“Wonderful Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Getaway”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I spent a night in the Inn in a room that faced the lake and the Christmas light display. It was the perfect getaway for us in the middle of the Christmas madness. We parked the car when we checked In and didn't move it until the next day. The room was nice and clean and the employees very nice and friendly. We shopped in the stores and everyone was very friendly and seemed happy for our business. We did a wine tasting with a really friendly saleswoman. And we ate a very nice dinner at the Smithville Inn that had a nice view of the lake. Walking around was just magical with all the lights and we fell asleep with the blinds open so that we could look at the trees on the lake. Bonus was the delicious basket with our breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stay at the Colonial Inn every year while driving down south for our summer vacation. Historic Smithville is a very quiet place with a relatively nice selection of restaurants. My two sons especially enjoy the carousel located at the center of the village and the little train going all around. Personnel at the Colonial Inn are welcoming and friendly, rooms are comfortable and very clean. For about the same price as a standard highway-side hotel, this place makes a much nicer place to stop for a one-nighter. It also makes a nice romantic getaway for couples.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lmcote
Midland Park
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The Colonial Inn at Smithville is a great place for a break from the crazy busy world. The Inn has so many great rooms and the village so many places to eat and shop. Thank you to the awesome staff for our great stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great Ours had a lake view but all are right in the Village.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stay at the Colonial Inn in Smithville every 2 months for days on end. It is my favorite place to vacation. Everyone at the Colonial Inn is so wonderful and make you feel like family. Tracy the Innkeeper, Emily, Patsy and all of the staff are wonderful people. I've stayed in practically every room and each one is decorated beautifully and very homey. The breakfast comes in a quaint country basket and is always fresh and delicious. The shoppes always offer something unique. The grounds are so spacious. I can spend days just walking around or just sitting in one of the many sitting areas and just people watch. The carousel and train are for young and not so young alike. I thoroughly enjoy each and every square inch of Historic Smithville and The Village Greene. I wouldn't ever consider staying anywhere but The Colonial Inn. It is my home away from home and I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CatMom9
new jersey
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Nice place and area, but disappointing. We stayed in the Leeds room, one of the larger rooms. Though the room was nice, the housekeeping it terrible. The stains on the carpet were an instant turn off and the visible cobwebs made it seem the room had not been cleaned for awhile. After showering, I wiped the water from the shower door so it wouldn't puddle on the floor and was appalled by the black mildew that came off on the floor mat. Apparently, it had not been cleaned for awhile. While relaxing on the bed, we unfortunately discovered a toenail..... that was not ours!....gross! After spending the afternoon sightseeing, we came back to the room only to discover the table was all sticky and had never been cleaned, even though housekeeping had been there. We expected so much more based on the reviews, but our room was not clean and what could have been special touches were generic amenities. Continental breakfast and generic toiletries were nothing special; a real let down.

Room Tip: Ask when the room was last cleaned and whether bedspread was washed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 38avar
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Wonderful place for couples in the off season. The room was wonderful, cozy and relaxing. We had a fireplace in the livingroom and a very large bedroom with huge soaking tub. I will be going back next season!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie G
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My company booked an overnight (too short) stay at the Colonial Inn. I arrived within minutes of the shops closing but had a chance to redeem a few freebies as being an overnight guest (soap & doggie treat). The village itself is very charming and great for the whole family. The room I was in was located within the "barn" and definitely matched the colonial theme. It was very spacious and clean and the wifi worked great. With the stay breakfast is included and I had a delicious croissant, coffee and juice which I ate while watching ducks swim in the pond before heading off to my workday. For those interested in visiting Atlantic City it was about a 25-30 minute drive. If I ever return to Smithville I'll be sure to bring my husband along to enjoy this town and bed and breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank espanasuenos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Marriott's Fairway Villas

Been to The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville? Share your experiences!