“Great value for visit to NYC !”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Niagara Falls, NY
“Great value for visit to NYC !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is very easy to map out if you plan on visiting NYC. Never took public transportation from there, but quite easy from hotel into NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel. About 10 minute drive. Good clean hotel with nice staff. Right next to Rt 3 which takes you to directly into NYC via the tunnel. Usually decent prices with a small plaza across the street offering some fast food and a couple of more expensive restaurants. Typical Red Roof actually. Clean, no frills but safe and comfortable. Same road hotel is located on takes you to a large outlet mall close by and other restaurants, shopping, etc. Only thing you have to do is pay to park in NYC which is a pain, but if you plan say 12 hours there, which is about my limit, you can get a good 1/2 day rate at a parking garage...maybe $15-$20, which is a good price and worth staying in NJ to save money for. Remember the toll at the tunnel. Hotel has a small area in back on the Hackensack River which is kind of cool and you can see Met Life Stadium there, which would also be a good hotel if you care to see the Giants/Jets play, or a performance at some of the large venues close by.

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty good there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
NFnative, Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. We are happy that you found us to be a great value when visiting New York City. We work hard to provide a clean and safe atmosphere for our guests, so I will certainly share your comments with my staff. It's great to hear you enjoyed the view of the Hackensack River and MetLife Stadium. Next time you travel to the area, we would be happy to have you stay again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

After the most expensive cab ride from LaGuardia Airport, it was great to just get checked in and settled quick.
We had booked two rooms, they gave us one on the 3rd floor and the other on the 2nd floor. we (in the room on the 3rd floor) settled in and were about to rest up for the night when we noticed bed bugs!!! BUT! after calling reception, they had another room organised asap, we moved back down to the 2nd floor closer to our friends and it was much better.
Tekwon and Security Maria were great!!! thank you for making our stay there very welcoming and so helpful.
Reception was on the ball with all requests and very friendly and helpful when seeking directions or recommendations on places to shop.
it was great to be able to go into the city to visit but come back to a quiet relaxing night.
convenient with wendys and dunkin donuts across the road for that quick bite.
DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!!!

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the river, its very nice and refreshing view in the morns, but other then...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Kestian, Thank you for telling us about your experience with us. We appreciate your positive comments. I am happy to hear that Tequan and Maria were very helpful in solving your initial concerns. I'll be sure to share these thoughts with the staff. They'll be glad to know they were on the ball and turned things around for you. We hope you'll stay with us again!
Harmony, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days in October 2013. We were taking a cruise out of New York but wanted to tour the city beforehand. The hotel was clean and nice, and the staff were super friendly and accommodating. The bus stop for transportation going into the city was about a 5 minute walk away, and the staff told us exactly what we needed to know. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for nice, efficient, no-frills accommodations.
Blanca was especially helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Beverly H, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that we provided you with great value and service. We take pride in ensuring our guests are comfortable. I will be sharing your kind comments with the staff, especially Blanca, that they made such a positive impact on your stay. We hope you'll stay with us again in the future.
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed there while visiting NYC for the first time. Bus stop is very close. Front desk people were very good, friendly and helpful. The room was clean when we got there, but didn't seem to get cleaned (other than the bed made) while we were there. A/C worked only part of the time. Even though it was close to the highway, it was quiet and we didn't have any issues with road noise.

Room Tip: Elevator is in the center of the buildings. Ask about bus schedules if you are heading into the cit...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
cacherjoe, Thank you for reviewing the Red Roof Inn Secaucus. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. I hope you enjoyed your first visit to NYC. It truly is a great place. I'm happy to hear the front desk was friendly and helpful and the room was clean upon check in. For our guests that stay over more than one night, we have a Go Green Program where we make the bed, replace your towels and take out the trash. I'd love to speak to you to get further information. If you didn't receive the full Go Green service, I'd like to know so I can follow up with my housekeeping staff. I hope to hear from you soon and that you'll stay with us again in the future.
Midland, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We chose to stay at this particular hotel because it's close to the Meadowlands Stadium and was a great price. It would have been a great value, BUT I had a couple of issues that ruined it for me! I will start at the beginning.

