Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
US$160
US$140
US$199
Candlewood Suites Secaucus(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$138
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$161
US$122
Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$158
Priceline
US$171
US$156
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetnew yorkthe busdunkin donutspremium roomevery weekbudget hotelcleaning staffport authorityinto nyceasy access to nyclincoln tunneltimes squaremonicadanicawilliam
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice, out of the way hotel that is still close to NYC. Only stayed for one night but any experience with the staff have been pleasant. Price is reasonable especially during peak season. Room was clean and big.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Raymond H,

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review. I am glad that you chose to stay with us for your one night. Thank you for complimenting the staff and I am glad you enjoyed your spacious room. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This truly was a situation where you get what you pay for. We booked our stay through priceline.com and all we had to go by was pictures on their website. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was really nice and sweet(as well as the overnight front desk lady) she even allowed us to check in super early as our flight had arrived way before check in time. The room was much smaller than what it seemed in photos. The carpet in the room was not vacuumed and there's rust around the bathtub. The housekeepers left much to be desired as well. There was two of us in one room and they didn't really want to bring us rags and towels...we only needed two of each! The major thing that sucked was the bus rides into NYC and the fact that the bus near the hotel(12 minute walk btw) only runs once an hour was a major pain. Other than that it was okay. The view of Hackensack River which was right behind our room is amazing when the sun sets which is awesome !

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Shena T
RRI150, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Shena T,

We would like to thank you for the GREAT comments in reference to the "really nice and sweet" lady at our Front Desk that "Allowed you to Check-In Super Early;" we will certainly pass your comments on to her. All of our Front Desk associates pride themselves in providing Excellent Customer Service to all of our guests.
We too are also amazed on a daily basis by the tremendous views of the sunset over the river right in our backyard !

Thanks again for giving us your feedback.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I guess this hotel was trying to hide their dirty little secrets and removed my original review when I posted pics of their disgusting filfthy bath tub filled with crudy stains, mildews, rust, dust bunnies everywhere during my 3 night stay. The hair dryers and electrical oulet/light switch was covered with years of grouss harzardous stuff caked all over it. We even had to go to Wal-mart to by Lysol to clean the room ourselves since we couldn't leave since we booked this hotel thru a 3rd party and was already paid for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank my2centstodays
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

my2centstoday,

I first off would like to apologize if you feel that the hotel removed your survey. We do not have the ability to do so. TripAdvisor reviews all comments and they have the ability to do so, not the establishment. I am sorry that you had a bad stay. Please note that issues like this are not normal at this inn. We strive to providing guests was great customer service and clean rooms. Sorry if we failed at that with you. If you would like to speak further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed between Xmas & New Year. Booked our trip late so struggled to get reasonably priced hotel in NYC. This was my 2nd visit to this hotel/motel, stated once before for few days during road trip. The price is so reasonable compared to the city. The staff were super helpful. Transport links to the city are regular & reliable. A bus stops right outside & takes about 20mins to Penn Station. Alternatively you can get a cab to the train station which takes about 10mins & another 10/15mins on the train. The rooms are basic but modern & clean which is all you really need when visiting NYC (your not in the hotel v.much at all!). All in all great alternative to staying in the city.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gemmap81

gemmap 81,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovated modern hotel. We do try our best to stay reasonably priced, while still providing excellent customer service and very clean rooms. We hope that the next time you come into the area, you take a look at our NEW Premium Rooms which are still reasonably priced as well. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We came in from the west on NJ 3. The highway splits just west of the Hackensack river and the motel is between the split lanes on the eastern bank of the river. There are on-off exits in both directions to NJ 3. NJ 3 is the road to the Lincoln Tunnel (under 5 miles to the toll booth).

There is traffic noise in the parking lot but it was not noticeable in the room. The lanes are elevated and probably 1/4 mile or more apart. The area around the motel seems isolated. There is a bus to Port Authority although I didn't use it. Secaucus Junction station on the NJ Transit rail line is 3 easy miles at 9 AM on a Friday. Parking is $22 and trains run to Penn Station constantly.

I was using the place while being a tourist in NYC so was only using the room to sleep and wash up. The room was a little on the small size. There were 2 queen size beds. 2 chests of drawers, one doubled as the flat screen table, and an armoire, there was no closet. Free Wi-Fi. My only complaint and it may be the opposite for you was that the shower/tub and toilet were in a separate room, as usual and the sink/mirror was in the main room. That's just me because I get up early and don't want to disturb people that are still sleeping. The room and property was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful with directions and such. Across the street is a very mini-mall with a Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's and some other places to eat. They do have other style rooms that may be bigger.

Bottom line, would I stay there again?
In a New York Minute!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bill M

Bill M,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were able to use the bus stop conveniently located close to hotel. As you mentioned, having the mini mall across the street is also convenient for guests like yourself that are here on a vacation. In regards to the noise, I am happy to hear that you didn't experience any of it inside your room. During your next trip, you should look into our Premium Double Room. Look forward to your next stay.