“"Little Gem in north jersey"” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
North Jersey
“"Little Gem in north jersey"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here based on the reviews I saw online. The price was very competitive, so I decided to try before a meeting I had locally. I was very impressed with easy check-in and room I was given. Staff was very informative on nearby shopping and restaurants which came in handy for me. I am not sure if all red roofs operate this way but I will continue to book this one when I'm in town. Felt comfortable and cared for!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank snax555
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Snax555,
Thank you for writing such a positive review about our property. I am glad that the staff members made your stay comfortable and that you had an easy check in process. The local restaurants is very convenient since they are right across the street. Its great to hear that you will be using Red Roofs for your future stays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were very impressed with this Red Roof Inn. The room was clean, modern & quiet, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, the price was right, location convenient, and they are pet friendly. They even offer full menu room service! The only thing the room lacked was a coffee maker, although coffee is available in the lobby. It also would have been a big plus if they offered hourly shuttle service to & from NYC. We would have gladly paid for this service. The bus stop is quite a trek down the road. Despite those things we would/will stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, get a room towards the back. That is where the "pet area" is. The hot...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JavaGo
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
JavaGo,

I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review for our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding and renovated rooms. It is good to hear that the staff treated you well. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located in the center of everything. Right down the road we have the shopping outlets, across the street we have the restaurants, and we have the NJ Transit bus outside the hotel that can take you into NYC. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

When we arrived it was 36 degrees and pouring rain, but there was no heat in the room. We turned it on and then left for dinner. When we returned an hour later, the heat was working, but it took another hour before it was comfortable enough to begin shedding the layers of sweaters we had to wear. Although a placard next to the bed boasted of their custom-designed bedding, the sheets were yellowed--in need of bleach & hot water--and crumpled (as if they'd just been slept in). It would be generous to describe the shower temperature as lukewarm (and I'm not feeling too generous), and the only positive about the timid water pressure was that it meant less cold water running down my back. Although conveniently located off I-95, there were very few restaurant choices nearby for a late dinner (9:30 p.m.) The front desk clerk (who was very nice) said township law requires the hotel to photocopy the ID of each person staying in the room "in case there are problems, violence, the police need to be called." Also, when I booked one room for one night online, the site duplicated the reservation and emailed a confirmation for two identical bookings but with separate confirmation #s. Luckily I caught the mistake and the front desk clerk easily resolved the problem before we arrived. This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn, and I expected a hotel that was not quite at Hampton Inn quality/value, but moving in that direction. For $96, I expected a comfortable room with clean sheets, a hot shower, and the heat turned. Room 313, by the way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KieranOConnor
Kieran,
I want to apologize if we overlooked turning the heat on for you. We try to make sure that the room is at a comfortable temperature for guests upon their check in. I also apologize that the housekeepers did not have your room satisfactory as well. Please note that this is not an issue that we experience here. As the front desk mentioned, our city requires that we make a photocopy of the id's of anyone that will be in the room. Sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable. I do hope that you give us another chance in the near future.
Happy Holidays.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was a lovely hotel, especially since we stayed at a different hotel the night before that was not up to my standards WHICH is why I left and searched for a new hotel to stay at!That hotel will remain nameless. It was easy to make reservation, the price was good and it was easy access to New York. We even extended our stay with no issues. The rooms are updated, beds are comfy, the bathroom need little help but it's not bad. It get the job done! Lastly, across the street you have Subway, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robins Ice Cream, a spa for men and women, and Wine store =-)! If you have pets, they have a nice green space by the water to let them run in and do there business!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ivy P
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Ivy,

I'm sorry to hear how your stay was at a different brand hotel, but I am happy that you landed here with us. During the reservation process, we try to make things easy for the guest and convenient. We make sure everything is repeated clearly to make sure there are no mistakes. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and that we were priced appropriately. It is great that we have several restaurants across the street and the spa that you mentioned. We designated a nice dog area because we feel that pets are part of a lot of families. That is why we are pet friendly and pets stay free with Red Roof Inn. We hope to see you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great staff. Everyone was friendly. Management was always on hand. Property very clean. Stayed at other places in the past, but thanks to Noel and Diane, we'll be here again. Can't wait to come back in February.

• Stayed November 2013
Richie,

It always gives me joy to see that the staff takes great care of the guests. Thank You for mentioning Diane and myself. All staff members enjoy what they do, and it shows when we get great reviews like this from our travelers. If we can ever help you with future reservations, please contact me and I will be more than happy to assist.
Rahway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Had to make a pit stop for the night and landed here! Great stay, and the service was very friendly! The bed was comfortable , got a great nights sleep and it was nice and quiet! If I had to stay in that area I know I would go back there!

• Stayed October 2013
Jackie,

We greatly appreciate your review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovated rooms with our new pillowtop mattresses. I appreciate that you mentioned how friendly the staff is. They all take pride in their work. We hope to be your preferred hotel during your travels.
Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The biggest downside of this property is something that they have no control over: the outrageous $13 toll to use the Lincoln Tunnel. Therefore, it is not recommended to use your car to go back and forth from the hotel into Manhattan, even if your E-Z Pass is flush with funds. Though parking at this motel is free, there doesn't appear to be a nearby place to catch public transit. This is a drawback, but again, not something that Red Roof Inn can control. As far as the property itself, it is what you would expect from a good-quality budget hotel chain like Red Roof. I've stayed here no fewer than five times, all of them enjoyable. Courtyard-facing rooms are ideal, as they are quieter. The busy route 3 bridge viaduct is just close enough the the upper floors of the hotel to be a bit distracting, so you may want to turn the room fan to "high" to drown out the constant cars and trucks passing by, if your room faces north. At any rate, this is a great alternative to the higher-priced Manhattan hotels. And because it is a Red Roof Inn, you can be assured of its quality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. For a lot of people in NJ, paying those tolls to go into NYC can get outrageous. The great thing about this location is the fact that we have the NJ Transit bus conveniently located in front of the hotel. We appreciate that you use Red Roof Inn while you travel, and I hope you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We hope to see you again in the future.