“Alright for a short stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I got a great price on a suite at this hotel on Priceline and I mainly chose it for the proximity to NYC since that was where we were spending the majority of our time. The best thing about the hotel is that the bus picks up right in front on a regular schedule and it is fairly inexpensive to get in and out of the city by way of the Port Authority. When we arrived here I noticed that while the lobby has an appearance of being kind of classy it is kind of grimy when you start to look closely. I am not really that picky but I would say that on the whole that was my feeling throughout the stay. Our room was on the 6th floor facing the highway but the noise was not too bad. We could see the Empire State Building out our window which my children liked. The room was the same as the lobby - looked ok at first but then looked fairly below average upon closer inspection. The desk chair and couch had stains on them, the bathroom shower did not drain well so you were standing in a couple of inches of water by the time you were done. The beds seemed clean enough and we were very tired at the end of each day so we slept well. The breakfast was OK. One of the days we stayed everything was well stocked but the 2nd day we had to wait for plates, forks, restocking of food, etc. and there didn't seem to be anyone in the dining room to help. One other thing - one of the main reason I picked this hotel over others is because it has a pool. We went down to use it and it was not clean. Weird looking bubbles floating on the surface, my son saw a hairball near the steps, and it was very cold. My son actually did jump in for a minute but my two daughters would not and that was all we did at the pool - it was disappointing. The front desk attendant was helpful when we checked in and employees we ran into seemed nice enough. There is free parking and internet which were nice. There is also a Wal-Mart down the street and a couple of restaurants nearby which would have been good if we were staying local instead of going into the city. Outside of the office park area where this hotel is located it is pretty depressing looking - swamp land, trash on the street, etc. but the actual area where this hotel is is nicer. We went to the Statue of Liberty from the NJ side and this hotel was convenient for that. I don't think I'd stay here again - I'd probably look for another hotel in the area that is a little more updated. All in all, I got pretty much what I paid for. I was just expecting it to be a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Even if you are on the highway side of the hotel it is pretty quiet.
1  Thank dco12
Becci H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I appreciate the time you took for the survey. I do hope you had an enjoyable time with us.
I apologize for the temp. of the pool water, we are working on making sure it stays at a comfortable temp all the time.
Please consider us when you are back in the area visiting. We would love to show you a great stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

First of all, I was traveling with 10 kids. Once arriving at the hotel, I was shocked on just how nice the hotel was. I haven't stayed at an La Quinta Inn in years. Everything was just great - from the room to the pool and the breakfast. If I were to visit New York again, I will be staying here!

Room Tip: Suites are very large.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Becci H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad you had a wonderful time. Please remember us when you are back in the area looking for a hotel.
We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Laquinta
Check-in ~ I stayed here with a group, so all check-ins were done prior to my arrival, I didn't deal with the front desk for the check in process.
Rooms~ I received a suite, when you first walked in, there was a large sitting area with couch, chair and desk, this room was very tastefully decorated and allowed you to keep your sleeping quarters separate from work area, also a nice place to relax from a long day.
Down a short hallway you passed a kitchenette area, there was a coffee pot, and microwave and I believe a small fridge. I didn't use any except coffee pot, so I can't say for 100% about the fridge. After the kitchenette was the bathroom, bright lights in bathroom are a bonus!! Nice thick towels! Had very good water pressure and always had good hot water! Blow dryer in bathroom too.
Bed and sleeping area, king size bed, very comfortable, ample supply of pillows and they were all very comfortable. I wish hotels would have a small card in their rooms saying if you like the pillows, mattress or towels..this is the brand and style we use in your rooms. Sometimes you find them so comfortable you wish you could buy the same kind. I say that because the mattress and pillows were super comfortable.
Dining~ our group had a meal for our arrival evening. I was very impressed with the choices and the taste. The dessert table, had many choices as well. Staff was super good at service, only thing I might recommend is not coming around to the tables as much when people are finishing. I was still eating and was asked by three different servers if they could take my plate, felt a little rushed, but they were always pleasant when I told them I was still eating.
Our group also ate breakfast in the dining area. Many choices were available, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, breads,cereals and rolls. Perfect way to start the day!
There is a pool and workout area, both were used by our group and they all agreed were nice to have.
I had a problem in my room, the dead bolt was not working and I did notify front desk staff to see if they could please fix it, upon my return to my room that evening, dead bolt was fixed. I was very pleased with their quick action to the problem.

Night manager was extremely nice and as I would come in he always welcomed me with a warm genuine smile. He was friendly and he is a nice addition to your staff.
I wish I would have got names for several of the staff to give kudos to them , and I apologize for not doing so. Hotel was very well run!

My one recommendation would be that there is a night time housekeeper working, she is from the Dominican Republic, very friendly and cheerful person, but she spoke no English, very difficult to speak to her , and that was a bit frustrating. She seemed like a hard worker, but with no ability to speak to people, she was unable to do the best job possible, because she couldn't understand us. With that said, my recommendation would be to have the hotel require her to take some English classes or offer her some type of incentive pay if she enrolls in a English class.

There were many student groups here, but they were all really respectful groups and the noise was not loud at all.
I would stay here again, hotel coupled with good staff and good rooms make this hotel a great place to stay.
The location is also very good, a short drive through the tunnel and you are in the heart of NYC!

Thanks for reading this far! That about completes my review, I end all of my reviews with saying the following: Please do NOT hesitate to email me with any further questions. I look at the glass half full not half empty, I will be honest with you but you have to remember what I might think is the best, you might not think the same. Tell me what your expectations are and I will tell you if I 'think'' it will be a good match.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Becci H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We are glad you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the city and all it had to offer. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had to move hotels and ended up at La Quinta. I had an incorrect idea of La Quinta in my head. It was a lovely hotel, great large room and everyone was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great and lots of seating. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are glad you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you to this area. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in making your next reservation for you.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've had an amazing time in NYC! I stayed at La Quinta Secaucus for 3 nights (thru hotwire) they gave us a nice room with a view of Manhattan skyline! The room is so clean and smells good. Breakfast is awesome too! They usually serve scrambled egg, sausage, and bacon and you can make your own waffles, too! NJ transit (320) bus picks you up & drops you off in front of the hotel and goes straight to Port Authority near Times Square. It's so convenient! All of the staff are really nice! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank AngelicaTherese

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. We are glad you had a good stay and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We took our daughter here for 4 days of her spring break week (VA). Actually bumped into another parent we know and her daughter from our home city, who stayed here as well.

The staff was great (everyone) from the front desk, cleaning services, and, even the bartender.

The hotel is not small at all compared to others and maybe that's because it's on the older side and didn't try jamming everything in such a small space.

The hotel is near everything from nice restaurants (bonefish, bwws, hibachi, etc.) to the usual shopping stores (kohls, Sam's, Walmart, etc.)and even a big movie theater.

The bus leaves for nyc directly across the street and this hotel has the first stop (early call on seats). I'll say we stopped maybe 4 more times before hitting the Lincoln tunnel for the last stop at Port transit. The stops along the route are around the hotel strip so you'll get to see the embassy suites, Hyatt and courtyard just in case you wanted to stay there in the future.

Hope I helped!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Des H

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We really appreciate it. We hope you will choose us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Except a very poor breakfast (for this price, I would expect better), this hotel is friendly, clean and well located as a bus goes directly from hotel to New York city in around 20-30min for $7.90 round trip! I stayed once with my family, great room for 5. I now use that hotel for professional use (quick stop after plane travel) and like the ability to go to NY for half a day without the trouble of driving there - bus ride is much easier.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Becci H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We are glad you had a good stay and we look forward to your next visit with us in the near future. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance