“Unbelievable--not in a good way.”
Review of AJ's On the Lake - CLOSED

AJ's On the Lake
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is the first review I have ever done.
My wife, children, and mother-in-law made their first trip to Smithville today and were very excited about the visit after hearing about the area. They arrived and immediately went to your restaurant for lunch around 12:30. My mother-in-law ordered tater tots and were told you were out of them (it was 12:30 and already out of something?). Ok, no problem. She then ordered sweet potato fries. Guess what...you didn't have any. She then ordered Clam Chowder and to no ones surprise...sold out as well. My daughter ordered chicken tenders....and you will never guess...sold out. What type of restaurant runs out of things at 12:30?
I guess who says they run out of things when they really didn't. To my family's surprise, you were not out of 3/4 of these items (at least). They know this because the tables next to them ORDERED them and received them. This was including a table the same waitress was waiting on. Is this the incredible service one should expect from your establishment? Yes, that is sarcasm. I find it hard to imagine this would happen.
The server was a woman in her 40's-early 50's with shoulder length, curly blond hair. No one in the party can remember her name.

It is a disgrace and pretty much ensures there is no reason to come back there.

I'd give this place a zero if I could.

2  Thank Jerry4564

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Came here after going to celinas mulberry ( closed breakfast at 11am) :(
Then going to Shea's , (30 min wait) so came here since they serve breakfast all day, ( yay) had the veggie egg quesadilla , was excellent, home fries were yummy, as well as coffee, will def come here again, the waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Cute atmosphere ... Think old lake house .. Very friendly and the food is pretty good. This restaurant is located in the charming Smithville Village.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really sweet owner, nice staff, very tasty food. We ordered two coconut French toasts and some coffee. Excellent. The tab was 47.00. Too pricey for Smithville. Sorry.

1  Thank Bennynsue
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Maybe because it was very early in the season (March) but we were very disappointed in our recent lunch at AJ's. DH had 2 hot dogs and cole slaw for lunch. Hot dogs were hot but looked wrinkled as if they had been sitting around-- rolls were stale. When mentioned to the waitress she seemed shocked and said it was a recent delivery. Cole slaw was delicious! I had scrambled eggs that were barely edible...strong flavor of something undetermined. When I asked the waitress she had no idea what it was. Toast was cold and soggy...bacon was good. We've eaten there before and had great sandwiches/wraps. Stick to them!