“Wonderful Stay”

The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville
Ranked #1 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed in the barn on a beautiful Saturday evening. Our room was decorated nicely, was large and very clean. We stayed in a room that had a porch outside it which really added to the experience. We sat outside and enjoyed the porch in the evening and in the morning when we brought our breakfast basket back to the room to sit outside and eat. I prefer a hot breakfast when staying at an inn but the muffins and coffee and tea was still very nice. The village it is a part of is alittle hokey but it was still fun to walk around looking at the shops and the tavern we ate at in the center of the village was nice and had good food. We took a cab to AC for a show in the evening kind of pricey $45 each way before tip but still worth it. The other couple we came with loved the inn and were saying they really wanted to come back for another stay.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
colonialinnkeeper, Owner at The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

It really sounds like you and your friends had a great little getaway. Thank you for introducing the Colonial Inn to your friends:) and thank you for this wonderful write up on trip advisor. We know it's hard for people to find time to getaway so when they choose to visit us we are flatered, thanks! We can't wait to see you again, this christmas season we will have the free light show on the lake so even if you can't stay with us at the Inn make sure to visit the village. ( the light show is a little hokey too, but we all need a little hoke sometimes !!:)

Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed in the Noyes Room at the Colonial Inn after a wedding at the Smithville Inn. Both of us were very impressed with all the details that went into our stay. The room was beautiful - we had a chance to see other rooms and they were just as well-appointed. They were clean, updated and very accommodating. My husband and I were very much at home the moment we walked through the door. Breakfast was provided in the Am from the cafe and it was given to us in a little basket for us to take wherever we wanted - we ate on the outdoor patio overlooking the lake. My only complaint is that I think they need to be a little more informative on check-in/front desk hours. We were lucky enough to have a friend check us in, prior to the wedding (we were in the bridal party so we were otherwise occupied upon arrival). We had no idea the front desk shut down and wouldn't have been able to check into our room when we finally arrived! I only discovered this after I thought our A/C wasn't working (it was, it just took a moment to kick on) and I tried calling the front desk for assistance. Otherwise, I have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I had another wonderful visit to the B & B, The Colonial Inn at Smithville, NJ. They were so wonderful for me. It was my fifth stay with them and upon returning, they gave me a reusable gift bag with Colonial Inn goodies inside of it. I shopped and had a lovely lunch and treated myself to ice cream for dinner! I loved the bathtub and used the soap I bought at the Little Egg Harbor Soap Company in the village. I can't wait to go back. My wonderful husband sent me for the night after spending a lovely day at the Red Door Spa around the corner to the Inn. I was in heaven. My little basket for breakfast was just enough to start my day! I loved my room over looking the lake and found it so relaxing to wonder around and shop with an ice tea. I will be back as soon as I can!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This is a great location with excellent staff complimented with clean accomodations. We stayed here with our children and their families and had a very enjoyable time. Visiting the shops in the village adds another dimension of relaxation. This was our third visit and we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We wanted to be near Atlantic City for a show, but we did not want to stay in the casino area. Colonial Inn was an easy 15-minute drive to the coast. It is a lovely place with clean, quiet rooms, and it's in a downtown-ish little community of shops and restaurants. The price was excellent, and all our requests were greeted with a cheerful "absolutely!" from the innkeeper. Breakfast is served in a basket that you can eat in the restaurant or take out to the lake or your room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The Colonial Inn was a wonderful, charming, friendly Inn to stay at. We were there for my cousins wedding and the accomidations couldn't have been nicer. The staff was so friendly and accomadating. They even supplied me with a cork screw and glasses to enjoy a bottle of local wine I purchased in the village.
My husband and sister each commented on how comfortable they found the beds. I know I slept great both nights we were there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I've visited many B&B's and never was I limited to ONE choice of a muffin, bagel, etc.! All B&B's I've visited had the breakfast set up in the main room with bakets of various items to select from along with unlimited juices, coffees/teas. The afternoon tea is a joke! I went to the designated room and nothing was set out at all. I asked an attendant where it was and she replied "oh you have to request it" So I asked what was available and she pointed to some cookies in a jar and I asked what about a drink and she said tea or coffee! Additionally, the owner was rude and unaccommodating. The rooms are nice but are definitely overpriced considering what you don't get! Also the airconditier is right beside the bed and cycled on and off all night thus disrupting our sleep. Go a couple miles to Atlantic City and you'll find much more for your dollar.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jjeldance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
5 mi away
Marriott's Fairway Villas
#1 of 18 in Galloway
Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club

Been to The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville? Share your experiences!