“Nice!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Secaucus
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really enjoyed my time at the Hotel. The service was really good and all the staff was really helpful and courteous: you could ask for taxy prenotation, information and anything else and they gave you prompt reply. All in all it was a really good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Ivan T
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy that we were able to assist you with any questions/needs you had and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the Meadowlands River Inn every time I visit New Jersey for half a year now with groups of students and I have received nothing but amazing service every single time! I would like to particularly point out Jennifer Grant and her outstanding service every time I stay at Meadowlands. I am recognized and greeted every single time, offered quick service, and pleased every single time! Thanks to Jennifer she makes my stay and travels more enjoyable!
Sarah

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sarah A
Thank you so much for leaving a 5 star review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and continue to visit us when you are in the area. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to Jennifer. She is a fantastic employee and we are so happy to have her on our team.

We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my second time staying at the Meadowlands River Inn, and I am again astounded at the high level of customer service! All staff members are warm, friendly and genuine. In particular at front desk, Jennifer is extremely personable and friendly and always makes me feel extremely welcome! The hotel is great for new york trips; clean, close to the city and in a extremely convenient area, and the price can't be beat. Overall the customer service is amazing, and I would definitely come back again. There is nothing better when travelling than to feel at home at your accommodation!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Amiliiaa
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guest feel comfortable and I'm pleased to hear that you felt at home. We hope to see you again soon!
Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The review before this said everything I want to say. We searched for a long time in the NYC/NJ area before we decided on a place for our four night stay. I went with the reviews that were written on here to choose this. Here are the reasons we would recommend this (we had two rooms for two couples)...

Asked for rooms facing NYC and away from the elevator. Had quiet rooms facing the NYC. Rooms were big (we had king with sofa bed) and very clean.

NJ transit bus stop was a few yards across the street with machines to purchase tickets and it took us to the Port Authority. In the mornings, if you leave after 10, the bus ride is less than 10 minutes to Port Authority; took longer if earlier and coming back in evenings at any time BUT much less time and frustrations if we had driven ourselves. It cost us much, much less than parking and gas to and in the city.

Staff was friendly and extremely helpful telling us about bus schedules, area shopping, as well as going out of their way to jump start our dead battery when we checked out our last morning.

Breakfast was fine but very crowded although the staff worked hard to replace the food continuously.

Easy access to lots shopping including Wal Mart, Sam's, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, fast food and regular places, too.

Only real downside was no food places open late at night as we came back from city late a couple of nights without dinner.

We will stay here again and highly recommend this to anyone, especially if you want to stay in a much quieter place than in the city and get in to and back from Times Square for $3.60 (seniors/handicapped) - $7.20 (everyone else) each trip. There is easy access to busses, subways, Hop-on/hop-off busses.

This hotel made our stay much more enjoyable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deb R
Thank you so much for leaving a 5 star review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for your travel needs. Thank you for the compliments on the staff, I will be sure to pass them along. I hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area.
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Needed to spend five days in North Jersey near NYC. Chose the Harmon Meadows (HM) area because of it's close proximity to highways, NYC bus stops, shopping and restaurants. Most all the hotels in the HM were around $200 or more per night even with the AARP and AAA discounts. Was surprised to find this hotel in the $140 per night range. Was confused when searching because older reviews said it was a Hampton Inn but the newer ones mentioned something about changing ownership. It is a private hotel and not part of Hampton Inn. None of the newer reviews knocked the hotel much so I normally go with the more up-to-date ones.

We arrived in the daytime so finding the hotel was easy but I can see how arriving at night would be tough. There is only a small white sign in the ground with the Meadowlands River Hotel name by the entrance to the parking lot. But remember that it is to the left of the Red Robin Restaurant which is easy to see.

The hotel closely resembles a Hampton Inn for obvious reasons which is a good thing. The facility is clean and the staff is overly helpful in providing information on getting a bus to NYC (They have schedules at the desk) and where the good restaurants are nearby. If you want to take advantage of the zero NJ tax on clothing there is a TJ Maxx, Marshals, Sams, Walmart, Kohls, and Sports Authority in the complex.

