“Very Clean Rooms”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean Rooms”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Last minute decision to attend a local family party brought us to the Passport Inn. I was pleasantly surprised! As other reviewers have noted this place was immaculate. It was well maintained, updated and centrally located. If you watch hotel impossible, Anthony would approve! Nothing fancy but don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Boufie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is immaculate from the moment you pull in the parking lot. The rooms are the same way & have recently remodeled tile bathrooms. Stayed here a few times this year & will be returning for sure. The staff are always present, friendly & helpful. Beautiful clean pool. The owners & staff can be seen maintaining property often. You can see they take great pride in keeping the hotel in great condition. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank nsr934
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for 20 years. The Management is very accommodating and friendly. The recently renovated rooms are spacious and immaculate. Microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron, hair dryer and large screen tv make you feel at home away from home. The inground pool is a bonus. The beds are very comfortable. You can walk across the street to the fishing pier or drive 5 minutes to another pier at Longport Blvd. and the Ocean Drive entrance. You can walk to the Crab Trap for a delicious meal or the liquor store directly across the street. It is a 5 minute ride over the bridge into Ocean City. I highly recommend the Passport Inn formerly known as Bay Point Motel. During the height of the summer, I recommend calling for reservations. They sell out often. Tell Bob, the manager, that Gale sent you.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. It is a quiet motel. No loud parties, etc. Good place to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gale M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is a gem! Great location! Just over the bridge from Ocean City, NJ and minutes away from Cape May and Atlantic City. Recently stayed for our 5th time. Rooms are always clean and staff is very friendly. Good food and things to do within walking distance from hotel. Looking forward to going back in a few weeks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sv360jim
new jersey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Usually, when I travel to Somers Point, I stay in an area hotel, however, I was booked by an assistant who, like I, was unfamiliar with accommodations, when he learned that the "area hotel" was booked! I pulled into the "inn" which was a floor motel and upon check in was assigned a room that when I went to find it, it was located back in a dark corner with debris outside the window. I felt like I was at the Bates Motel! The room assignment was completely inappropriate, especially for a woman who was travelling alone! I went back in to get another room and was reluctantly assigned to a different room...I never even went in...I called the hotel where I have stayed in the past...they did have a room! I was told that there was nothing that could be done about the credit card payment...NO WORRIES, I value my life more than the eerie, creepy feeling that I felt about the possibility of staying there! BTW, I write reviews on Trip Advisor frequently, I have never, ever had a travel experience like this one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank love2travel415
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the cost, location, and overall cleanliness of the Passport Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn gave us exactly what we needed for a good price. If you're just looking for something that doesn't break the bank and a good location to stay the night in, this place is a great find.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrittP77
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I were passing through Somers Point and after reading the reviews for the Passport Inn, decided to book a room for 4 nights. After arriving, I went in to obtain the room key and was not even greeted. The owner looked at me like I was bothering him and had all he could do to wait on me. Once in the room, I was extremely disappointed. Very old, freezing bathroom, tub would not drain, mattress was very uncomfortable and overall a terrible experience. My husband, however, was treated as a gentleman. I felt the owner just didn't think a 'woman' should be conducting any type of business transaction. We will never stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can find a good room, I'd love to hear about it! I swear the other reviews must have been...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Somers Point
Coral Sands
Coral Sands
#15 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Passport Inn? Share your experiences!