“High Price for Trendy Attempt”
Review of The Arlington

The Arlington
Reserve with OpenTable
The Arlington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th street
Description: The Arlington is a new restaurant and bar open in Ship Bottom on LBI. With a new American menu focused on fresh and local ingredients and a beverage program focused on craft beer and cocktails, The Arlington is poised to be a premiere dining establishment on LBI open for lunch and dinner year-round.
Long Beach Island, NJ
“High Price for Trendy Attempt”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We looked forward to The Arlington's opening based on the published interview of the new owner/manager in the local papers. He stated that the Arlington would have menu items and portions priced fairly for the year 'round population. The place was touted (before it opened its doors) as a restaurant which would fill the gap between the high-priced seasonal tourist trap restaurants and the luncheonettes. Not so, in my opinion.

We thought we would wait until the winter to try the place, and since we had an opportunity when it was a quiet weekend, we made our first visit to The Arlington.

I must say the place was cleaned up well from the Sandy devastation. The location of the bar is a little perplexing - the doors were wide open to the dining room. This is not a place to find a cozy corner. There are no table clothes, and nothing is special about the table settings. Hardwood tables and chairs and benches make the place on the dark hardwood floor. The fish motif wallpaper is appropriate.

Two for brunch on a quiet Sunday - the last Sunday before the New Year. The "bottomless" Bloody Mary (alleged to be a special recipe) was overly salty and liberally peppered - and horseradish spicy beyond my taste. I had two - the "refill" of the glass is $1. - ergo, bottomless. I don't think many would want more than two. No big deal.

We began with an appetiser of calamari - just the usual bagged, frozen breaded calamari with a dipping sauce. It was served promptly and was hot. Average here. Above average price.

We chose the highly recommended Eggs Benedict and the Arlington Brunch Burger. Both were properly presented, but there was nothing outstanding about the flavors.

Our server was excellent, full of enthusiasm, and she earned our respect with a generous tip.

However, the $70 brunch for two was a high price to pay for Islanders.

1 Thank rwa

Jersey
“Little bit of heaven for microbrew enthusiasts at the beach”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a relatively new place that opened in an "old standby" restaurant -The Bayberry here on LBI. I can't make a honest comparison since I never had the opportunity to try The Bayberry, but its new offshoot is pretty good. I liked that it was bright and minimally decorated so not over done with kitschy beachy artifacts like anchors and buoys. The food is good if a bit overpriced, but what stands out is the micro-brew selections, over 20 very different craft beers. If you need it they have the standards, Bud and Coors, but live a little and try something you haven't before, the bartenders are friendly and will give you a taste before you commit.. have fun, spring is in sight and summers right behind.

• Visited February 2014
Medford, New Jersey
“The Arlington?? Truly Amazing!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Those words do not come easily from me. My husband is an amazing cook and we dine out often. To be honest, the first time I dined at The Arlington I wasn't expecting much. It was late on a cold Sunday night in January on seemingly deserted LBI. But my daughter and her honey said it was a must and so I treated for dinner. Rather ... The Arlington treated me. It was a superb meal from the raw oysters (succulent) to the lavender creme brûlée (decadent.). Always a skeptic, I returned again the following week also late on a Sunday night, four off us this time with super-critical hubby. We ordered and savored every appetizer on the menu (some twice) and then some. The men thoroughly enjoyed the great selection of beer as well as the conversation with the bartender/server who was gracious and super efficient. It was truly one of our best dining experiences anywhere... Anytime. What a find!!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place is pricey and dicey. Mushroom soup was lukewarm as was the garlic shrimp. Lobster bisque and baby octopus were better. Filet mignon was only okay, not very hot. Tuna was okay, not great. Paella same thing. Short ribs were the only thing served hot, but not that good. Coffee was sub par and they add an automatic 20% service charge for ANY number of party. Waiter was not attentive enough for the price. With their 20% markup, 4 appetizers, 4 dinners, 2 desserts came to $320. Really? I should be at least getting awesome service and piping hot food for that. Don't recommend.

1 Thank noreenj31
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Beer lovers nirvana”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

A great place to enjoy hand picked craft beers, dollar oysters and gourmet cuisine amidst candlelight and brickwalls, the Arlington meets you in the middle between upscale and rustic... eclectic and fun for all!

1 Thank Singerin