“family style attention.......WOW”

Ranked #2 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“family style attention.......WOW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

i have never had such pleasing,helpful staff.Jenny and her husband were just Great. For a small inn it was very quite,great location for many intresting things to see or do. Jenny was very helpful that way also. They are people who like people....very special. I only all trips away from home was this type. Thank you Jenny and spouse.........truly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
RedCarpetInnManager, Owner at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Gentle-person
I truly understand each of your words. I am extremely sorry from my heart. I am owner of the property another guy just manage the property for last couple of years but we already evicted and we get back and run our self. After we took charge this people did lots of mess still we try to clean day by day operation...we already put coffee maker, iron-iron board, change bed spread, outside lighting also change amenities like shower cap, lotion and facial tissue etc.....please feel free and call next time at 609-665-9446 and ask for Nick, I will take care just like family....

Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

One room in Smithville NJ. Quoted price $129 per night. A little steep for the facilities/location but we were desperate. THEN... a 22% city tax (22%?) and a $10 room handling fee (what?) brings us over $150 per night. Place was billed as "brand new". It was actually just refurbished (shoddily, at that). We were given a room that smelled of cigarette smoke. Asked for a different one. Hair dryer didn't work. Nails sticking out of the carpet. We had 2 bath towels and 3 washcloths - no hand towels. Just as well, I guess since they were so bad we ended up with road rash from using them anyway. Finishing touch - ice machine filled with water instead of ice. Run! Save yourself!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville

Travellers are raving about these Smithville hotels

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stopped at approximately 2AM to see if they had a room. They did but at $125!! And that was supposidly the AAA rate. It was late and since we did not know what may be up the road we took it. The clerk gave us a key (not a key card) and we went to room 110. To our surprise there was a woman and 2 kids already sleeping in the room! Not sure how that happens when there are regular keys for the room. I went back to the office and he gave me the key for another room assuring me that it was empty and clean. There was no remote for the TV, no hand towels, stained wash cloths, broken lamps a paper bath mat, tiny soap, no hair dryer even though there was a holder in the bath room next to the tiny sink, no handles on any of the dressers or end tables and a very uncomfortable bed.

When I complained to the manager in the morning when we left (about 5 hours after we checked in) he said that I should have told him when I checked in. Obviously I was not about to do that at 2AM. When I complained further and asked for a discount saying that the room was not worth $125 he said that he could not do that since he had already processed the credit card. We all know that is not true. I didn't even get an itemized statement showing the room cost and the individual taxes charged.

Do not stay here. They are a rip off.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

PNW
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

We cancelled the final nights stay (of our original reservation) over the phone the day before arrival, and then verified it when we checked in. We verified it because when cancelling it I wasn't sure (because of the clerk's bad English) whether he had really understood. When we were ready to check out there was no record that we had cancelled the final night and the clerk was very rude about it and refused to cancel us without charge. We agreed to stay the "EXTRA" night so we wouldn't lose money, changing our travel schedule. Later on they had to call us to move us out of our room so that somebody else could have a floor on the lower level. They had probably promised somebody that room because we had CANCELLED THAT NIGHT.

So if you make any changes GET THEM IN WRITING!!

The room itself was adequate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
RedCarpetInnManager, Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, 29 November 2009
Hello, Im the manager of Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville NJ

I understand what you are trying to say, but the only reason we had messed up your reservation was because you did not give us your credit card number. Without the credit card number we can reserve any rooms. After we relized you did not give us your credit card number, we called you about 3-4 times and even left a message.

* I am very sorry about that. *

Thankyou.
galloway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

This Motel is Awsome and they have great staff. The maid is a little wosy but the staff and service and breakfast is great 9 out of 10

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank hotellover66

New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

This was the most disgusting hotel i have ever stayed it. They charged me 100 because it was a holiday weekend. The only reason why i stayed was because all the hotels in the area were book and if i didnt put the room already on my card i would have rather slepted in the car.

First off, I walked in the room and gagged on the smell of paint thinner. I took off the comforter and saw a PEE STAIN. I looked down the matress and saw a spider on the mattress.

Second, the room is the size of a cube. There is a tiny square matt in the bathroom. Holes in the wall. Which the bathroom smelled like it had not been properly cleaned.

Lastly, sometime during my 3 hour sleep..someone had tried getting into my room. They knocked for a while and then just pushed the door hard until they had entered my room. Luckly, it was a person who realized they were in the wrong room. BUT HONESTLY THE DOOR SHOULD PROPERLY LOCK!!!!

I slept for a couple of hours. and i lefted as soon as i could.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s0643867

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

The penny pinching really shows at this hotel. New construction but corner cutting at every turn really takes away from what "could have been". Walls are paper thin and I mean "Paper thin" Room is decent size and equipt with a micro wave and mini fridge (both worked) Ultra cheap furniture and bed. If you do stay here I recommend bringing your own bath towel and toilet paper

Over priced at 40.00 a night. This is a 25.00 hotel at best

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
RedCarpetInnManager, Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, 26 February 2010
I am sorry for the late responce.

We understand very well about what your tyring to say about the walls & the constuction. It is not our fault. We bought this place already as it is, someone else had conctusted it. This summer we are trying our best to imporove our quality. This is actully our first experience for motel line, so we are still new! We are going to take the time out to imporve our service, soaps, towels, and ect. Thankyou for telling us what we need to impprove. We hope that in the forture if you have more suggestions you can feel free to tell us and we will try to improve it.

Thanks again for your suggestion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#10 of 18 in Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville? Share your experiences!