“Very nice stay!”

Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Our first stay at Drifting Sands was a pleasant surprise. We had an ocean front room with a balcony overlooking the sand and the surf. The room was a nice size, comfortable and clean. The beach is beautiful and you can walk to shops and restaurants. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandy1Ardsley

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have been here before and loved it so we were anxious to get back. I was worried about storm damage and hte possibility of it being less than it was before. NO WORRIES! Everything is perfect. The rooms are clean and the beds are so comfy. The beach looks great and the staff was delightful. We got a great rate and had just the best three nights ever.
I am laughing at the review below from "frank." He has no credibility as far as i am concerned!
You wont be disappointed here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4goingawayagain
Reviewed 13 August 2013

this was a nice place for a short stay of 3 days, if you were going to stay for a week or 2 it might be a little inconvienent. the room was very nice, overlooking the beach and ocean. the staff was very nice, the location was very nice, while they had coffee and bagels in the lobby, I could not make coffee in the room with the coffee and coffee pot they had in the room, and the package of coffee was awfull. the refridgerator was to small to really store anything in it. this might be a great place for collage kids, or a young family, but not older couples.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I go evey year. The oceanfront view is wonderful. The place is clean and quiet. They must be selective to be so quiet. The new mattresses are better than ours at home. They are a wonderful secret that we hate to share, but they deserve the review. Located in the center of LBI. Fabulous staff (Pat, Karen and Ellen) Thanks Everyone.
Dianne and Ed DiMella

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Great motel! Just came back from a 3 day stay at the Drifting Sands Motel on Long Beach Island - second year in a row ! (We stayed in the Oceanview building). Clean and tastefully furnished rooms, lobby with coffee/bagels/packets of cookies for the guests in the AM, outdoor showers which the kids loved, and an extremely helpful staff. No pool, but the Atlantic Ocean is a few steps away! We will return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank maphyllis
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Highly Recommend:
The place is perfect in every way: Located in the center of LBI, the proximity to the beach, restaurants, attractions (Barnegat Lighthouse), entertainment (mini-golf, fantasy Island & arcades), retail shops, liquor and drug stores and all within walking distance of our room. The motel is on the beach with an incredible view of the ocean and sunrises.They keep the property pristine. The four buildings, the rooms, balconies, front office, lobby bathrooms, outdoor showers to wash the beach sand off and even the parking lot are all immaculate.cleanliness is the most important thing to me as I make it a priority in my business. The rooms were a perfect size for my family and we felt very safe and secure. Other guests were so polite and respectful, if anything my family of 6 was probably the loudest. .

The staff was delightful and very accommodating: beginning with Matt who helped me over the phone in finding the best value of the multiple choices they provide and booked our reservation to Carolyn who welcomed us on arrival, other staff who gave great recommendations on restaurants and attractions to Pat the owner who sent us home with a nice surprise on the mid-week special making a great value even greater.

My wife and I were looking to take the kids away but not sure of where we wanted to go. After multiple vacations in Newport and other NE spots we decided we wanted to try the Jersey shore. With my own business, planning a vacation in advance is impossible so we have to wing it. I felt finding a place would be a daunting task especially with our short of notice. I've always been reticent to stay in a private hotel/motel since most of our experiences with accommodations have always been on corporate properties, Though more up-to-date then many corporate properties I've stayed at, the Drifting Sands has that old time Americana motel feeling of what a family vacation was like as a kid. There were also many groups of young kids, teenagers to early 20's on holiday with friends that were very respectful, making the motel a true respite for all age groups, families and single folks alike.

How fortunate were we to stumble upon the place which made our vacation the perfect getaway. I told them I couldn't wait to go trip advisor and brag about there accommodations. For anyone wondering, yes, my business involves marketing and sales so I probably elaborate more then most folks on here, but I enjoy sharing my good experiences with others.

Highly Recommend

Room Tip: The only reason sleep quality was tough was because my wife and I sleep in a king but for the purpos...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VacationTonyC
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is our seventh year that we have returned to the Drifting Sands. We have become so loyal not only because of its fabulous location, spectacular ocean views and pristine cleanliness...but also for it's fabulous staff (Pat, Karen and Ellen...Thank you!)! I also have to applaud the night security guard. There was a rowdy group attending a wedding this weekend and he did a wonderful job handling the situation. My husband and I had a wonderful time this past weekend and we plan to come back in August!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Brigantine
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
#1 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!