“Say no to Room 116!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Passport Inn

Passport Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
new jersey
“Say no to Room 116!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Usually, when I travel to Somers Point, I stay in an area hotel, however, I was booked by an assistant who, like I, was unfamiliar with accommodations, when he learned that the "area hotel" was booked! I pulled into the "inn" which was a floor motel and upon check in was assigned a room that when I went to find it, it was located back in a dark corner with debris outside the window. I felt like I was at the Bates Motel! The room assignment was completely inappropriate, especially for a woman who was travelling alone! I went back in to get another room and was reluctantly assigned to a different room...I never even went in...I called the hotel where I have stayed in the past...they did have a room! I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the credit card payment...NO WORRIES, I value my life more than the eerie, creepy feeling that I felt about the possibility of staying there! BTW, I write reviews on Trip Advisor frequently, I have never, ever had a travel experience like this one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank love2travel415

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the cost, location, and overall cleanliness of the Passport Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn gave us exactly what we needed for a good price. If you're just looking for something that doesn't break the bank and a good location to stay the night in, this place is a great find.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrittP77
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I were passing through Somers Point and after reading the reviews for the Passport Inn, decided to book a room for 4 nights. After arriving, I went in to obtain the room key and was not even greeted. The owner looked at me like I was bothering him and had all he could do to wait on me. Once in the room, I was extremely disappointed. Very old, freezing bathroom, tub would not drain, mattress was very uncomfortable and overall a terrible experience. My husband, however, was treated as a gentleman. I felt the owner just didn't think a 'woman' should be conducting any type of business transaction. We will never stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can find a good room, I'd love to hear about it! I swear the other reviews must have been...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gale35
reading, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I read the reviews here and we decided to try it for ourselves. The friendly owner was understanding of our late night arrival and greeted us with a smile. We found the our room to be very clean, roomy, and quiet. Our king sized bed was a little hard, but not bad. We loved being across the street from The Crab Trap, which we enjoy. The Crab Trap has a bar on the water behind the restaurant that is open air and a nice place to enjoy the bay and the new bridge when it is lit up at night. You are also walking distance to a liquor store and a diner. The beach is a very short drive over the bridge and takes you right to the heart of the boardwalk. The parking spaces are tight, but someone mentioned a rear parking lot. The place has a recent remodel and it looks very nice. They do not have a website so maybe this place will remain a best kept secret for a while longer. Our room was $48/night, truly a bargain !! We will return and I highly recommend !!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank initfrfn
Saxtons River, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

While I was initially leery of such inexpensive accommodations, after reading recent reviews of this motel, I decided to give it a try on a recent overnight to Somers Point. It was fabulous! Clean, clean clean. Friendly owners. Free very fast wifi. Mid-size refrigerator in room. Unbeatable location. Right next to Shore Point Diner, which is the best. A safe and comfortable place to stay, and I am very appreciative to the owners for running such a lovely place!

Room Tip: I asked for a room far away from any smoking rooms -- it was very nice and did not smell at all of s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dublin505
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The only complaint that I had is the price switcheroo. We were quoted $64 per night (pre-tax) and were charged more than that when we arrived after a very long rainy road trip. Also, we were told that we would get an extra cot, but we all (2 adults and 3 children) fit into 2 beds so I didn't ask for it. In addition, the walls were thin and the man next door was congested plus cigarette smoke floated in through our bathroom window. (I did check thoroughly for critters and came up empty, thankfully, although I wasn't all that concerned judging by the cleaniness of the room). The continental breakfast included muffins, cereal and Gevalia coffee- not fancy but delicious & they made good use of the lobby space. The sink and bathroom area were updated and very clean. The bathtub drain was clogged but that made us feel at home because ours was too. The chairs provided and the little round table were comfortable and practical. My daughter spent a lot of time reading in those chairs Outside of our bathroom window was a tomato garden growing for the Point Diner which is right next door & wonderful too. There is also a beautiful view of the bay and of the Somers Mansion. The family caretakers were friendly and helpful. Nice flat screen TV for watching movies during the rain. We got and end room (#123) and really liked that.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great & sunny. Bring ear plugs & sleeping mask just in case any time that...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seafoam2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is my "go-to" place when staying in Ocean City, N.J! Passport's beds are comfortable and the rooms are always clean and quiet. As a female traveling alone, I have always felt safe there. The prices are VERY reasonable for it's location. Ocean City beaches are accessible via a healthy 3 mile walk or 6 minute drive across the 9th St. Bridge. (9th St. traverses the main downtown area and will take you towards the northern end of the Boardwalk.) Having a refrigerator (compact, but more than a cube) and a microwave are nice extras for soda, bottled waters and "doggie bags" from several Somers Point restaurants that are within just a few minutes walk of the motel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
#3 of 32 in Ocean City
Watson's Regency Suites
Watson's Regency Suites
#8 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Passport Inn? Share your experiences!