“Delicious Italian Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Spiaggia is an award winning restaurant on Long Beach Island. We specialize in Northern Italian cuisine in a fine dining setting. Please feel free to bring your own wine and call for reservations! We look forward to serving you!
New Jersey
“Delicious Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I decided to take my wife out for a nice dinner. I have been here 4 times in the past and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food.
This time we ordered the Calamari Fritti ($14) for app scallops della Casa ($36) and Rollatine di Vitello ($38) which were both specials. The calamari was fresh, not greasy, tender, and crispy.
The scallops were crusted in arborio and served on top of an arugula salad. Very fresh and light. The bread with dipping oil is very good, and they also give you some hummus I think. Well it had the texture and taste of hummus.
The veal, probably the most tender I have had in a very long time. It was filled with mozzerella, proscuitto and breadcrumbs in a light marsala sauce. It came with mashed and sweet potato.
Everything was delicious. Service is excellent. I enjoy the ambience here.
Prices I feel are high, but you are paying for quality and freshness, which I do not mind. So for value, not the best if you are doing dinner here a lot.
I definitely save this place for a special night once or twice in the summer. Def the best Italian on the island.
Make sure you make reservations and bring a nice bottle of wine.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank jkuna

Lavallette, New Jersey
“One of the top LBI restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Out of all of the different places to eat on LBI La Spiaggia is one of the very best. We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. It's a little hard to find but well worth searching for. The food has never failed to be amazing and the service is always impeccable. Highly recommended. BYO

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Todd E
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Food, Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited LBI in June 2014 and ate dinner here one evening. We were pleased to find an "early bird" menu good from 5-6pm. It included a three course meal all for $20-30pp and the restaurant was BYO wine. The food was some of the best Italian we have ever eaten. I had a grilled potrtobello mushroom salad, a bolognese sauce pasta, and homemade tiramisu for desert. All three were top notch. To top things off, we were able to bring a nice bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner and there was no corkage fee. The regular price menu is a bit more expensive but would be worth it. They only do Valet parking but I think it's because of limited parking space behind the restaurant. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CaxVT
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Early Bird Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ate at this returant for the first time, yesterday, will defintely be coming back. Food and service was wonderful. There were 12 of us and they seated us in a perfect alcove, It was great and food once again was delicious. BYOB

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank judithamato
“Pretty good BYO but kind of odd experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The valet could not figure out how to park my standard shift car and the waiter was kind of odd. Food was pretty good.

Visited June 2014