“An okay place”
Review of Pier 4 Hotel

Pier 4 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This is your typical Jersey shore hotel. Excellent staff; friendly and helpful. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Room had a microwave, coffee maker and old tube TV. Bathroom had basic soap and shampoo.
The shower towels are extremely small.

Free continental breakfast - bagels, muffins, cold cereal, etc... They could splurge for some low-fat or fat free milk and some Equal or Splenda.

The hotel is in need of a renovation. The 1st thing I would recommend is new mattresses. The mattress we had was horrible - worn out, zero support, with at least 1-2 busted springs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2010

My family and I have been staying at the Pier for years and have always had a very pleasant experience. The hotel and rooms could use a little renovating, sure, but they're clean and offer a beautiful view.
Pros:
Excellent location. Very close the OC if you plan on visiting the beach. With Crabby Jacks bay bar and The Crab Trap, you really don't need to even leave the area!
Beautiful view
Nice pool & deck
Nice staff
Away from the crowds of Ocean City (with hotels and rentals on top of one another)
Typically quiet area
Nice continental bfast (coffee, juices, cereals, bagels, fruit, waffles, muffins)

Cons:
Older rooms
Thin walls (it's usually not too much of a problem)
The room rates can be expensive

The pros far outweigh the cons. Year after year we return to Pier 4 and will continue to do so :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Ourageously priced at $220 per night when it looks like a $60/night place or less

Very bad location, behind a liquor store

Smells like cigarettes

Cold cereal breakfast

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank albuquerquebilly
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My wife Marie and I have been staying at the Pier 4 for over 20 years. Dawn and the girls greet us by name with a smile and make sure our stay is always great. The view, pool and Crabby Jacks tiki bar -what else do you need.. Bayside view year round offers the perfect getaway. With The Crab Trap, Anchorage, Inlet and Carolines nearby the Pier 4 offers a great vacation no matter what time of year that you visit. I promise you will have a great time. Mark Hozey, Washington Twp. NJ

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

At first glance this hotel is very nice, which is why we picked it. Unfortunately once we got in our room and I started putting my kids to bed, I saw a Bed Bug crawling on the wall above the bed!! Once we discovered it, we started searching the mattresses and there they were, crawling all over the seams!! Of course, after seeing that, we couldn't stay there, so my husband went down to tell the "clerk" and he could not care less, we told him we would be leaving and that we expected to not have our CC charged. Well, the next day I called to speak to the manager about the Credit Card and she proceeded to call me a liar and even worse treat me like a criminal, as if we used the hotel room to take a shower than leave!!! You can believe my frustration and I was completely insulted!! They are in complete denial so I can only expect the Hotel will be infested in a matter of time. Stay Away!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank db130
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I stayed in this hotel with one of my friends for 1 night. The bay view is great. The room was OK and the free breakfast was enough. I agree with one of the reviews that said it is disgusting to put the clean towels on the toilet's tank.
The hotel is old and needs renovation.
All in all it was not a bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank palmimp
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We spent 3 days at the Pier 4 during the off season, and found it very pleasant. The room was very clean, a balcony where you can sit and enjoy the fantastic view !! Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location is great, close to all attractions on the Jersey Coast. The Continental breakfast was more then your basic. Assorted Muffins, Bagels, Cereals, Waffles, Danish, Donuts, fresh fruit and drinks. Very nicely done. Our only disappointment was the cable they subscribe to. Very limited channels. No news channels or The Weather Channel. Over all we found the Pier 4 to be a pleasant place, and looking forward to returning next year I have to mention Emilio's Restaurant. We were looking for a good pizza restaurant and the Desk Clerk recommended Emilios. We were very pleased, the pizza was delicious !! One of the best I've had !! We also had their Antipasto Salad. What a delicious combination !! Food was great with great prices !!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Biscayne Suites
Biscayne Suites
#5 of 31 in Ocean City
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Passport Inn
Passport Inn
#3 of 7 in Somers Point

Been to Pier 4 Hotel? Share your experiences!