“Great Breakfast Place”

Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Sand Box Café offers one of the best breakfast menus on the island. Their menu is unique. Great stuffed French toast, great Parmesan baked egg -- everything on the menu is great. You are eating outside under the trees and umbrellas, so the atmosphere is very nice. Only downside is that the Sand Box has gotten so popular, there is usually at least a 20 minute or more wait to be seated. There is usually a line outside the café before 8:00 when they open. However, the wait is worth it.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Parmesan baked egg....YUM! Very friendly service and great food. The menu is as eclectic as the decor....so much fun! Its too bad we were only there for the weekend because I would have gone back numerous times just to be able to try something different each time, so hard to choose just one menu item, everything sounds so good. While the line was long, we waited only about 15-20 minutes...and it was worth it.

1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We came here two days in a row - it was about an hour wait each time but completely worth it! The food was amazing!

1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a wonderful, happy cafe in Ship Bottom on LBI. Friends told us about this place and we headed over for breakfast on a typical busy, Sunday morning on the island. The pleasant gentleman at the entrance told us it would be 20-30 minutes wait. Our friends said it would be worth the wait, and it was. TIme passed quickly sitting on the provided bench and we were actually seated in 15 minutes at very nice little table for four outside under the cover of trees and plants. The generous menu selection made us want to order all that was available. I of course had to give my "gluten/lactose free" speech which the friendly waitress was fine with.
I had an omelet with fresh cut mushrooms, spinach, and onions which was delicious. My husband had their incredible Parmesan Eggs which he still raves about. The portions were just right and the food was worth waiting for. The atmosphere is very laid back, island-like. Our food arrived and it was incredibly delicious - Obviously made from scratch and with very good ingredients. (My taste buds are super sensitive to anything other than real, wholesome ingredients). Really enjoyed my eating experience here, Will absolutely go back there on my next visit to LBI in October.

1  Thank WinHe
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Went here for lunch the other day and was really impressed! Great atmosphere, great service and amazing food. We had empanadas, fish tacos, the sizzler special (peach/blueberry), crepe special (mango/strawberry/blueberry) and a salad. Everything was wonderful. We're looking forward to returning again soon! Would love to try breakfast, but I hear that you have to get there pretty early to beat the crowd.