All reviews ocean front oceanfront room room was clean first floor nice balcony assigned parking corner room long beach island front desk staff off season wet bar convenient location the jersey shore ocean view building favorite spot coffee maker king bed
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This place was pretty disgusting. Beds were literally the most uncomfortable mattresses I’ve slept on. There was a leak in the ceiling above our shower, so when the people above us showered, we got their dirty shower water on our heads. Ughh, Gross!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Anne L, General Manager at Drifting Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

On behalf of the entire Drifting Sands team, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced. In an effort to restore your faith in our facility and service, please contact the hotel directly so that we may discuss the matter and resolve it to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed. I reserved an oceanview room with actual views even partial to find out only the building name is “Oceanview” but there is no actual view at all. I would have had to reserve the “oceanfront” building to have an oceanview. My definition of oceanview is to actually have an ocean view. My confirmation from the hotel itself clearly stated... Room Type- Oceanview King with private balcony. Yes I had a balcony but it was far from private. Everyone on the street could clearly see everything I was doing.
In addition, the hotel allowed a bunch of minors (preteens)to have their own room (next to us and NOT next to their parents) and were up until almost 3am screaming and banging stuff. You can not call the front desk from the room phone. I had to stumble at 2:30 am with my cell phone and look up the main number so I can complain about the loud kids next door.
The fridge did not work well and the freezer was not a freezer. And the room was not very clean. This could actually be a really nice place and the employees were very nice but the management is much to be desired.
They did try to blame TripAdvisor but I said that this is clearly their deception not TripAdvisors. I would not go back again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018

The Drifting Sands is an average Hotel but being right on the beach is incredible . I will go back again this year around the same time., and for many years to come. The only draw back by going at this time of the year is there isn’t many places open. But the advantage is the peace and quiet.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Pat389B
Anne L, General Manager at Drifting Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Drifting Sands in the near future!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We really enjoyed our short stay at Drifing Sands. Took my kids there for a few days and it was much better than expected. That probably has much to do with LBI being much nicer than expected. The hotel is right on the beach with fantastic views. Close to the main bridge. Rooms were nicer and cleaner than expected as well. Most of all, the folks in reception were super friendly to me and my young children. Always willing to give advice on where to go and restaurant suggestions. We stayed in an upgraded rooms with a porch and a sideways view of the sea. Loved it. Easy parking as well. The beach right in front is a 9 out of 10. Very clean both the beach and the water. Lifeguards right there. Water shallow so perfect for young children. Probably better than most beaches in Europe (except for some stunners in Greece). I was in the Algarve last summer and this beach beats it hands down. My review is based on my expectations. This isn't a 5 star hotel like a Mandarian Oriental. It's exactly what I was after and it was nicer than I expected which made for a fantastic break. If I can come next year for longer, I'd very much be looking forward to it. Great find !

Room Tip: Upgrade and get a nicer room with a bit of a view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Anne L, General Manager at Drifting Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review and your kind compliments! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Drifting Sands!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The rooms were nice and clean, but most of all, the hosts were so accommodating, kind and friendly, especially Melanie at the desk! Thank you, Melanie, for helping make our stay at Drifting Sands so enjoyable!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review and kind comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Drifting Sands in the near future!