“The reviews are accurate! ”
Review of Sand Box Cafe

Sand Box Cafe
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the Sand Box Cafe for a late breakfast. The owners greeted us and were very friendly. Our waitress was their daughter, she was so awesome and definitely assisted with the pleasant atmosphere. I had waffles with peaches, so delicious. The peaches were so fresh and the waffles tasted home made. My boyfriend had a special, the tropical crepes and loved them. We couldn't have been happer. Everything was so wonderful.

1  Thank Theresa W

Reviewed 29 July 2014

How has this place not been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives?! It's literally perfect! Packed with its friendly owners and staff, colorful decor, and mouth-watering food, this cozy little cafe has it all! If you're looking for a truly unforgettable breakfast, be sure to check out this hidden gem of Long Beach Island. I promise it will be well worth your time!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have heard for three years how awesome this place was and finally got around to trying it.
My boyfriend and I knew going in that in high season this place is packed so we were ready for
the wait. Vinny told us a half hour and it was just about that. Everyone was relaxed waiting even the kids and dogs. The menu was very creative and Vinny answered lots of our questions about
preparation and ingredients as we waited. We were seated and Justin the waiter appeared instantly taking our drink orders. He was knowledgeable about the menu, the history and the remarkable decorations. We were in a fun mood instantly. We both loved this place even before the food was served. Bob ordered the sizzler. We were told it would take twenty minutes to make. I ordered the waffles and a side of sausage. While we were waiting Dana, an owner came by to welcome us. Great touch. The food was crazy good. Bob's looked like a fluffy berry pie and he was in heaven. I have never had better waffles. Light as air and real maple syrup and the sausage was well done and deliciously lean. We will be back!!

2  Thank Mermaid1207
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Sand Box Cafe is a wonderful place for breakfast or lunch. The outside decor and exceptional menu make the experience one not to be missed. The famous sizzler is a crowd pleaser. Look forward to eating here on every visit to the island. So happy to have a place like this!

1  Thank Jackie V
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just had breakfast here this morning and it was delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and the omelettes and pancakes were fantastic. I met one of the owners Vinny and he takes great pride in the establishment. The decorations were entertaining and the fountain in the middle of the Cafe was a neat touch. Definitely coming back again.