The bus to NYC was cheap and fast. If you are older than 62 the bus fair to NYC is only $3.60 round trip. The regular fair is only a few dollars more. The bus stop is only a half block from the hotel entrance so it was easy to get there. The bus stop has a machine to purchase tickets by cash or credit card. Note that you can only get senior tickets one way so you will need to purchase one there and another in Port Authority when you return. Not sure why they only sell one way to seniors and round trip to everyone else. Maybe they are not sure if you are going to make it back? LOL

The room has a lot of power outlets which is great for charging your smart phones, IPADs and computers. AND...get this...there is FREE WIFI in the whole hotel. Yippee!!

The negatives aren't much but I'll list them anyway. There is no safe in the room. The breakfast is very busy and very crowded and the eggs uh...lets just say they are not like the ones you make at home. But the bagels, cereal, oatmeal, waffles and sausage are good. And it's part of the hotel cost. I had a problem with my TV not getting certain channels. The maintenance person tried to fix it but couldn't and tried to swap it out with another one. But he didn't have the tool to remove the one in the cabinet. So while he was looking for the tool I wiggled some wires and it started working again. Just like home. Wow.

The parking is pretty full late at night so you will need to park in the rear which has a room key powered door. Make sure you read the sign which says to stand back four feet. We didn't do it at first and we stood looking at a door that wouldn't open. Silly stuff.

Traffic into NYC backs up during the morning and evening rush hours so if you are planning on driving into the city do it at other times. Note that Jersey drivers are always in a rush and won't let you merge if you make eye contact. Don't be offended by horns and finger signals. It's just their way of welcoming you to the Garden State.

I'm had so much fun with this review. So enjoy yourself and have fun.

Room Tip: See tips in review. There are a bunch of them.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Nafus1
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay. I'm happy that you found our location to be convenient for your travel needs. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations in all aspects of your stay. We are happy to assist our guests with safety deposit boxes that are located behind the front desk and accessible 24/7. Thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast as well. We hope to see you again soon.
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were traveling I 95 and needed a place to stay before going into new York. This gem of a hotel was perfect! Clean, close to the highway, and the Lady at the front desk was so helpful and friendly, and the price was less than advertised in the website! The breakfast was good, for a hotel! I will definitely will stay here if going again in that direction, and also recommend it highly!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were convenient for your travels. We hope to see you again soon!
WORCESTER, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Meadowlands River Inn for a long weekend in June to celebrate my husband's birthday. We'd stayed at neighboring hotels before on other trips to NYC, but never this one. Based on a terrific online rate & great reviews I saw online, we decided to give the River Inn a try. It was well worth it.

From our first moments at check-in through check-out, the staff at this hotel gave us stellar customer service - all were warm, knowledgeable & professional. They went out of their way to offer to help us in any way. Our room was spotless, well appointed, comforable beds. Free parking was a bonus & the 320 NJ transit bus picks you up every 15-20 minutes just across the street, brings you right into the city, drop off at the NYC Port Authority on 42nd St. for about $3.80 each way (per person). Buses run back & forth to NJ until about 2am so you can take your time in the city. The hotel provides bus schedules to guests.

Complimentary breakfast at the hotel included the basics (coffee, juice, muffins, cereal) & a few extras (oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, eggs) - a perfect start to the morning. Let me say that tourists can be animals. I watched as many hotel guests swarmed the buffet, took armfulls of excess food & paper goods, left a mess of plates/crumbs/spills on their tables after eating. Yet hotel staff was gracious & efficient - wishing guests a good morning & constantly cleaning the breakfast area. Kudos to them for their patience & effort.

The hotel is in a busy commercial area, surrounded by Walmart, Sam's, Marshalls, a big movie theater & every type of chain restaurant you can think of (Red Lobster, Starbucks, Outback, Olive Garden...), so you can easily save a few bucks by eating dinner there upon return form the Manhattan. Loved this hotel, its staff & surroundings. We will definitely be staying at the River Inn again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MCOOKIEWorcester_Ma
Thank you so much for leaving a great review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful. We take a lot of pride in the work we do and it makes us so happy to hear that we were able to help make your trip a memorable one. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!