“Pro's outweighed Con's”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Milford, Connecticut
“Pro's outweighed Con's”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have a family of five. This was our first vacation to LBI. Friends were renting a house approx 1.5 miles from Drifting Sands Motel. We stayed in an efficiency unit for 4 nights.
The first imression of the unit was that it was "old and musty". As we settled in we found the unit to be very clean, very convient to stores and beach, and had incredibly comfortable beds.
We liked having a kitchen and having two bedrooms, (king bed with TV, and two queens with TV). We also liked having the 20ft deck where we could keep our coolers and lay our towels out to dry. The room was a little pricey but they did have a deal, "stay 2 nights during the week and receive a 3rd night free". The wifi was sketchy, only able to connect with one of our devices. We would most likely stay there again if going for less then a week.

1 Thank Fjmlc5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first trip to this hotel and to LBI. We just needed a few nights, something close to the beach was a must. After a lot of searching I came upon this hotel. I have to say we were pleasntly suprised. I was traveling with my husband and 2 small children. The staff made us feel welcomed, they room was clean and we had a great view. The location is fantastic, on the beach, and near stores and restaurants. I would stay here again!
The only wishes I have is that there was an outdoor shower or pool to get the sand off before going to the room. And I wish they had on line reservations. But they reservation process was quick and efficient.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been going down to LBI since I was in my early 20's with no kids. Obviously times have changed And I picked Drifting Sands bc of the location on the island.....peaceful:) I can't believe I have never stayed here before. For an older hotel, the updates, the cleanliness, the accessibility and the service were all fantastic! I was shocked as to how clean this place was. I am a stickler and they surpassed my expectations. We had an ocean view room which was absolutely perfect. The kids slept like babies while I enjoyed a nice glass of wine on the back deck listening to the waves:) The front desk staff and owner were extremely friendly and I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends!

• Stayed July 2014
Valley Cottage, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

There truly is no better place on LBI. We have been staying at the Drifting Sands for the past 8 summers and it never disappoints!! The location is excellent, the staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. We look forward to many more summer vacations spent at this wonderful establishment!

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It's a decent hotel. It's kinda expensive for what your getting. It's just a normal hotel. The rooms are clean sure..but it's got that old hotel smell. The staff was ok, I didn't really deal with them. I stayed in the first floor beach view, you can sorta see the beach..the dunes block your view, so I would suggest get a 2nd or 3rd floor. Dunno if shelling out $300 plus for a shore hotel is really a value for anyone...but I mean it was clean and it's in the middle of LBI so it's only a drive either way to wherever you wanna go.

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd floor beach front rooms. You can't see a thing on the first floor