“Good Hotel Horrible Mattreses” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands

Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Sachse, Texas
“Good Hotel Horrible Mattreses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This place is a nice and recently remodeled Hotel, the Staff, The Management and the Housekeeping teams are great and very professional. The rooms are adequately sized each with a refrigerator and microwave which is great. The bad and biggest deterrent for this Hotel is the number one reason we stay at Hotels and that is to get a great nights rest while away from home. The Mattresses in this Hotel are HORRIBLE. they are air filled mattresses that has a knob on the side of the bed where you can supposedly adjust the firmness, NOT this is just there for looks I have stayed here many times and never found one that did anything, i have seen maintenance remove the air filled bags that are attached to no motor or apparatus that will inflate or deflate the bags at any given point. You lay in these Mattresses and there is a huge indentation that forms, in the middle of the night this indentation wakes you when you turn in bed and you realize you have to climb the indentation your body made while sleeping. If this Hotel changes its mattresses it would be the best one in the area simply because of the staff, otherwise don’t expect a good night’s rest with these HORRIBLE Mattresses. I hope they do change them as I would love to return as a consistent guest.

Room Tip: Stay away from any room with these air filled Mattresses
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PlatinumMember174
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear PlatinumMember:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I hope you will accept my apologies for any issues that you have encountered with the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System beds. The adjustment knobs adjust over a period of a few minutes with no one on the bed while it does so. The next time you visit us please let me know and we will do our best to make sure the mattress work properly and is comfortable for you.

On behalf of every one here in Secaucus I would like to thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Johnson City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister, a friend and I stayed over the first weekend in November and were amazed with our stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from check in to check out. Dorothea was at the desk each night and took an interest in our stay. In the morning we were given directions for a bus into New York and, though none of us had navigated a bus system before, we got through without any snags. The room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant in front of the hotel was convenient and the food was great. Overall a wonderful stay and we will definitely consider staying again should we find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Caitlin E:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn here in Secaucus. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

I hope we will get to see you again the next time you travel to the New York City area. Thank you for staying with us.
Liverpool, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love staying at this hotel when I visit NYC. There is a NJ Transit bus stop right near it which goes to and from Port Authority so there's no need for a car. It's close to the city yet cheaper than staying in the city. Only a 20 minute ride to Port Authority. Also a beautiful, clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Noora C
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Noora C:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get to see you again the next time you come to the New York City area.
West Palm Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is located right under the tunnel from NYC. It is a short bus trip into the city. The hotel is clean, quiet, and much less expensive than staying in the city. I stayed for 4 days. The lobby is clean, there is fresh water available, and free coffee in the morning. The beds were comfortable and the room cleaned daily.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Karen M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share you comments with our team so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again the next time you are in our area.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Room was nice and big, very clean.

Location was good if you are driving, near to Newark airport and the Lincoln tunnel for access to NYC.

I would not recommend this hotel if you are not driving, as public transport is non existant and its location on a busy freeway makes walking to nearby Secaucus impossible.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fewborg
Dear fewborg:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay wtih us. I hope you will accept my apologies if our staff did not direct you to the New Jersey Transit Bus System. They have a bus stop that is located two buildings away next to Home Depot and those buses will take riders direct to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City.

Scott, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel and staff are excellent, they also were able to give great directions to the business that I needed to go to. Gave me maps and wrote out directions for me. Also I got excellent recommendations to restaurants that were close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Diane H:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. I am glad that our staff was able to help you have an enjoyable stay and I will share your comments with everyone.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will get to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Excellent hotel for value, location, service. Have free parking. Room has microwave and fridge. Window can be opened a little for fresh air. The new Keurig coffee maker seem to have trouble recognizing cup placement. I ended up using the glass cup and moved it around a bit in the base to find the spot to be recognized by the device. We had an excellent stay overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Zhaoyi M
Dear Zhaoyi M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we will see you again the next time you travel to our area.