“Disgusting!”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville
Ranked #2 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Do not stay there! disgusting room, dead bugs everywhere! We asked to have another room and it was the same thing!! The person there just told us: "you know, it's nature" . NO it's not! Clearly these bugs were dead there for a long time! and it's kind of your job to have clean room for clients! I had to be rude with the person there to make her understand that this is not acceptable. So we left (and she charged us partially for that!), but I couldn't sleep there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustineCo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quick night away that was close to home. We wanted to stay at the shore but everything was either sold out or way overpriced, we had given up the idea until we found this hotel listed and it was only 30 minutes from the shore. When we arrived the clerk was very nice and tried to sell us the upgraded room with a jacuzzi but we passed on that. So, we took our key and opened the door and to our surprise we had been given the Jacuzzi room for the same price, which was great! But, we were also greeted by an overwhelming musty and moldy smell in the room. It was so strong we had to go out right away and find air freshener, fortunately CVS was still open. After, bombing the room with Citrus Breeze glade and placing air fresheners all the room, it was bearable. Other than the odor problem it was a decent room and a good location and I got to use a Jacuzzi for the 1st time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AtlanticCity R, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Thank you for the review. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. This property is under new management. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us still we will try our best to make your stay more warm and comfortable next time. We hope to see you in near future.
Thank you.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had very bad experience in that hotel. the quality of this hotel is a motel. the front desk person is terrible and very unfriendly. I was booked through travel agent because the hotels around area I will be located were booked due to holiday season. they charged me $200 for a king bed room. it is definitely overly charged. the quality of the hotel is not worthy that much of money. I was very angry about this. I argued with the front dest person. he is very remote and simply said he didn't get the money but travel agent got the money.

what's kind of relation between hotel and travel agent?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ping l
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Before booking the hotel I searched for reviews but unfortunately I got confused and read the reviews of the Red carpet inn, the one conveniently located close to Atlantic City boardwalk. The hotel staff said that the casinos and boardwalk are close like 7 miles, but is actually 13. Paid $70 for a room that was dirty, smelly, with overly used towers and with a joke of a breakfast. The bed was screeching terribly, I was afraid i'll wake up my husband when turning. The bathroom was dirty, the door was not closing properly. This hotel was even below my lowest expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank M S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had the worst customer service of my life. I made the prepaid reservation at 145 and after realizing that I had lost my credit card attempted to cancel not 10 minutes later when informed that I would have to pay for the lodgings anyway I went to extreme effort by driving over 60 miles to go to my bank to replace the list card. I was informed on my return that I had to be penalized the nights room rate and that despite paying in full already I would not be allowed to lodge. Hotel.com even tried to intercede on my behalf but despite paying for the room in full I was simply rebuffed with a single word. "Policy". I never sought a refund. All that I wanted was the nights lodging that I paid for on the same night I paid for. Disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Winnernightssleep
Reviewed 21 July 2013

When I first got there, the guy at the front desk wasn't friendly. All he said was "ID and credit card", after he typed on his computer, he slapped my key on the desk.
The room is small, the television didn't have many channels, the sheets on the bed were of the lowest quality you can buy and the towels looked like they were once white but are now a yellow color. The neighbors were loud as well.
What can you expect for the low price though? All I needed was a place to stay for a couple days, but if you desire an experience go some place else!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We just got back from spending two nights at Red Carpet Inn. Every year we got to New Jersey for fourth of July weekend. Last year we stayed at a Red Carpet Inn and we liked it. However, I was really disappointed. And I feel like they took advantage of us and stole from us. We booked the place through hotwire.com. We paid for the room and everything. We were on a tight budget but could afford the price. It wasn't until we got there that we were told that since we booked it online and made the reservations ahead of time, they would charge us an extra $3 a night. I guess because of that we felt totally taken advantage of. I feel like the clientele should be told that when they book the trip. What were we to do? We were in a new area and it was 10 p.m. at night. So what were we gonna do but pay the xtra money. And it added up because we were there more than one night. If that wasn't bad enough- when we booked the motel we were told that it had free continental breakfast. Which was very important to us. I have a severe medical condition. And if I don't eat as soon as I get up in the morning I need to eat something almost immediately or I get really sick due to my blood sugars dropping. I looked on the papers where we booked online and it said that free continntental breakfast included, therefore I did not pack any breakfast. We get there and we are told that no, we cannot have any breakfast. They said they don't serve breakfasts except on the weekend. I was really upset about this due to the fact that I have a severe medical condition with blood sugar and we had specifically looked and it said it included breakfast. I cannot tell you how upset I was. iIF YOU DONT' SERVE BREAKFAST THEN IT SHOULD NOT SAY FREE BREAKFAST INCLUDED ON THE RESERVATIONS WE PRINTED OUT. IT SHOULD SAY THAT BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED. THIS IS LYING..... We got to our room. It was really hot outside. The air conditioner in the hotel room was NOT turned on. The room was all hot and stuffy. When we left since we were staying another night we left the air conditioner on thinking it would be nice and cool when we got back. No, we were wrong. Someone went into our room and turned the air off!! It was over 9o degrees outside and you f'ing turn our air off? You've got to be kidding me. Not only that in the couple days we stayed there- never once was there a fullsize towel in our room. It was my husband and I in the room and all we had was a little hand towel. We will NOT be staying there ever again!!!!!! And we found roaches in the room!!! So disgusting!!!! We definitely were not given what we paid for and I will not be ripped off like that again. You are lied to when you book the reservation obviously and I will not be lied to!!!! THat is such horrible customer service!! And it was like they didn't even care that we were lied to. THey did nothing to make it right. We were never told when checkout time is. So we figured it was 12. Before 11:30 we were getting ready and packing everything up. We get a phone call and it was the hotel manager asking when the heck we were gonna check out!! Such poor and rude customer service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chipper C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon
Garden State Inn
#4 of 26 in Absecon
The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville? Share your experiences!