“Even the beds are great !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Wayne NJ
“Even the beds are great !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I go evey year. The oceanfront view is wonderful. The place is clean and quiet. They must be selective to be so quiet. The new mattresses are better than ours at home. They are a wonderful secret that we hate to share, but they deserve the review. Located in the center of LBI. Fabulous staff (Pat, Karen and Ellen) Thanks Everyone.
Dianne and Ed DiMella

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eastchester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Great motel! Just came back from a 3 day stay at the Drifting Sands Motel on Long Beach Island - second year in a row ! (We stayed in the Oceanview building). Clean and tastefully furnished rooms, lobby with coffee/bagels/packets of cookies for the guests in the AM, outdoor showers which the kids loved, and an extremely helpful staff. No pool, but the Atlantic Ocean is a few steps away! We will return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank maphyllis
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Highly Recommend:
The place is perfect in every way: Located in the center of LBI, the proximity to the beach, restaurants, attractions (Barnegat Lighthouse), entertainment (mini-golf, fantasy Island & arcades), retail shops, liquor and drug stores and all within walking distance of our room. The motel is on the beach with an incredible view of the ocean and sunrises.They keep the property pristine. The four buildings, the rooms, balconies, front office, lobby bathrooms, outdoor showers to wash the beach sand off and even the parking lot are all immaculate.cleanliness is the most important thing to me as I make it a priority in my business. The rooms were a perfect size for my family and we felt very safe and secure. Other guests were so polite and respectful, if anything my family of 6 was probably the loudest. .

The staff was delightful and very accommodating: beginning with Matt who helped me over the phone in finding the best value of the multiple choices they provide and booked our reservation to Carolyn who welcomed us on arrival, other staff who gave great recommendations on restaurants and attractions to Pat the owner who sent us home with a nice surprise on the mid-week special making a great value even greater.

My wife and I were looking to take the kids away but not sure of where we wanted to go. After multiple vacations in Newport and other NE spots we decided we wanted to try the Jersey shore. With my own business, planning a vacation in advance is impossible so we have to wing it. I felt finding a place would be a daunting task especially with our short of notice. I've always been reticent to stay in a private hotel/motel since most of our experiences with accommodations have always been on corporate properties, Though more up-to-date then many corporate properties I've stayed at, the Drifting Sands has that old time Americana motel feeling of what a family vacation was like as a kid. There were also many groups of young kids, teenagers to early 20's on holiday with friends that were very respectful, making the motel a true respite for all age groups, families and single folks alike.

How fortunate were we to stumble upon the place which made our vacation the perfect getaway. I told them I couldn't wait to go trip advisor and brag about there accommodations. For anyone wondering, yes, my business involves marketing and sales so I probably elaborate more then most folks on here, but I enjoy sharing my good experiences with others.

Highly Recommend

Room Tip: The only reason sleep quality was tough was because my wife and I sleep in a king but for the purpos...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VacationTony
Valley Cottage, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is our seventh year that we have returned to the Drifting Sands. We have become so loyal not only because of its fabulous location, spectacular ocean views and pristine cleanliness...but also for it's fabulous staff (Pat, Karen and Ellen...Thank you!)! I also have to applaud the night security guard. There was a rowdy group attending a wedding this weekend and he did a wonderful job handling the situation. My husband and I had a wonderful time this past weekend and we plan to come back in August!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle L
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

While I was trying to find a word for this Motel the best word I could think of was, STANK. My recent stay in Drifting SCAMS Motel Hell was terrible. First of all the cost for a 1 night stay was ridiculously overpriced (almost $400 a night). My family, friends and I were stalked by a Rogue employee driving a silver Jeep Wrangler who would scream while looking through the window of my balcony. LBI is one of my favorite vacation spots but I will never come here again. Unless you prefer torment, stinky carpets, and low life employees then this is your place. See the picture of the crazy Drifting Scams unidentified low life employees vehicle. Run for your lives!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Frank P
Milton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at the Drifting Sands during the week in July 2013, (buy 2 days get the third free). The 3rd floor room was very clean and our oceanfront room had a spectacular view! The room had all the normal conveniences with a small refrigerator & microwave. You can rent beach lounge chairs & umbrellas too. The staff was very pleasant & helpful. There is a great restaurant within walking distance (Raimondo's and it's BYOB) and several good places for breakfast also within walking distance. I would stay there again. It is great for families and couples. I would have expected this motel to be booked but it was very very quiet there. The entire island was actual very quiet but that is to be expected with the hit it took. I imagine next year things will be back to the normal. My guess is visitors are a bit leery this year. But if you can go this year do it. LBI needs us customers now to visit their merchants and help them up a build back up.

Room Tip: No elevator so keep the stairs in mind.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hizingers
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very friendly and courteous staff. Rooms were very clean. Convenient walk for breakfast. Stayed in the ocean view building. Beds were new and comfortable. Beach chairs and umbrellas were available. Beach looked great!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!