“Simply Great”

The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville
Ranked #1 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Went to Smithville for Irish Festival. What a wonderful experience. From our initial greeting at the Colonical Inn check-in, to our clean, and spacious rooms. We travelled with another couple, and had rooms 106 and 107, that share a common hallway so we could close the outside door and go between our rooms. Both rooms have doors that lead to outside decks. Coffee was served right outside our doors at 7am, and our breakfast baskets (choice of muffin or croisant; juice, and yougurt, was ready at 8am. The Inn is located in the back end of the Village. There is also a small restaurant past the merrygoround, that serves a good breakfast if the basket isn't enough. This was a great place for our central location, which we were doing all wineries in the area. Highly recommend

Room Tip: If travelling with another couple, take rooms 106 and 107.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband bought me a gift certificate to the Colonial Inn and let me tell you, it is very popular. It is booked months in advance for weekends. That is why we decided to play hooky and stay for a night mid-week. Our reception at the desk was warm, but I felt like the woman was a machine--giving her canned hello, here's what you get, etc. Our room was beautiful and the bathroom, too. It had a steam shower, which fascinated my husband, and I enjoyed a warm bath in the deep tub. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were hard. I loved that the room looked over the lake. It was the Leeds Room. We were offered tea, coffee and shortbread when we arrived and had a croissant and muffin for breakfast. Our only problem? We wished we could have stayed another night!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband & I have stayed at the Colonial Inn numerous times and each time is better than the next. The property is lovely, the rooms are beautiful, each with tasteful, quaint country themes, and the staff are welcoming and wonderful. We can't say enough about Tracy Walsh--not only is she professional, accomodating and helpful, she is truly a delight to deal with. She makes the process of booking rooms so easy! The last time we arrived we were exhausted, and Tracy made sure we had plenty of cookies and cool beverages to take with us to the room (customer service at its best). The shops on the property are really nice (crafts, clothes, jewelry, etc) and the grounds with the view of the lake are beautiful. Most important, the rooms are IMMACULATE. I truly have never been to such a clean property in my life, and the bathrooms (modern and gorgeous). I would highly recommend this Inn to everyone. Whether you choose a room in the main building, a room amongst the stores or in The Barn (we've stayed in them all), you can't go wrong,they are all so "comfy" (anytime of year). Enjoy your stay!!! Stacy & Joe B, Whitestone, NY

2  Thank Stacy11357
colonialinnkeeper, Manager at The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Stacy and Joe,
Thank you for taking time to tell others about our Inn and well...thank you for the kind words about me:O). Welcoming people to Smithville is such a passion of mine! I hope that in some little way I can help our guest getaway be just a little bit better! It was so nice to hear that I made a difference. It's great to hear that Smithville is your getaway place for fun and relaxation, can't wait to see you again!
See you in the Village
Your friend at the Colonial Inn,
Tracy

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Colonial Inn in mid-September for two nights. About 10 days before our arrival, they called to ask if we wanted to be upgraded...we said yes and stayed in the Leeds room, which had a queen bed and overlooked the "lake", which isn't much on the end where we stayed,
Nonetheless, the room was very nice, comfortable mattress. elegant bathroom and clean. The breakfast is modest...you pick out a danish or croissant, coffee or tea, and juice the night before, then pick it up in the morning. You can eat in their lobby or take it back to your room, which we did...they have a little table in the room for eating.
The room had wi-fi which was nice.
The lodging is in the shoppes at Smithville, a collection of interesting shops, some in old buildings from New Jersey that were transported to Smithville for this purpose. There are also several eateries, including the historic Smithville Inn (didn't eat there) and Fred and Ethel's Lantern Light Restaurant (ate there twice. was OK, not great but perfectly acceptable) Also, the Smithville Bakery has a good breakfast and pastries.
We would go back again....definitely a nice place to stay and the location puts you to within a short drive of Atlantic City, Ocean City and other shore points.

2  Thank biggity
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We booked The Colonial Inn as we were attending a wedding in Hammonton and needed a night's stay during the busy Labor Day weekend. The Colonial Inn staff was warm and welcoming, the room was incredibly comfortable and my husband and I loved the steam shower. Definitely a relaxing place to make a great escape, and definitely a good value.

Room Tip: We had the Noyes Room which has a great lake view and excellent space. It is right across the hall...
1  Thank mellokello
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was our first visit to The Colonial inn. It was a wonderful experience. From the minute you walk in the door to the minute you check out you are treated wonderfully. Everyone is so nice. The room was beautiful. It was so cleaned. We had such a great time. The location is right in the middle of a shopping village, which was very nice. It had many stores, restuarants, and bakeries. Once you park your car, you don't have to move it until you go home. In the morning they give you a basket of either muffins or crossiants, and yogurt and coffee. I am looking forwarding to going back again :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Our first time at a Bed and Breakfast we were somewhat hesitant, but, this is a really nice place to kick back, relax and enjoy. Inn was clean, staff pleasant and friendly. The shops in the village are small but interesting. Two local restaurants on the property provided excellant dining. I would go back again just to relax, and relax and relax....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
5 mi away
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 17 in Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area

Been to The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville? Share your experiences!