Secaucus, NJ, with easy access to the Meadowlands, the Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ, Teterboro Airport and Newark Airport(EWR.Book your room stay online direct with the hotel and get our best rate guranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Meadowlands
- Embassy Suites Secaucus
- Secaucus Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands New Jersey