Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Motel(Secaucus)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshome depotthe buslincoln tunnelnew yorkservice roadnice hotelpool and hot tubinto nycport authoritynj turnpikefree parkingrush hourwould definitely stay here againtimes squareclean roomseasy accesspublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you check in this hotel double check immediately your credit card. At front desk they swiped mu credit card twice, charged me twice. Told the front desk clerk to don't swipe it twice she answered don't worry and here I am fighting. I dispute the charge with my credit card hotel had the guts to dispute back my dispute providing the credit card company a receive with a signature that is not mine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank maurizi01957
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Travelled one night this past Monday.

Pros
-Location to NYC is great. Took about 20-30 minutes to get to the city via local transit, which is right across the street. Return trip, was first stop off of local transit (5-10 minutes).
-Property was clean, quiet and well maintained.

Cons
-Don't ask the front desk for bus schedule/information. They gave me a paper from behind their desk that stated which buses to take to get to the city and to get back from the city. Well, I got there fine, but they had the wrong bus for the return trip. I waited in the line for the bus that they told me to take for 40 minutes. Once I got to the front, I showed the person working the document and said..."this is correct, right"? Thank goodness I asked, because he said "no...it's that other bus". Regardless, I had to wait in a different line to get on a different bus (which took an additional hour). This entire process really could have been avoided and resulted in 2 hours of my time being wasted.

Due to the travel issues, I would recommend the Residence Inn Meadowlands nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Joshua M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. In reference to the New Jersey Transit bus system, I did check the information we hand out and it is correct. I have checked with New Jersey Transit and that is the most current information so they are attempting to find out who gave you incorrect information at the bus terminal. It is important to follow the sheets we hand out and use the 190 Local bus to return as the 190 Express bus will not stop near our hotel.

All of us do appreciate you staying with us and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Only problem with walking to transportation (small kids or Older people can be problematic), but the buses going to NY are often(if there is no traffic around 15 min) , another problem is there is no food around that you can reach by walking so you need to be prepared, or just bring with you, all the rest are nice and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Daniel G:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in a guest survey after your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind scores. In reference to the bus stop, to our knowledge since we have opened, there has not been any issues with our guests or employees that go back and forth to the bus stop on a daily basis. We are working with NJDOT to see if a closer location can be approved by them.

All of us do appreciate you and your family staying with us for this trip and hope to see you again the next time you travel to our area.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night as it was the most affordable hotel option I could find (and I wanted to stay at a Hilton property). UberX service was $100+ from LGA... So take that times 2 and it might have justified the cost of a more expensive hotel option in Manhattan.

Beautiful lobby (very modern) and great service. However, I found the hotel difficult to get to (the access road is tricky) for both of the Uber drivers I used. And, be prepared for traffic noise consistently (and through the night).

I did have dinner at the hotel restaurant (chicken fettucini Alfredo). The chicken was good, but it almost seemed like they forgot the Alfredo sauce... Not sure if they left off the sauce because I didn't want mushrooms?

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Amjar1:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. I hope you will accept our apologies for the issue you described with dinner however, our menu does not have a pasta dish with Alfredo sauce on it. Perhaps it was the Grilled Chicken Fettuccine in a creamy white wine sauce?

All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus appreciate you staying with us and will look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

All staff we encountered was excellent - helpful. Room was very nice and clean. Every part of the hotel we were in was clean and well kept. Would definately stay here again. Will also make Hilton Garden Inn at the top of our list for hotels when we travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear 464jacquelined:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel after your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to share these comments with our staff so they can see how their efforts help our guests have a comfortable stay.

All of us do appreciate you staying with us for this trip away from home and hope we will see you again the next time you visit our area.