“Great Price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is being remodeled but worth the price for the area and location to the transit. The rooms will be run down and could use some extra cleaning but that was overlooked because of the savings compared to other hotels in the area. Free parking and no pet fees also was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Debra S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Laralulu,
Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about our property. I also can't wait for our upcoming renovation and updating our property. I hope you will visit the area again and choose the La Quinta as your home away from home.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands

Reviewed 5 June 2014

we recently stayed at la quinta inns and suites in secaucus new jersey. our experience was first class. the staff including reception, bar and housekeeping were friendly helpful and efficient. the shuttle bus provided by hotel was a very welcome extra and made our stay even more enjoyable. the breakfast provided each morning was of the highest quality and here again the staff made sure we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. overall our experience was great and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone visiting manhattan

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Becci H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so much for the great comments about your stay. We truly hope every guest leaves feeling as you do. We will continue to keep the property and service at an excellent standard and hope you will have opportunity to visit us again on your travels to the US.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Calm and quiet place to stay. Rooms are clean and confortable. Friendly Staff. Walmart just a couple minutes from the front door. A lot of parking spaces. Very Good breakfast. Computer and a printer for the guest at the Lounge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to review the LaQuinta with your recent stay. Our goal is to have every guest leave with the great experience you enjoyed while you were here. Safe travels in 2014 and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel and again it did not disappoint (other than the noisy guests in the hallway at 3 in the morning). The rooms are very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, and breakfast was yummy with lots to choose from. This hotel is a very good deal! Yes, the hotel could use some updates, but then most hotels do. And for $145 a night for a 2-room suite, I am not going to complain! If this hotel was in Manhattan, the cost would be at least double.

Once again we took the bus into NYC every morning. The bus picks you up right across the street, and it is about a 20-minute ride.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I would definitely return for a third visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Becci H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for taking time to review the LaQuinta Inn & Suites. We're looking forward this year to doing the updates you mentioned. If you have any suggestions for our renovations please let me know. We look forward to having you return to Secaucus and visit us again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good location, big and comfortable apartment, clean hotel. Bus stop very close to the hotel and trip to NYC takes 20-25 min (8 Av/ 42 Str).
If you plan shopping be careful with hotel shuttle. There us a problem with late pick up/ return way.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Kasiaguti,
Thank you for taking time to review the LaQuinta Inn & suites. I'm happy your stay was "mostly" uneventful. We have started a new procedure recently to correct the problem of delayed pickup times with our hotel shuttle service. If you are back in Secaucus I hope you will return to the LaQuinta and have a pleasant stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Made a reservation for a quadruple occupancy room. Were put in a room with a queen sized bed and pullout (single) couch. Couch was like a field of coil springs not worth much more than a seating option. Sheets on bed were dirty and we're not changed throughout our stay despite requesting them changed. Never enough bathroom linens for all four of us (for two at most).

First night and next morning, 7th floor reeked of marijuana; wanted to bring it up to staff supervisor, never anyone on hand to file complaints.

Breakfast mediocre at best, breakfast area not very clean.

Only one elevator working all of our stay. Hotel not necessarily dated, but in need of a thorough scrub down.

Luckily, very close to NJT bus stop to get into Manhattan.

Despite proximity to city transit; would not recommend this hotel to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014
Becci H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I am sorry for the inconviences you had while staying here. The elevator has been fixed and we are addressing the smoking in the rooms other than the 2nd Floor.
I do hope you will stay with us again to see the changes that we are making to improve the hotel.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked my room through hotwire and feel like a second class citizen. Upon arriving to La Quinta I was told my room was booked as a double(hotwire didn't give option for king bed). I booked this room for my boyfriend and I so I asked if we could have a king bed and was told no because of how the room was booked. I came up to the room to find not even 2 queen beds but 2 full size beds. I went back downstairs and asked if I could just pay more money or something to get a room with a larger bed. The answer was still no because I booked the room through hotwire and it was already paid! I just offered to give you more $$$$$$...this makes no sense at all and is crappy hospitality. I frequently book rooms in Secaucus and will never book this hotel again. In addition, traffic outside is loud...can't wait to see how I sleep tonight.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank alison f

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I do apologize for the issues that you had while staying here. I have spoken with the FD and explained to them that we are able to upgrade or change rooms if they are available. I do hope you will stay with us again so we can show you a great stay with us.