“Good Choice For Solid Italian”
Review of Pinziminio Market - CLOSED

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Family went last night. Had a good meal and good service. The eggplant appetizer was very good (and big) and the fried calamari was excellent! Main courses were generally solid with a couple a little sub par but not bad. We were 8 so they added a 20% tip - a little steep in my view but the service was good. Prices typical for LBI - no bargains here.

1  Thank DanoNJ

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My daughter went in the beginning of the season and loved loved loved this restaurant. (We have friends who love it also.) She was dying to take my husband and I there all summer. Finally we got the opportunity. Well, we had one of the worst meals ever, regardless of price! My daughter was also so upset. She even ordered things (like tuna tartare) that she had previously and loved and this time it was awful! Was fishy and frankly bad. I ordered chicken rollatini which was supposed to be rolled and stuffed with cheese and spinach. I got 2 chunky pieces that were definitely NOT rolled and the only cheese in both pieces total amounted to possibly the size of a half dollar...maybe! I think the most disappointing thing of the night was that our server knew we weren't happy because she heard us talking, but never offered to do anything about it. And, i think this is the first time in recent memory (if ever) that a server has not asked how was everything.....she knew. While I know people rave about it. I would definitely not go back, because clearly at best it's hit or miss and I'd rather not gamble my money on a meal!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had the Linguini and Clams and it was delicious! The flavors married very well. Could've added a few more clams though. The service was excellent and I really liked the BYOB part. The bill was pretty pricey but that did cut the cost down. This is a great place to try once.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We went to this establishment on a Friday night with a party of 12. Three of the 12 were children under 5. At the time the reservation was made, the restaurant was made aware of this, and all that was said was they do not provide booster seats or high chairs. We arrived a few minutes before our 6:00 pm reservation as requested. The restaurant is a large open room and it is quite loud when full. The meal was good and when we were just about finished, my one year old niece started to scream. Not crying, or long continuous screaming, just happy screams of delight. No one was encouraging the screaming, but she is a baby, and this is how she communicates happiness. My brother and sister-in-law were in the process of giving her a binky to try and minimize the noise when the owner came running over to the table in a frazzled state shreiking "you have to help me with this! You have to help me with this!" We were dumbfounded. It was extremely rude. We asked for the check, and when several family members approached this woman about her attitiude, all she did was say "Thank You" about one hundred times and dismiss each and every one of them.

If the owner does not want children in her establishment, that is fine. She should have a policy that states that. In a family friendly place like Long Beach Island, you are bound to encounter a baby in a restaurant. My niece is a very happy little girl and yes, at times loud. Her parents were trying to quiet her down. The owner needs to take a course in people skills. She was obnoxious and rude. We had been to this restaurant several times in the past, and even brought friends on this visit. We will never return and have advised our friends of the same. If you have kids...BEWARE! STAY AWAY FROM PINZIMINIOS ON 87th STREET IN LBI!!!

1  Thank Iluvtocruise
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Kitchen can't handle a Saturday night crowd so the waitress tells a large party it's their fault for not telling her the service is slow.
There are much more accomodating places on LBI with better food and much better service