“A clean, newly renovated typical shore motel”
Review of The Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
The Islander Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in one of The Islander Motel's first floor standard 2 bed motel rooms for 2 nights. It was newly renovated and the decor was lovely...very pretty furniture, and really nice bathroom. It wasn't luxury, but what motel on LBI is...(this is why I only gave it 4 stars). The owner, Joe, was a very nice man and very accommodating. Our room came with 2 beach badges and 1 parking space, so we didn't need to purchase a beach badge which was also a nice treat. It was 2 blocks to the beach. Our room came equipped with a Keurig coffee maker, a mini refrigerator and a microwave. It also had a ceiling fan and air conditioner. We were very comfortable and felt very safe staying at The Islander Motel.

I would stay here again if I only wanted to go down to LBI for a short visit and didn't want to spend the money on renting a house. The motel is in Ship Bottom and it is about 4 blocks off the Causeway and 1 block off of Long Beach Blvd.

My only suggestion would be for Joe, the owner, to spruce up the back of the motel since it doesn't look very appealing when you come up the street from Long Beach Blvd. It either should have some sort of cute mural painted on it or plant some shrubbery and take the tacky Motel letters off the back wall. I thought it was going to be a bad choice when I saw the back, but I was pleasantly surprised once I turned the corner and saw the cute, typical Jersey shore motel...and I was even happier when I went into my room and it was clean, neat and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: I would ask to have a room that has chairs outside of it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank JetStarNewMilford_NJ

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Islander hotel again. Our second stay here and it was excellent! We stayed in a room on the second floor which had a full size refrigerator and a stove. The bed was extremely comfortable and big. It had a nice size bathroom with plenty of hot water. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. We had a big screen TV and very comfortable chairs to sit in. The place is extremely clean. The women that clean are really good and very pleasant. We were close to the beach and close to many great places to eat. The owners are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They are very pleasant and helpful. We can not wait to go back. If your going to LBI then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nora M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I went on a three day trip and loved it!!! The place was extremely clean and nicely decorated! Joe actually upgraded our room because I had added an extra night. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in for a hotel. Joe is the nicest person, very helpful in recommending places to try, restaurants, etc. He couldn't have been more helpful. We have been going to LBI for 20 years, and this is the first time we tried The Islander, and it won't be our last!!

3  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Many years ago this was the place to hang out regardless if we stayed overnight or not, later on my family and I moved too far so I never got the chance to return to this hotel. This summer we came back and what incredible surprise was to completely renovated/updated and it is super clean. Our room was simply fantastic and the service is very good. If you are planing to visit Long Beach Island in NJ make sure to check this hotel as soon as you can because this hotel books quickly during during the summer season.

Room Tip: Any room will be a great experience. I stayed on the bottom floor and it was simply convenience so n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend and we loved it. Joe & Anne are very nice and extremely helpful. . . they know who, what, and where so if you stay here ask them what to do and where to eat. We will visit again.

The room we stayed in was spacious, clean and comfortable. The fridge, microwave and dishes were also great to have for leftovers. It was like home away from home.

1  Thank travelite13
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Even though we had no chance to stay overnight, because there were no rooms left, Joe gave us good advice where to go and saved us from a long ride back to NYC! Thanks Joe, we made it and we´ll be back for a stay and not just pass by :)!
Have a great summer!
Berit from Frankfurt/Germany

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is our second stay at Islander and my second review. We stayed here 3 years ago and loved it but now I cannot find the right words to describe what Joe did with the place. Completely renovated, everything is new, beautiful and spotless. The beds are very comfy, they have a big flat Tv, a nice size fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom is very nice and spotless. There is also an outside shower and a playground area. Free wifi. And the silence! We are from the Bronx (which will never get an award for the quietest place in the world) and last night my husband said oh my God is so quiet here, Im getting scared :). Good value and great location, coming to LBI and not considering this motel would be a sin! It's exactly what you need to make your vacation perfect. Thanks Joe and Anne, you are the best and possibly the nicest people we ever met.

Room Tip: Don't even bother to choose a certain room. They are all amazing. Get the first floor if you don...
3  Thank Emilia M
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#9 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to The Islander Motel? Share your experiences!