“Messed up a good thing!!”
Review of Bayberry Inn - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
“Messed up a good thing!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

New owners have no clue about the locals who want to have a good meal, music and dancing. Food is marginal and atmosphere is sterile. Prices are stupidly high. Cheeseburger, lobster roll, beer and a glass of wine = $55.00. Would not honor Bayberry gift certificates from previous owners so I lost $50.00 that was purchased last Sept. Who would want to come to LBI for Korean BBQ ribs? What happened to fresh flounder? No plans to return ever.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robert G

Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
“New Owners, No Karaoke”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I used to love the Bayberry. Every Tuesday night they had the best karaoke with the best woman in charge. Now they have new owners and apparently they have absolutely no allegiance to the dozens of locals who have been coming there for years and are trying to just pack as many dinner tables in as possible. Another example here of business for the tourists, the locals be damned.

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Beth M
Orlando, Florida
“Good Food andAtmosphere at a very reasonable price”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Food was enjoyable, the waitstaff was friendly and engaging. It has a pleasant atmosphere with a Piano player that kept the mod light. I thought that the price was reasonable for the food and Wine. I would recommend trying this restaurant. Food was mix of Seafood and Typical americana.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank SurferDan1
Beach Haven, New Jersey
“horrible,horrible,horrible”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The food,the service, the people. One thing was worse then the next.
Mc Donalds has a better fish sandwich that what they served us.

STAY AWAY!!!!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank tom p
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad, Very Bad Experience!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I should have been alarmed from the moment we walked through the door. We stood at the hostess stand for a good 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. One would think that at least on of the five (or so) waiter/waitresses would've have said "we'll be right with you"; instead, they all looked past us not saying a word. Oh, an I must mention that the dining room was less than 50% full.
We were finally met by the hostess, a lady maybe in her 50's, seemed nice but a little "frazzled" as she kept repeating herself. Then, as she started to lead us back to our table, we were stopped dead in our tracks as one of the waitresses told her (the hostess, maybe manager, maybe owner...who knows) that the table in the middle of the room has been sitting there for about 20 minutes and still "don't have drinks or menu's". Well, this sent our hostess into a little scurry trying to find the waiter/ress responsible for that table..
We finally reached our table. Our hostess brought our a high chair for one of our children and had to tell us about 5 times that it was a high chair for our child. I thought we were on a hidden t.v. show....wierd to say the least.
A girl came over to pour us water and I had a question about the menu. Apparently she didn't speak English. She looked at me with a confused "look" then ran off never to return.
As we were waiting for our food, I overheard another waiter tell a couple at another table that they ran out of sour cream. One of the other workers were going to run to the store to get some and that he sould be back shortly.
I'M TRYING TO KEEP THIS SHORT AND SWEET!
Finally, our food was delivered to our table. Our waitress informed me that they no longer had baked potato (as I ordered) so she brought me brown rice instead. I politely told her that I didn't want brown rice. I then asked her if she could "knock something off the bill". She told me NO! She also told me that the potato was "free with the meal" and they couldnt do anything about it. She offered me french fries. I politely told her that I did not want french fries. So, my dinner consisted of a piece of chicken. Fifteen minutes later, she came out with an attitude and a BAKED POTATO.
Lastly, I forgot to mention, out waitress never brought my wifes meal out to her. She said that she "never heard her place her order". Again, waitress had an ATTITUDE while my wife and I were polite the whole time, amused by the whole situation.
OH, AND I FORGOT, the food runners did set food at our table that my 4 year old daugter started to pick at (because she thought it was her hamburger) and they realized they put the food at the wrong table. So, they took the food away from our table and gave it to annother table despite my daughter picking at the food.
OVER PRICED, SUBPAR SERVICE, BELOW AVERAGE FOOD, OVERALL ATMOSPHERE FELT LIKE MY GRANDMOTHERS ASSISTED LIVING HOME (ESPECIALLY WITH THE PIANO PLAYER).

• Visited August 2012