Kincaid House Hotel
  • Restaurant
Kirkhouse Inn(Strathblane)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewskincaid housegreat foodlong timestaff were brilliantsteak piemy partnerfull scottish breakfastreturn againspecial mentioncampsie hillsregular basisone night stayhaggisbar areasoupcheeseboardin laws
Reviewed 11 May 2016

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Kincaid House, the staff were all really welcoming and friendly, the room was big and airy and breakfast was cooked to order. We had dinner and drinks in the Stables bar which was good quality and not at ridiculous hotel prices! The hotel itself is quite 'old-school' and quaint but that's what gives it its charm!

One thing I would recommend to people is don't bother getting the bus into Kirkintilloch - you can get a taxi for two people for the same price!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Lunch in a conservatory looking out onto gardens. Staff welcoming and helpful. Good range of food at an excellent price. The courses were well prepared, well plated and tasted excellent. A very pleasant meal. The hotel could look a bit better on the exterior but the staff and food make this a very minor point.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

A lovely old fashioned hotel with very friendly staff, although the culinary experience seems to have declined from a few years ago. Our evening meal wasn't wonderfully cooked, and our cooked breakfast was a bit bland, with the coffee very weak to say the least. A great setting though!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Can't recommend this place enough! Food is fantastic service is fabulous Alistair and his team very competent kind and friendly. Setting is beautiful too in one of the Lennox clans original castles / ancestoral pile. Thanks for the brilliant stay. Don't know why I'm posting this because I don't want it to become too mobbed ;-) Hidden gem.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We popped into the Stables bar/restaurant on Easter Saturday (it was blowing a gale & very wet outside).... The appeal of their log fire and a hot lunch was strong as we ventured off the campsies.

£30 got us a good lunch of two lentil soups, generous beans n toast for my wee girl, chicken goujons n chips and a very satisfying Mac n cheese.

The barman/waiter was particularly attentive and helped clear an unfortunate apple juice spill.

I used to frequent the Kincaid's Stables bar in my late teens/ early 20's. It was nice to come back a decade later with my family for a meal.

I particularly enjoy the ambience. Some people have commented that it's tired and too dark. I prefer the cosiness to be honest; the fire is a great feature and there is plenty of interesting detail in the decor besides.

A good alternative and well placed between Glasgow and the hills

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family