The place presnted well in the online photo, and the price seemed right, so it felt like a good place to bunk while visiting family in the area. The owners were welcoming, and the room seemed clean, so I was happy at first - for about 15 seconds.
Then I found that there was no place to put my suitcase and no desk. To my shock, the place was lit by a huge overhead flourescent fixture, ala cheap Wallmart. The ambiance was further enhanced by the lack of hangers or fixture cover over the 'vanity' area. The TV was just about impossible to work, and there were no directions for its operation; there wasn't even a phone book to read. Needless to say, I went to bed early, as there was nothing elso to do!
Morning brought its own problems: the lack of a coffee pot forced me to seek a place selling coffee in the area - but I was COMPLETELY unprepared for the black hole outside my door: every light had been extinguished for the night, and I almost killed myself groping to find my car in the dark. They had even turned off all the motel signs! (However, I couldn't blame them for not wanting anyone to know that they ran this dreadful motel, let alone have anyone find it.)
It's actually quite sad, as the owners seem nice enough. But their establishment would appear to be best classified as a relatively new American motel which is equipped and run to mediochre third world standards at best. Unless you yearn for a night in the most outlying place in rural Pakistan, I suggest you look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A Good Night's Sleep" Newly Built Smoke Free Red Carpet Inn is ideally located for Business and Vacation travelers. Just minutes away from Atlantic City*s World Famous, Always Turned On and Luxurious non-stop24 hrs. Casinos, Beautiful Beaches and Boardwalk. Excellent Shopping in Quality Retail Outlets on THE WALK, Charter Boat Fishing, Sailing Charters, Gondola Rides, Kayaking, High Voltage Nightclubs,Local Wineries, Amusement Pier and Arcades, Championship Golf Courses,Boardwalk Convention Hall, Atlantic City International Airport and Medical Center, FAA Technical Center, Ocean City, Wildwood, Cape Mayand HISTORIC SMITHVILLE JUST A MINUTE AWAY. Amenities include FREE WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS, Business Center, Unlimited Phone calls, Continental Breakfast and Daily Newspaper. In Room 32 inch LCD TV and Over 70 Cable Channels, MINI FRIDGE, MICROWAVE, Coffee Maker and Iron-Iron Board. In Bathroom Granite Furnish Vanity, Specious Shower Curved Rod and Hairdryer. Onsite Guest laundry, fax, copy service. Fantastic Large Jacuzzi rooms and for honeymooners and couples on relaxing getaways. Come stay for a great vacation and a good nights rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Inn And Suites Smithville
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville Hotel Smithville