“Great meal every time we go”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just had dinner at the Trap again last night with my wife and as usual everything was very good. When we arrived the wait was an hour so my wife and I walked back to Crabby Jacks and grabbed a drink while we waited. After about a half hour our buzzer went off and we were seated promptly.

If you are looking for a 5-star meal you are not at the right place BUT if you are looking for a very well priced and tasty seafood meal in Ocean City, you are at the right place!

Get the Steak and Cake, great value and portions for the price!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We always start and end our vacations to OC here. We love it!! Whoever wrote that it's a tourist trap was clearly never there in the winter when there's a wait and it's full of the locals from OC and the surrounding towns. We were there May 30 and June 4 and had excellent food and superb service. We've been coming for years and looking forward to our next meal there!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our monthly visit to the Crab Trap,and as always the food was great,from soup to nuts.But like I said in past post the attitudes and the nice waitress seem to be a thing of the past.Its is hard to get a good waitress service there as we use to.We spend good money in this place every month,and most of them seem like they really hate their jobs and really don't want to be there.We seem to treated better by the busboys that work there.We will be back for our monthly visit.We still love this place,but not the service.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I honestly don't get what it is about the Crab Trap that has people waiting in lines to get in for years. The food here is just like every other seafood restaurant in the area. The prices are reasonable and the food is ok. I was there on a slow night and felt the service was slow as well. I have never been to the Crab Trap when it wasn't crowded and have never sat anywhere but at the bar. After having dinner in the dining room, I don't have a need to go back and wonder what it is about it that has people waiting hours to get in. In the summer months this place is packed. Parking is tough and the wait is well over an hour. Do yourself a favor, drive down Bay Ave (across the street) where there are plenty of other seafood restaurants just as good to choose from.

3  Thank MCKNJ
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate here, as many do, because it is the first restaurant where you can get a drink with dinner outside Ocean City, NJ. I was underwhelmed. First the service was great. Attentive, courteous, no complaints. However two of the three meals ordered by the group were not great. I had shrimp scampi - the shrimp was overcooked - chewy and rubber. The sauce was OK but not great. It really did not taste like a scampi sauce at all. My husband's crabcakes were also nothing special, although we may be spoiled by Maryland crabcakes, which we eat far more often and are substantially better. My friend's stuffed flounder, however, was very good. The prices were pretty standard for the area. I am not sure I would pick this restaurant to go to but I wouldn't refuse to go here if my companions wanted to.

1  Thank PRMeadows