“Great Restaurant on the Water!”
Review of Smitty's Clam Bar

Smitty's Clam Bar
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Always a wait to get in but one of the better seafood restaurants on the Shore.
Food is always fresh along with this it makes it worth the wait.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spent a week at the shore this year and this place was highly recommended by my friend and other TA reviews. Tried to get in last year and my husband would wait the hour plus. This year we tried again for my birthday and again it was an hour wait, at least. Since it was my birthday i got to choose where we ate.

We ended up waiting a full hour+. Experience waiters(people waiting) brought games to play, there was a entire band playing their music in their van while waiting. It's a BYOB so you can start your drinking while you wait. If the weather is bad then you're sucking wind for sure case it's packed and there isn't any indoor waiting area. I think if you have young children that might get tired and cranky this could be tough. Maybe get there really early?

We were seated inside which is really noisy, cramped, kinda dirty and right by an outside door, but I was like who cares this is gonna be great. I was so psyched to finally eat here from all the hoopla I heard!

Bottom line the food was just okay, nothing over the top. Typical fried clams with fries and cole slaw, steamer were gritty, crab cakes were decent. Reasonable price but it still ended up being over $15 per person(4 entrees and 3 appis) with out desert or alcohol.

I won't be rushing to go there again.

1  Thank monkeyboobs
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect spot for a late lunch/early dinner, and if you time it around 2-4 there is no wait! Raw clams and tuna in
ginger/soy sauce were fab, great portion size of tuna! The servers were great-onformative and attenative. I'll be back again today....and maybe tomorrow!

1  Thank MisseyMBJ
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a wonderful dinner at Smitty's. Wait was an hour but we ordered appetizers and had wine making friends with other diners while waiting. Restaurant was busy, crowded and a typical shore experience. We were seated at a small table (5 of us at a table for 4). The hostess apologized and brought us complimentary appetizers. Food was fresh, hot and delicious. We will be back!!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family ate here twice in a three day weekend. The food is very good and prices are less than what you'd normally pay in this area. The other appeal was that the wait was "only" 30 minutes when we arrived at 5:40 on a Saturday night. Other restaurants in the area have 90 minutes wait or more. We had an assortment of fried seafood one night and went for the baked specials on the second night. The baked scallops and tuna were both delicious in a wasabi soy sauce. The seafood rockefeller and Seafood bolonese were also tasty. Portion size was good. We enjoyed everything and cleaned our plates. This is a very very casual family atmosphere and feels like it could use some changes in decor but the business is booming, so why bother? Choices of sides were very limited. We were craving a baked potato or mashed with our baked entrees or even a small side salad but the options included cole slaw, fries, applesauce, corn salad and get this- lettuce and tomato?? BYOB is the norm here so feel free to bring what you like to drink. I gave four stars due to the lack of menu options and the decor.