La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
US$189
Courtyard
US$199
US$140
Candlewood Suites Secaucus(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$156
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$110
Red Roof
US$212
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$158
Priceline
US$158
GardenInn.com
1,131 results
All reviewsacross the streetport authoritythe busnew yorkfree parkingfirst stopsitting roomfree breakfastpull out couchlarge bathroomtimes squareking suiteyogurtindoor poolinto nycminute rideeasy access to nyc
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked as a last minute deal on a travel site. Paid $80 for the room, so my expectations were very low. The room was fine, nothing special but seemed clean. I peeked in at the pool and I would absolutely not ever go in there. It was small with the murkiest water I've ever seen and a nasty ring around the top tiles. This wasn't a problem for me since I had no plans to swim anyway, just being nosy. The free breakfast had a lot of food, I only tried the waffles but there were plenty of eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, etc. The area was walking distance to a bunch of chain restaurants (Buffalo Wild Wings, Bonefish Grill, etc.) and stores (TJ Max, Babies R Us, a beer/liquor store). Overall the experience was fine. Quiet, decently clean hotel with a real breakfast... just avoid that pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Debra S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Taylor H,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable. We have had the pool circulation problem corrected and will it will much more presentable for any future visits.

Safe Travels in 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Highly recommended!!! Excellent service. The staff were friendly and courteous! Great amenities especially the indoor pool. Our king size bed with a pull out couch were clean and spacious. Modern furnitures with 2 flat screen TV's, microwave and a fridge. Washroom and the shower were great. Plenty of choices for breakfast including fruits. Walking distance to the shopping area and restaurants. You can easily hop on the transit bus in front of LA Quinta to NYC. Comfortable bus ride was only $19 for 2 adults and 1 kid roundtrip and it took between 30-40 mins max. depending on the traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you so much for the great review on Trip Advisor. We do feel like we are a great location for travelers to NYC and can save them lots of money from the NYC hotel rates. And to have someone else "the bus" drive you there is really a plus. We hope you will be back to the area again and choose the LaQuinta as your home away from home.

Safe travels in 2014

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 July 2014

There are a number of chains in this location, stay somewhere else. Hotel overall was very dirty and worn down. The service overall was very poor. When requests for towels go unanswered for 1.5 hours and the FD clerk hangs the phone up on the third call, you know service is not a priority. If a hotel posts complimentary breakfast service through 10 am, it should not pull at 945 am. Bring you own cleaning materials, the rooms are filthy and worn down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennie J

Dear Jennie J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are under a new ownership and will be renovating the hotel beginning this fall. I will share your exzperience with our staff as this is not how we like our guest to feel after they stay. If you will be back to the area please watch our web site for updates after the renovation is completed. I assure you your experience is not common. If you would like to share specifics on staff or issues while you were here please contact me at the property. 201-863-8700

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the 2nd year we stayed here while on a bus trip to NYC. We arrived Friday night and left on Sunday AM. During that time, we had "water issues." I got up to shower Sat. AM and had no cold water...it was "Hot, Very Hot and Scalding". I called the front desk and a man came up to attempt to fix it, but could not and we were told that the maintenance person would be here in an hour. Since that would make us late for the bus into NYC, it was not acceptable. The front desk brought us a key to use another room...not used by the guests. We were told here were no other rooms available. So, it was down three flights for my husband and I to shower and then return to our room!!

The next day, the temp was OK, but we had almost NO water pressure in the sink...it just trickled in. No one came to fix that until we were leaving for the City again! Apparently, a pressure gauge was locked onto the pipes (or something) that prevented the flow of water.

So, two nights with water problems, interruptions in our morning, etc. We were NOT pleased! I heard from at least two other guests in our group that their rooms were not clean and they had to be moved!

I am hoping that our bus trip next year will NOT include this hotel.

I did not rank it POOR as these may be isolated incidents as other guests were fine. But this would not be my choice to stay again.

Also, the "included" breakfast was minimal and was the same both mornings. Very little variety. That was also a downgrade from last year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear NorthernNYTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I have just been with the property for over a month and the new ownership is in the planning of a complete renovation of all rooms and public areas. We have also begun training for more attention to detail in our housekeeping areas. If you are coming back to the NYC area please watch our web site for news of our renovation project and you will see a new product on your return.