Meadowlands River Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Royal Motel(Secaucus)
View Hotel
All reviewshampton innacross the streetport authoritythe busnew yorktimes squarefree parkingvisiting nycyogurtwaffle makerfree breakfastred robinother hotelsa nice place to staythe breakfast areaoutback steakhouseclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel while on a bus tour of New York City over Easter weekend. The area looked to be very safe, clean and the bus stop right across the street that takes you to the city is very accessible with the drop off back from the city even closer.
The hotel staff was wonderful, very accomodating and friendly, even had someone making waffles for us on Easter morning. The breakfast was very well layed out and the usual fare but very fresh and delicious. Waffles, eggs, gravy, biscuits, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, 4 varieties of juices, coffee, tea. Very clean area, not a huge sitting area to eat, but remember, I was with a bus tour, so there were 44 of us, not very practical to have seating for that many at one time.
Room was very nice, plenty of room, bathroom was VERY clean, bed was very comfortable and we slept so well!!! I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends who like to stay in New Jersey when going to NYC..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank matsgrls
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our staff as wonderful and friendly. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and everything else the hotel offers. Hope you will be able to stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I forgot my iPhone in the taxi that drove me from the airport to Meadowlands River Inn. As I was checking in, I realized that I don't have the iPhone on me.

Mayelin at the front desk offered to help me, but I had no idea what taxi company I got here with. Mayelin, started calling dozens of taxi dispatchers, one after another for almost an hour, until she found the taxi company that brought me here, and she had the taxi bring my iPhone back to my hotel.

Five stars for service and hospitality at this place is not enough. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and attentive. Mayelin not only saved me the cost of a new phone, but she also saved my business trip that I was here for.

Thank you again, Mayelin.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fcbrex01
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for appreciating our hotel and staff. Mayelin is a great team member and she was very happy to see this review, we have recognized her for going above and beyond. Please come again when you are visiting New Jersey or New York City.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Meadowlands River Inn- Upon arriving you have to find out the hard way that the street number 250 is in the same parking lot as 300. The other building has a big sign on it, but the MRI only has a 2'X2' temporary sign, at the roadside, that is easily overlooked. Even a local officer did not know if it was the right hotel. We had two rooms rented out. One smelled OK the other smelled like mildew. The hotel was booked solid, so we could not be moved to a better smelling room. The staff was pleasant and always at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was typical. It had fruit, waffles, cereal, toast, muffins and the like. We did stay dry during one of the heaviest rainstorms in the past few years.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill D
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I am very sorry that the sign to the building have not been installed yet. I am also truly sorry that the second room was not to your satisfaction and because that day of the convention we were sold out which made the task of moving rooms not possible. I am glad that you liked the other aspects of the hotel. I hope you will return to this area and choose our hotel for your lodging. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I cannot possibly say enough good things about this hotel. My best friend and I were visiting from Utah and everyone was SO friendly. We had a lot of stupid questions and everyone was always trying so hard to help us. Being new to the city they gave us all sorts of tips and directions. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast wasn't anything spectacular but it was free. I'm coming back this winter and am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank CandaceFranc

Yes you can live here. We love when people ask questions, cant wait to see you again. Thanks for the 5 star review.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has Great rooms and it is always nice for me to stay at a place where employees are smiling when you come in and leave. I like the location being so close to restaurants and shopping. Also great Breakfast.... Looking forward to staying again soon

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jhall1
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for appreciating our hotel and our staff. It is a great location and a very comfortable place to stay with free parking on site, free high speed internet, and free breakfast. Its nice to hear that you will be returning, thank you for taking time to write the review and for the continued support.