Meadowlands Plaza Hotel-Secaucus
Candlewood Suites Secaucus(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$140
US$168
US$128
La Quinta
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$101
Red Roof
Meadowlands River Inn(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$154
Travelocity
US$147
US$189
US$189
Hyatt.com
All reviewstrain stationfree shuttlenew yorkthe hotel offersfree breakfastpotatoesbacon sausagehotel restaurantmin drivefridge and microwavemet life stadiumfront desk staffstayed nightsvisiting nycconvenient locationlincoln tunnelred roof
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at the Meadowlands Plaza. The staff was accommodating and polite. We went to a Broadway play Kinky Boots, we got there within one hour. The accessibility to major tourist is very convenient. The King size bed was very comfortable. All in all we had a good time.

Room Tip: The east side has a pleasant view of Jersey City and New York skylines.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FJP595
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family stayed here this past weekend. My two sons put it simply: The hotel is passable. The room price was very good for a hotel just outside of Manhattan. There is free parking and a very pleasant staff. We had two "non-smoking" rooms. However, one of them was obviously a room in which smokers had been staying. The rooms are rather spacious for a budget hotel, and included coffee maker refrigerator and microwave as well as an HDTV. Wireless Internet worked exceptionally well. There were also plenty of electrical outlets. The walls of the hotel were rather thin. Fortunately, there was not a lot of noise either in the hall or not adjacent rooms. Bedding was decent. The HVAC worked, but it was not strong enough for my tastes. The rest of our party had no problem with it. Water pressure in the shower was very weak. Breakfast is included, but if you had to pay for it, I would strongly encourage you to go elsewhere. Eggs were okay, potatoes were undercooked, most of the pastry items were rather bland in on interesting. Coffee was weak at best. But hey, it was all free. In conclusion, none of us had an unpleasant stay in the property is very convenient to Midtown. If you can accept the listed faults, this is a decent place to stay on a budget.

Room Tip: If you are promised a non-smoking room, check it out first before committing. You probably want to choose a room on a higher floor farther away from the elevator to avoid noise.
1  Thank Remdawg30
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect as some of the reviews of this hotel were not that great and I have never been to Secaucus, New Jersey, but I have really nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The room was very nice - great beds with 3 smaller pillows per bed and nice linens. The room had a single serve coffee maker with coffee and paper cups, along with a microwave and mini frig, which were clean and worked perfectly. There were plenty of nice towels in the bathroom. Everything was clean and neat in the room. The breakfast included with the room stay was pretty nice - I would say above average for a free breakfast, including sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and pancakes, along with bagels, etc. The food was decent quality - not great, but good enough to fuel up on before heading into the City.

We arrived to check in around 12:30pm and our room was ready - the front desk staff were nice and helpful. We were staying for the weekend to see a play in NYC and tour the City. The free parking was great and appeared plentiful, although after we arrived, we didn't use or move our car until we left on Sunday morning. The free hotel shuttle was a very nice feature. We used it to go to Secaucus Plaza to get a bus into NYC. The bus fare is $3.20 one way and you can pay cash when you get on the bus in Secaucus. If you are coming back on the bus, I would recommend purchasing a round trip fare to save some time as you have to purchase your ticket from a machine at the New York Port Authority bus terminal if you don't have a return ticket. The Port Authority Bus Terminal is connected to the New York subway station or you can just walk a couple of blocks and be in Times Square. You can also take the train from Secaucus into the City, but I didn't use the train, so I can't comment on that service. The only thing I will say about the bus back to Secaucus is that there are different routes and depending on which bus you take, you might not get dropped off at Secaucus Plaza. The bus runs until abut midnight, but only once an hour later at night. One of the hotel shuttle drivers told me that they would come and pick us up anywhere in Secaucus, but we got dropped off a few blocks away from the hotel one night by a bus driver who seemed not to know the route very well, and the shuttle driver was giving us a little bit of a hard time saying that we took the wrong bus, etc. He was the only person that I encountered at the hotel who wasn't anything but friendly and helpful.

We used our AAA card and got a discount on the room, so we stayed for 2 nights and paid what we would have paid for one night at a cheap hotel in New York City. There is a Dunkin' Donuts, Subway, liquor store and a few other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I would recommend the Meadowlands Plaza to everyone who wants to save some money while visiting New York City. There is also an outlet mall, movie theater, etc., in Secaucus if you wanted something to do without going into NYC.

3  Thank hennmother
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here for a single night before venturing into the city for a few days. The room was clear, the area appeared safe, and access was pretty easy. Hotel staff were polite, albeit a little paranoid. Overall the facilities were in good shape. Good hotel for passing through.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel, the first was 4 years ago. I would recommend this hotel for several reasons. If you are going into NYC and not staying in the city late at night, then this property is terrific. The hotel, albeit a little older, is very clean. A full breakfast is included - eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, pastries. All very good. Even better - no charge for parking and a free shuttle to and from Secaucus Junction. Roundtrip to NYC is $8.00 and the first stop is Penn Station (less than 10 minutes). You do need to make reservations for the shuttle. I think it runs every half hour, so a little planning is beneficial. On the Saturday morning we were there, the 9:00 a.m. shuttle was full, but we went to breakfast and were able to get on the 9:30 a.m. shuttle instead. Not a problem at all. The only drawback for some, not for my group, is that the train from Penn Station runs about every hour later at night. I think that if you were going to have a late night in NYC, you might need to research the train schedule and know what your plans were, because you couldn't expect a train every 10 or 15 minutes past a certain point. This didn't affect us. We called at 11:00 p.m. from Secaucus Junction and the shuttle driver was there within 10 minutes. Less than 10 minutes to the hotel. Would highly recommend. Very pleasant front desk staff and hotel personnel.

1  Thank LXJ228