The first impression going in Hyatt Place was actually good. Nothing fancy, but really nice and relaxed atmosphere. The receptionist greeting us was very polite and provided us with all necessary information direct (I guess many people choose that side of Hudson River as a more economic solution compared to hotels in Manhattan). We even got a page of paper with the bus timetable (bus 320 whose stop is like 50m from the hotel's rear entrance, buses go regularly - like every 6-8 minutes during rush our - and until quite late at night.
Being a couple we booked one room with one king bed. Entering our room we were pleasantly surprised to see that it looked more like a little studio apartment. There was a living room by the entrance with desk, sofa and a little pentry. Partly separated by a wall was the bedroom and then the bathroom as a continuation of the latter. Everything felt so spacious and even if we were not intending to spend much time at the hotel, we were very glad to come back to such a nice and relaxed environment after a day's activities in Manhattan. The room was supplied with iron, ironing board and hairdryer. The fact that we could not open any of the two windows facing the main street in front of the hotel did not affect us at all, as the A/C unit would refresh the air in the room within just half an hour. Most of the times we came back to the hotel and the unit was still on (I guess the cleaning staff doesn't mind letting it on during the whole day).
There was absolutely no problem sleeping, as we barely heard any other sounds from outside. Our room was at the opposite side from where the ice machine was situated on our floor, so we cannot tell if rooms situated closer to it had more noise.
The room was also equipped with a large, flat-screen TV and the channel variety was more than decent, at least to our eyes coming from Europe. No high expectations, we just wanted to watch something while cooling down during evenings.
The breakfast was quite ok. There was milk, yoghurt, juice and coffee (the latter being a bit watery though, but that is a matter of taste as well). Varying between days the hotel offered different pastries (scones or danish pastry or small donuts), then there was different sorts of cereal, fruit, pancakes or french toast, different kinds of small burgers. I think that one could even ask for eggs prepared in a certain way. Of course peanut butter, butter, jam and honey and different kinds of bread and bagels were also offered.
As far as our transportation to Manhattan is concerned - and as I mentioned before - the bus stops almost right outside the hotel's rear entrance. The ride takes at most 30-40 minutes depending on traffic, usually around 20min. The roundtrip ticket costs $7,90 and there is an automatic vending machine at the bus stop. Everything seemed perfectly arranged!!
Upon checking out we asked if we could store our luggage in order to be able to spend one last day in Manhattan and it didn't seem to be a problem! All in all we would definitely recommend Hyatt Place for those who are looking for a more economic solution for staying somewhere close to Manhattan in order to be able to visit daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt place Secaucus/Meadowlands is located just 3 miles out of New York City. We are also in close proximity to plenty of shopping malls, local restaurant's and Met life Stadium. The Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands offers complimentary breakfast every morning. Other amenities of the hotel include a lounge serving Starbucks coffee/wine/beer/distilled spirits. We also have a fitness center available 24 hours a day and complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius! The beautifully-appointed guestrooms feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, free wifi, 42" LCD TVs and separate living space to work or relax! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands Hotel Secaucus
- Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands New Jersey