“Overpriced”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Dayton, Ohio
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at Drifting Sands for two nights while attending a wedding on Long Beach Island. The check-in process was efficient. We stayed in the Oceanbreeze building. My initial impression of the exterior of the property was disappointment. For $250/night, I expected a much classier establishment. I initially had a first floor room while my grandmother had a second floor room. We decided to switch rooms due to her limited mobility. The front desk staff handled this change with ease. Once I settled in my room, I found it to be very clean but lacking in amenities. The sheets had a weird texture that made it difficult to get comfortable and the bathroom products were mediocre. During the entire stay, the air conditioner never seemed to take the humidity out of the room. However, the room did stay cool. On the second day, the housekeeping staff did not show up to freshen my room until late afternoon when I was getting ready for the wedding. The staff was around the building all morning but never made it to my room. During my first shower, I adjusted the hot water and the nozzle came off. I had pure hot water shooting at me from where the nozzle was supposed to be. Thankfully, my handy husband was able to replace the nozzle. On my last morning, I was blow drying my hair and the electricity to the entire room went out, excluding the air conditioner. The electricity in my in-laws room (next door) went out at the same time too. I immediately called the front desk and they promptly responded. The power was back on within minutes. However, when I tried to finish drying my hair, the power went out again. Again, the front desk responded promptly. It seems my entire room and half of my in-laws room was on the same circuit. When I reported all these problems to the front desk staff at check-out they took notes. I had hoped for some compensation but they did not offer anything.

My grandmother and aunt who stayed on the first floor had a rowdy bunch of guys staying above her. Unfortunately, my aunt was unable to sleep due to the noise. We learned from the front desks staff that the security guard responded to other complains regarding the same guys 4 times that night but did not succeed in addressing.

At the wedding, several guests were talking. No one I talked to had a positive impression of this hotel. If this hotel was anywhere besides the Jersey shore, I would expect to pay less than $80/night. I would not recommend this hotel. If you have to go to Long Beach Island, stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jesswess27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you do not book the $350.00 newly renov rooms you will not have clean carpet floors,mildew/musty smelling room, electric in bathroom, quiet running A/C units. We actually showered and walk one the rug only to get black feet. This is clearly the bottom of the ship. Over rated....

Room Tip: If you enjoy spending $350 get into the newer rooms also with no pool recreation or gym amenities. F...
3 Thank Rena9823
nj
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed there last week
The room was clean and comfortable, Staff helpful with anything you need
Right on the beach with beach chares available to rent.
Great Mexican restaurant on the corner.
Go and enjoy a great beach experience.

1 Thank mikenjNj
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This motel is great! I stayed there for 3 nights last week, but wish that i could stay. If you want quality without having to pay the price of "Chain Hotels", Drifting Sands is your place. All the staff are super friendly. Keep in mind that the location of this motel is a HUGE plus. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PuntaCanaTimeshare
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have a family of five. This was our first vacation to LBI. Friends were renting a house approx 1.5 miles from Drifting Sands Motel. We stayed in an efficiency unit for 4 nights.
The first imression of the unit was that it was "old and musty". As we settled in we found the unit to be very clean, very convient to stores and beach, and had incredibly comfortable beds.
We liked having a kitchen and having two bedrooms, (king bed with TV, and two queens with TV). We also liked having the 20ft deck where we could keep our coolers and lay our towels out to dry. The room was a little pricey but they did have a deal, "stay 2 nights during the week and receive a 3rd night free". The wifi was sketchy, only able to connect with one of our devices. We would most likely stay there again if going for less then a week.

1 Thank Fjmlc5
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first trip to this hotel and to LBI. We just needed a few nights, something close to the beach was a must. After a lot of searching I came upon this hotel. I have to say we were pleasntly suprised. I was traveling with my husband and 2 small children. The staff made us feel welcomed, they room was clean and we had a great view. The location is fantastic, on the beach, and near stores and restaurants. I would stay here again!
The only wishes I have is that there was an outdoor shower or pool to get the sand off before going to the room. And I wish they had on line reservations. But they reservation process was quick and efficient.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been going down to LBI since I was in my early 20's with no kids. Obviously times have changed And I picked Drifting Sands bc of the location on the island.....peaceful:) I can't believe I have never stayed here before. For an older hotel, the updates, the cleanliness, the accessibility and the service were all fantastic! I was shocked as to how clean this place was. I am a stickler and they surpassed my expectations. We had an ocean view room which was absolutely perfect. The kids slept like babies while I enjoyed a nice glass of wine on the back deck listening to the waves:) The front desk staff and owner were extremely friendly and I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends!

• Stayed July 2014
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!