Check in was quick and the gentleman was cordial, not overly helpful, but not rude. We got the room, it was clean, bathroom was clean, tv worked and the bed was so/so. The bus stop is a couple of blocks from the hotel, which was not too bad. Round trip to NYC less than $7 each.

Now, I checked in and registered for 4 adult guests, even though i did this, they only left 2 towels every single day. Not a deal breaker, I would go get extra. HOWEVER, on Monday, after a long day in New York, we got back to the room with beds made, but NO TOWELS< NO WASH CLOTHES, NO HAND TOWELS NO NOTHING! I went to the front desk to get the things so we could get cleaned up. The front desk lady was EXTREMELY rude and said they didn't have ANY towels available, this was 6 pm, she said the soonest we could get anything would be 9:30 or later. When I went at 9:30 to check, once again greeted by her rudeness she said it would be even later, and she would only give us TOWELS and NOTHING else. I asked her why the maid service didn't leave them and she said she had no idea. I was not the only one with this issues, she had a list of people to distribute just towels too. I realize the maid service was not her issue, but she was rude and didn't care about our inconvenience at all. I tried speaking to the manager the next morning, who wasn't available and we were leaving. So, if you stay here, be warned, you might now get maid servicing your rooms.

I was also locked out of the room everyday starting on Sunday, we would have to get the keys reactivated, I could've live with this inconvenience, but with the combination of this and the towel/maid issue, I was not happy!!!!!!!! I would've given this hotel a good at the very least until this issue on Sunday/Monday! I had read the reviews so I wasn't expecting much, however, I did expect to be able to get a clean towel to shower with.

Now, the location was good, on the river, across the street is a little strip mall with a liquor store, Subway, Wendy's, Sinbad's Cafe and Duncan Donuts.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JustGina56287
JustGina56287, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experience during your stay. While I'm glad to hear that you found our price to be great considering our proximity to Metlife Stadium, I am sorry to hear that we dropped the ball. Please contact either my Assistant General Manager Kelly or myself. I'd like more details of your stay so I can address this with the appropriate employees, but more importantly, make it up to you. Not having enough towels or working keys each day is not how I run my business. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to tell us that we failed to wow you this time around. I hope you give us the opportunity to make it up to you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel is located a 15 minute drive from NYC, and has a NJTransit bus stop right in front that will take you there for about $3. The stop is very limited, with no service on weekends and no service after 9:10am (into new York) on weekdays, though the schedule is a little more generous coming back in the evenings.
Now to my issue, which is pretty major. I booked and paid for 2 nights through Hotwire, and after I returned from the city on the 2nd night, I was unable to get into my room. So I went to the front desk and when I told the night clerk what room I was in he, without even looking at anything said I had only paid for 1 night, almost like he had been waiting for me (why not call me?) He then proceeded to show me what the hotels paper work said which was one night, I then showed him my Hotwire confirmation email, he responded by brushing me off and starting to help the person in line behind me.
I then called hotwires customer service number, and when I explained the issue they said that it was showing 2 nights had been paid for. She then called the hotel and straightened everything out (I had to check in again)
Though I have no idea whose fault the mix up was (hotwires or the hotels) one thing for sure is that I didn't do anything wrong and dealing with a customer that way in the middle of the night with no car or any access to personal belongings is unacceptable and then offering no assistance at all, apparently there was no chance whatsoever of an error on the hotels paperwork?

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Andrew R
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Andrew R, Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. My apologies for the reservation confusion and my employee's unhelpful behavior. I will be discussing the situation with him. I am glad to hear that ultimately everything was resolved so that you could get settled for the evening. I invite you to contact us here at the hotel and ask for myself or my assistant Kelly. We would like to make it up to you and have you as our guest in the future.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights and took the bus close by, into New York for sight seeing. Clean rooms, good service, comfortable beds and affordable. Reception was informative on how to get into New York city with the bus. Some restaurants right across the street and a liquor store too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Garibaldo00, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, good service and comfortable beds at an affordable price. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the information the staff has to offer, as well as the restaurants across the street. We hope to see you again.