“Great value for the money”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Chicago, Ilinois
“Great value for the money”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I am 53 and my girlfriend is 63 we went with 2 teenagers and got a suite. The location is by far excellent. Safe, outlet shopping and the best part is walk literally across the street and catch a bus to 42nd st in Manhattan. What could be better? The girls checked out the pool which they really enjoyed. There was plenty of room in the suite, bed very comfortable a nice size refrigerator as well. Buffet breakfast that was way above our expectations. Fresh cut up fruit, melon, apples, bananas, belgian waffles, juices, eggs, hash brown, french toast, pancakes, bagels, pastries, toast and cereal. I think this is a great place for price, location, cleanliness and safety. I will definitely stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I read some of the reviews before I stayed here and I personally could not find one complaint I seen on here valid. I take three vacations a year with my family so I know how to shop hotels to get the best deal and this was a good deal no GREAT DEAL for the area. The hotel is about a 15min drive/bus ride from NY proper which is great and the rooms are all suites that are clean and comfortable. The full breakfast adds to the deal because that alone saved me with 3 kids about $30 a day. The decor was very nice more than what I expected...with the marble lobby and the pool area was stocked with towels, and free parking! that happens almost no where in NY or NJ. So if your thinking about staying no worries its a great deal. Also to sweeten the pot I got my stay for $79 a night you can too by searching for online coupons......well good luck and safe travels!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Barrington, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed for my sons graduation at the Izod Center and it was very close to the Medowlands complex and chain dining options. The room had drop ceilings and was generally tired looking, but the air conditioning unit was so loud that we had to turn up the volumn on the TV. The bathroom had black mold around the tub and the sink area was dusty with a few stray hairs. Breakfast was the same old tired eggs and sausage in chaffing dishes, but you could make your own waffles. AT $179 a night it was over priced. Wish we chose another hotel close by as it felt like a motel stay along a highway.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We took the red eye with our young child and didn't get much sleep. When we arrived at 6am in the morning, the hotel was great by getting us into our room for a nap at no extra charge. The hotel staff was very helpful and answered all our questions including The bus into the city which picks you up right across the street and drops you off in the heart of Manhatten. Very easy commute to and from the city, and very safe.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LoveNYC97
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2010

During the awful March 2010 storm that ripped down trees and power lines all over Bergen County, we lost power for over 48 hours and were desperate to find a pet friendly hotel where we could stay warm and comfortable with our two small dogs. A quick internet search at www.dogfriendly.com led us to La Quinta at Secaucus and I'm writing here because our experience went way beyond our expectations.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet, considering there were many dogs even in my hallway. The rooms are spacious and clean. Did I mention free wifi?? I don't remember the last time we received free wifi at any hotel, even if we were paying twice, triple or more the price we paid for our standard King room.

Considering the straits we were in, we were prepared with very low expectations (e.g. working electricity, heat and water) but we received much more than we expected. I already mentioned the free wifi, but more perks included: free parking, NO PET FEE (other pet friendly hotels were charging $75 or $100 fees), free hot breakfast with a surprisingly large selection including eggs, sausages, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. What else? There's a gym and pool which I didn't check out. There were two tvs in our room (one in the sitting area and one in the sleeping area), the bed and sheets actually seemed reasonably new and smelled fresh. And the service was efficient and friendly! Our housekeeping went out of her way to clean our room while I was out with the dogs so I wouldn't be inconvenienced. Another employee walked me to the elevator and rode up to my floor with me when he noticed that my hands were full with the dogs' leashes and coffee. Finally, reception only charged us HALF PRICE for the second night (at her own volition!) when we ended up checking out at 8pm because our power had returned at home. I have NEVER had a hotel refund me money for something they didn't absolutely have to and let me tell you, it was an enlightening experience.

I have never stayed at a La Quinta Inn and this one was a truly refreshing experience because we felt we received so much value for the money we paid. We never usually travel with our dogs but I am definitely keeping this hotel in mind for the next time we need a pet friendly option.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel conveniently offers a free shuttle van to and from train station/airport. The rooms are suites. Ours had two rooms; one with a couch, like a mini living room, and the other was a bedroom with double beds. For the most part it was clean (a little dusty in the bathroom), but thebath room was definitely out-dated and the soap they offered seamed cheaper than most hotels. The service was excellent. We went to eat in the new restaurant downstairs, and there wasn't much of a selection on the menu for kids, so the waitress went in the back to talk to the chef, and told us that he was willing to make chicken tenders for my picky 11 year-old son. I was very impressed! The hostess was very sweet too. I loved the huge windows in the room with even a view of the Empire State Building in the distance! We enjoyed the pool very much. Great value. Just the bathroom and parts of the room could use some updating ( the microwave was missing the glass plate and had food stuck to the inside). Loved the space! Wonderful free continental breakfast and the check-in/out staff was very helpful. Beautifully decorated restaurant with fireplace, great trendy/cozy ambience. The rest of the hotel was beautiful and elegant.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Hilton, NY
Reviewed 25 December 2009

So convenient by transit to NYC! Bus stops across the street (there's a shelter), takes you to Port Authority at 42nd Street in NY. On the return, you're dropped right at the door; a big plus in snowy, blustery December. Very comfortable and roomy rooms, friendly staff, good free breakfast, and free parking! All that we needed for 2 nights to visit magical NYC at Christmastime! We surely stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple