“Great for a one night stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I tend to judge hotel rooms based on the water pressure of the shower head. I know it's weird but it's typically a fare assessment. My room at Red Roof Plus+ did not have the best water pressure. It wasn't a bad experience overall. Room was small but cozy. There was cable and a mini-fridge. I was in town for a concert and I booked Red Roof as a last minute hotel because all of the surrounding hotels were booked but it was definitely a great stay for one night only. It's across the street from a Dunkin Donuts, a Wendy's, and a Subway. There's a convenience store not too far away. The only weird part was the bathroom sink, which is kept outside of the shower/tub and toilet combo room. There were some small bits of trash on the floor when we first checked in but it definitely wasn't dirty. Towels smelled clean. It's affordable. I will definitely consider booking a room at Red Roof Plus+ next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014
RRI150, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for posting a review about your experience here at our hotel during a fun concert weekend. I appreciate your input about our water pressure as this allows me to address this with our technicians to be sure it is set at the correct PSI. Your input about what is in the area is truly appreciated by not only our team but our future guest allowing them true insight to our proximity to great restaurants and convenience stores located within walking distance of our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you visit our great city again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here because the place looked nice online and it was close to the Metlife stadium. The modern look of the room was nice, but that is about all that was nice about this place. Our room was not cleaned when we arrived. The sheets had hairs on them and were stained, there were hairs in the tub and the toilet was disgusting. There was pee on the seat! I saw a maid outside our room and asked her if she could please change the sheets and clean the bathroom as the room was obviously not cleaned. We left our room and came back 4 hours later. The hand towels were picked up but the room was still not cleaned. My husband was changing and then a maid tried to open the door WITHOUT KNOCKING! I had to tell her to please give us a moment.
After we were ready to leave the room I asked the maid to please change the sheets. We came back to our room from the concert that night and our room was finally cleaned!

Don't stay here on a concert night though cause you won't sleep. The inn reminded me of a college party house. A lot of people were staying here after the concert let out and were partying OUTSIDE of the rooms till the next morning. They were very loud. Between them and the hard bed I did not sleep very well at all. This place is not maintained well at all. Water on benches, beer cans on the grounds. If you are looking for a party hotel I guess this is the place for you, but would not recommend for a place to sleep and definitely don't bring your kids here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bor0Gurl04

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about you experience with our property. I would first like to extend a sincere apology about the cleanliness of you room upon arrival. This is not a normal experience for any of our guest and truly regret the length of time it took for service. I will be bringing this review to our next meeting to coach our team with real experiences that could be remedied with more training. I also would like to apologize for the noise level during the concert weekend. Thank you again and would like to invite you to return so that you may see the improvements made since your departure.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been staying there for years for work purposes. Over all a nice, clean, and well kept facility. Front desk attendants are all very friendly and a pleasure to deal with as well as converse. Also recommend eating across the street at Sinbads they have excellent Lebanese Cuisine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time during your busy work schedule to post such a nice review about your experience with our property. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal guest to our hotel and brand. I will be sure to show this review to our front desk team as I am sure they will have big smiles when they read this. I also appreciate the shout out about the proximity to the great restaurants we have in the area, our future guest will truly appreciate this. Thank you again we all look forward to serving you again should your work return you to our area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked the premium double bed room, however the room was too small and certainly not newly renovated (not like the photos in the website). When we got the room and found out the trash (plastic gloves, shocks,..) on the corridor, in front of the room; we advised the staff. They told us that they couldn't do any thing and we have to wait to the next day when the housekeeping come. The cleanness was terrible, we found a ball of hair on the floor (in the room). The phone didn't work. There was not the snack(breakfast) which was supposed to come with the premium room. We've booked for 3 nights but we moved to another hotel after the first night since we couldn't stay in this condition (luckily, we have found an available room). Never come back to this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel. I am truly sorry that your accommodations did not reach or exceed the level of service that it should have been. Your experience is not a normal one and I sincerely apologize. I will be sure to bring this review to the attention of all team members as it is our goal to have our guest leave happy and satisfied. Thank you again and truly hope that you will allow us to serve you again and show you the improvements made since your departure.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I was very skeptical about booking this hotel based on reviews alone, but I must share my own experience. I was taking my husband out for his birthday and everything was of course a surprise. His major surprise was going to Medieval Times which is located in Lyndhurst, NJ. I needed a hotel close in proximity(it was a little under 3 miles away), not too expensive, and close to NY because I wanted to take him into the city for dinner. Needless to say we only needed somewhere to sleep. Upon checking in the staff was very helpful. I didn't encounter one rude person while we were there. Our room was updated, but like a previous statement the bathroom not so much (if the bathroom was a bit cleaner I would've given it 4 stars). We got settled and then headed out to enjoy the city. We asked the front desk clerk about the bus that goes straight to Port Authority, then we spoke to some of the cleaning staff who were on their way home from work. The 129 bus stop was a little over 2 blocks away. The walk wasn't bad at all. Returning to the hotel was easier because the driver dropped you off right in front of the lobby. The fare was only 6.40 pp round trip... definitely worth it. My husband and I were pleased with the service, and would stay again especially if our plans are to go into the city for most of our stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RRI150, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Lovelyv627,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our helpful Front Desk staff; they take a great deal of pride in their work. We are very fortunately to be only a short walk to the bus stop that quickly takes you into the heart of NYC. It is also really great to hear that you enjoyed your recently updated guest room; we are very proud of them as well. We all hope you get another chance to come visit with us real soon !

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Check in took forever. I mean at least about 10 minutes for every person checking in!
Beds are ok but bathroom was certainly not newly renovated.
Huge buses arrived and started making noise at 5.30am...
Close to Metlife Stadium, but for the 90 dollars I paid I would have expected a coffeemaker in the room and breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarylandGeek

Dear MarylandGeek,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write us. We are sorry to hear that your check in was a little slow; some times the personalized service we like to provide takes more time than we expect, we are always striving to improve. As you mentioned we are located very close to Metlife Stadium. As an FYI, we do offer rooms with numerous additional amenities such as coffee makers, plush high-end bedding, large flat screen HD TV's, mini refrigerator's stocked with Nature Valley Granola bars, orange juice and bottled water. We all hope you will get a chance to come back and visit with us again very soon and try out our NEW Premium Rooms !

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was re-routed here because my original hotel was overbooked. They did make a concerted effort to find me another hotel "fairly" close by. Red Roof+ had plenty of rooms available. Check in was OK although the front desk clerk was a bit dismissive. The room was small, barely enough room for two people to walk around the bed at the same time and no room for luggage. The bathroom was clean but the handle on the shower was falling off. The bed was comfortable. All in all slightly high in cost for what you get, but below the average cost for the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMGute

Dear JMGute,

Thank you so much for writing us about your impromptu stay. It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with accommodation's near your destination. In looking into your reservation we did notice that you chose our Standard King size bedded room; just for future reference we do also offer rooms with 2 full size beds as well as stylish boutique designed King size bedded rooms that have large work stations, coffee makers and many other amenities. We all hope that the next time you are in our area you will give them a try !