“Total value for money!!”

Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Even though you may feel the hotel is in New Jersey, it is located a mere 6km away from Times Square in New York. You have the NJ Transit bus service operating a few minutes away from the hotel, that gets you into midtown Manhattan in New York in thirty minutes! The town of Secaucus is a shopping paradise for bargain shoppers, what with about 100 retail stores, factory warehouses and outlets located here. As the adage goes ‘There is something for everyone.’

Just 4km away from Secaucus, is the Harmon Cove Outlet Centre that offers a wide range of shopping, entertainment and 16 dining facilities. Department stores viz. Kohl’s, Walmart, Sam’s Clubs, Toys R Us and Home Goods are just a few minutes away.

Secaucus is a mecca for foodies...come and sample the wide variety of abounding seafood with the Atlantic Ocean nearby! There are many restaurants and fast food choices located just outside the hotel. There is a Starbucks café located onsite. You can also choose from Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian cuisines as well. Feeling homesick and looking out for ‘ghar ka khaana...Choose from the Mausam Indian Cuisine Bar and Banquet or the Tadka Fine Indian Cuisine Restaurant.

The hotel itself has spacious guest rooms equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and a tea/coffee maker. You can stay connected to the world, courtesy the complimentary free wireless internet access in your room, as well as in the entire hotel. Free shuttle service is provided to wherever you want to get within 6km distance. The breakfast is quite sumptuous, but if you are in a hurry you can grab a pastry and espresso at the coffee bar in the hotel. You have convenience stores located just outside and you can pick up a few things to eat or drink in the comfort of your room. All in all, a hotel that gives you more value for your money!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thegothicgoat
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Thegothicgoat

We have many eateries close to our facility that give our guest many choices. Our guest rooms are generous in size and have amenities that are convenient for all our guests; thank you for noticing our accommodations and location. We appreciate the positive feedback and thank you for your business

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, as my company has an office in the same complex. It's basically what I want for a business trip: convenient location, clean rooms, friendly service, and a reasonable price. Several restaurants in the same complex, so plenty of options to eat without having to get a car. If you do want to go into Manhattan, a bus comes through the complex several times an hour and drops you at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in about 20 minutes. Tickets under $5, if I remember correctly.

Given the huge differential price between Secaucus and mid-town Manhattan hotels, if I were vacationing in NY I would strongly consider staying here and t aking the bus across the river.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Awalsh58

We appreciate your feedback as well as your ongoing loyalty to our property. We have many corporate guests like you that enjoy our hotel and the friendliness of our team. Thank you for your business

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stay at this hotel when I come to the USA to work ( walking distance ). There are many other hotels to choose from also in walking distance including what some believe are more "upscale names" like Marriott, embassy suites. Hyatt. Cannot go wrong at the holiday inn. The breakfast is good. The staff wonderful. Rooms very clean, big and comfortable and it's a good price. The transport into NYC if you need right at doorstep right to port authority. A great option if you want to visit NYC but bit stay in NYC.

Room Tip: There are no views to speak of. That is not why you choose this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mjcinuk

It’s really a compliment that we are your property of choice in the area among all our other competitors. The team really appreciates the positive feedback and understands the importance of making our guests feel welcomed. Thank you for your loyalty as well as your business.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

For a conference, the organizers booked us at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands: 26th July 3.00 PM to 28th July 12.00 PM. The hotel was located at the hub of the business center secluded from local residences giving it a resort feel. The reception area has some air of luxury in its neat and modern layout and in its architectural and decorative accents. The guest room was spacious (more of this later!) and tidy. It provides the amenities described in their internet folio. Overall, I'm pleased. But here are my pet peeves.
1. Although their folio claims "Parking", it wasn't specific as to mean Valet parking at 15 bucks a pop or a four-block walk to a free garage shared with another establishment.
2. Upon checking in we found our room not ready. We have to drag our luggages back down to front desk to get new room assignment.
3. Our electronic room key was deactivated at no fault of our own. We have to take a trip back to front desk meanwhile holding our bladders.
4. The countertop nesting the bathroom sink is too wide for my comfort. One can't lean forward over the sink and keep his shirt from touching the wet counter. When completely dressed up and suddenly I remember to brush my teeth but forget about this dilemma, my neat shirt would end up losing its tip-top condition. Taller and leaner people may not find this a problem.
5. When I called for wake-up service on Friday night, the clerk was more dismissive than welcoming.
My rating for this hotel will rise once these inconveniences are taken cared of. I would like to credit the manager for accomodating my roommate's request for shuttle service early Saturday morning. He allowed the bus to leave earlier than expected so my roommate could arrive in time for conference duties.
Also, our free continental breakfast was quite sumptious with quite a range of buffet choices. The waiter service was excellent.
Let me add something more about the room. Other delegates were booked at the Sheraton Meadowlands, which is the actual venue of the conference. I checked out one guest room there. Ours at Holiday Inn had much more breathing room.
Recommend this hotel? Yes, I will.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Atoybcl

Thank you for taking the time and giving us such detailed feedback. We provide valet parking as an option, we do share a parking lot with the rest of the surroundings properties that is free of charge.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the room not being ready, it’s not common practice for us not be prepared for a guest arrival, I also would like to apologize for the staff member that you felt was dismissive.

I appreciate the comments about the quality of food and service in the restaurant, as well as the size of our rooms. Thank you for your business

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Where to start? We could not have picked a better hotel! It exceeded all of our expectations. Probably the best hotel we've ever stayed at - period and we are platinum members of the Priority program, so we had stayed at more than a few . The staff were amazing and treated us like family. A special call out to Lou Ficcaro, Natanyi Cabrea, Holly, Miss Nicole at the breakfast bar in the morning and Nelds. What warm, welcoming and absolutely phenominal staff members. They knew us by name & did everything to ensure our family had an amazing trip. Excellent cleaning staff. And the price is totally reasonable.The restaurant was 1st class. All up this hotel is where you need to stay while in the NJ or the New York area. They completely assited us daily on where to go, what to do and how to get there. Public transport (bus) is available at the front door staright into Times Square. It does not get better than that. We will definetly be back because of this facility and this staff. Thank you Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic. There isn't a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Thepupis04

It is great to know that our team can provide such positive experience for one of our guests; your comments will be posted on our Trip advisor board in our Heart of the house for everyone to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to name our team members and for your business. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Secaucus and the staff went beyond expectations. Lou was a gem. The urban plum,bar/restaurant dinner was great. The breakfast buffet was ok.
I requested a quiet room and had a corner room with a gorgeous view of the city.
Even with all the events occurring over the weekend the staff made the stay awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Delancy 115

We really appreciate the response and the acknowledgment of our associates, I will be sure to thank Lou personally. I am glad you were able to stay with us and that you were able to enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

From the minute I arrived I was treated like a V.I.P. From the sales & marketing staff (I had a small group traveling to see Broadway plays, tour Manhattan including Harlem and shop at New Jersey outlets), the front desk staff - actually every hotel employee went out of their way to make sure we had a fantastic hotel stay. The location is ideal for anyone visiting the area, because of the excellent transit system (bus & subway) you can take a bus a few steps away from the hotel front door and be in Manhattan in 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the time of day). The hotel rooms are clean and well maintained. The hotel has an excellent restaurant including a Starbucks. All 34 of the people with my group called my after our trip to complement me on my decision to stay at The Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands. Reserve your room now - you won't be disappointed.
Jan Frazier

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Jan F

The comments you have posted are very kind, we work very hard to give every guest a warm welcome and to provide friendly courteous service that makes people want to come back and visit us again. I am glad you had such a great time with your group in NYC. Thank you for your business