This is a really a practical location. I am hesitant to share my review as I am afraid that too many people might find this property and I won’t be able to get a good rate and reservation. But I did promise the Manger a good review.
Some people think Secaucus and the meadowlands and question the safety of the area. These concerns should be more addressed to Bergen and Union. The town of Secaucus is very nice and appears safe at all hours. However this property, while sharing the Secaucus name, is actually in a virtual island called Harmon Meadows. It really is a upscale safe island not connected with any community. It has its own private 24 hour security.
This is a recently updated Holiday inn. The lobby is the modern but also warm. The color scheme is more pleasant than other recently updated Holiday Inns. The rooms are updated but more traditional. Everything is clean and functional. Money was spent in the bath on the vanity and in the room on the large flat screen TV. Beds are high quality as are the linens.
The most remarkable feature is that this property is served by the New Jersey Transit 320 bus line. This bus leave to NYC every 30 minutes from a bus stop just 75 yards (meters) from the hotel.. During off peak this is a 15 minute ride. It costs about $3.20 one way (1/2 price for seniors, children and military). The bus operates from 6:45 am 12:30 am (2430) inbound to the port authority bus terminal (42nd and 8th) and 6:30 am to 1:15 am (0115) outbound back to the hotel. During peak traffic inbound in the morning and outbound in the evening, you might want to take the free hotel shuttle to the Secaucus Junction train station about 15 minutes away. New Jersey transit trains run every 30 minutes for the quick 10 minutes in to Penn Station (34th & 8th) in NYC. The fares are about the same as the bus. The train is not subject to the traffic delays. If you are a night owl, the NJT 190 bus runs all night form port authority to within ½ mile of the hotel. It’s a easy and safe walk at all times form the stop to the hotel. Make sure you walk over the bridge, some people try to cut across highway 3 and that can be very dangerous at anytime.
The property is in the middle of a office entertainment complex. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance across a pedestrian plaza. As is a multiplex movie theater. Several sandwich and sundry shops right next door. There is convenient shopping at a Walmart also just a 5 minute walk. The restaurants are fine, but nothing special, except there are over 15 of them. If you want great food or shopping take the bus to NYC.
The bell, desk, room service and maids are all very friendly. The bar staff is ok, not the warmest people. I stayed three weeks at the property and every time I went to the bar I felt somehow I was less of a customer then an intrusion. Food is acceptable, some of the specials are very good. I would rate it as good as any of the other restaurants in the plaza.
Another feature of this hotel is free parking, yes I said it free parking about 100 yards (meters) away. I spend a lot of time in the area and I can tell you this is very unusual. Also there is laundry machine on the fourth floor. This location is very easy for an extended stay. I think this is known by many since there are a large number of people here on business from overseas.
If you want easy access to the turnpike, NYC and a nice place to stay. This is the best bet in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four miles from Times Square and in the heart of The Plaza at Harmon Meadow, the Holiday Inn(R) Secaucus Meadowlands hotel's staff delivers an unrivaled level of convenience and service. You'll love being within walking distance to the shops and the 28 dining establishments in The Plaza, adjacent to our hotel's location near NYC. The wonders of New York City, Manhattan, Time Square and The Meadowlands Sports Complex are just a short NJ Transit bus ride from the hotel's location. Enjoy PRESS Coffee bar located in the hotel lobby serving all your Starbuck favorites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands Hotel Secaucus
- Secaucus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands New Jersey